CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by SheeTacular 24th November 2010, 7:15 pm

Hey lady!! Love the hair! Sorry about the suspected breakage. You and Goapele!! your a celebrity now!! lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th November 2010, 8:05 pm

HEY congrats on your blog!
Love the braid out!
Have a happy thanksgving Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 12:47 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey lady!! Love the hair! Sorry about the suspected breakage. You and Goapele!! your a celebrity now!! lol

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HEY congrats on your blog!
Love the braid out!
Have a happy thanksgving Very Happy

Hey ladies! Thank you very much! Shee- no celebrity but it's fun to take pictures with them!
IB- thanks girlfriend, the blog is going to be fun I think. I tend to have a lot of fun now that I'm close to being an empty nester and people are always asking me how I know about events, and about my hair, so the blog will address that.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

It's Thanksgiving and I got a late start cooking and went to bed at 4am! affraid Procrastination gets you nowhere! But alas dinner is nearing done and I'm ready to kick back once everything else is done.

Hope you ladies have a great one.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 5:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving poetic!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th November 2010, 7:54 pm

natty!!! Where have u been????
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th November 2010, 10:57 am

Hey Miss! I have had a bit of a storm come into my life so I have been kinda keeping it together in quiet. That's just how I do. When everything gets loud, you have to find that center of quiet.

Anyway, your avi looks so beautiful!!! Really stunning! Your hair is treating you so well.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th November 2010, 11:35 am

Hey PS, how was your holiday? I see that you had eggnog. Was it spiked tongue . If not i know you enjoyed it anyways.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th November 2010, 11:02 am

Lol at "was it spiked?"

Hey Poet! Did you have a lot of folks at your house? My day was spent running around, but it was all good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th November 2010, 10:33 pm

LOL @ the procrastination bug. I got bit too. I didn't get on the road until Thanksgiving morning, and still had pies to bake and eggrolls to fry once I got there. I hope you were able to relax for the rest of the day.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 10:42 am

4am affraid I'm sure it was well worth it!! I keep going back to your blog looking at your hair. You may suspect you have a bit of breakage, but it sure does look good. Your twist out is huge!!!

I know what you mean about almost an empty nest. I don't think my nest will be completely empty, because my sons intentions are to come home every break then can. LOL

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving...did you do any Black Friday shopping?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Empty Catching up after Thanksgiving

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th November 2010, 3:23 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey Miss! I have had a bit of a storm come into my life so I have been kinda keeping it together in quiet. That's just how I do. When everything gets loud, you have to find that center of quiet.

Anyway, your avi looks so beautiful!!! Really stunning! Your hair is treating you so well.
Hey Natty! I understand getting quiet thru the storm. Sometimes you just have to sit and listen. Thanks for the avi/hair comments!

CrissyQ wrote:Hey PS, how was your holiday? I see that you had eggnog. Was it spiked tongue . If not i know you enjoyed it anyways.
@Crissy- as my Virginian folks would say- Indeed, YES! That egg nog was definitely spiked! The holiday was great. My days off after was pretty good but could have been better!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Lol at "was it spiked?"

Hey Poet! Did you have a lot of folks at your house? My day was spent running around, but it was all good!
Hey Sweet- I did have folks over. Only about 6. That was plenty! I hate running around and the saving grace of cooking is staying home and enjoying the leftovers! And as for the egg nog being spiked- Indeed. Yes! Smile

freckledmom4 wrote:LOL @ the procrastination bug. I got bit too. I didn't get on the road until Thanksgiving morning, and still had pies to bake and eggrolls to fry once I got there. I hope you were able to relax for the rest of the day.
hey Freckledmom. Girl... procrastination. It's quite the beast for me to slay. We have learned to co-exist. Sometimes I win, sometimes proC wins. Smile Mmmmmm to those eggrolls! You make them homemade?

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:4am affraid I'm sure it was well worth it!! I keep going back to your blog looking at your hair. You may suspect you have a bit of breakage, but it sure does look good. Your twist out is huge!!!

I know what you mean about almost an empty nest. I don't think my nest will be completely empty, because my sons intentions are to come home every break then can. LOL

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving...did you do any Black Friday shopping?
Hey KNH! LOL @ Going to the blog to look at my hair. It did get really big on day 4 or so! I always wash it around that time. I definitely spotted some breakage. I realized it's in an area where I let my berets sit. I meant to line them with silk/satin but haven't yet. Think I'd better! I didn't purchase a thing on Black Friday. I ended up helping a friend move and by the time the day was over- I had completely forgotten! And... I can't even think about the empty nest. My son would come home too but boy... I will miss him greatly!

Soooo ladies, the first holiday is over. Gearing up for the next. My Thanksgiving was very pleasantly spent with my inlaws and my favorite auntie and uncle. It rained all day here and I was glad to be in the comforts of my own home. As soon as everyone left, we rushed to put on our PJs and passed out! Then my son went away for a couple of days so my husband and I enjoyed some quiet shopping and coffee and went out dancing on one of those nights. Nothing like getting to be grown and sexy for a couple of days! Wink... Anyway, I missed out on the Black Friday shopping, online and othewise. I was too tired and busy to worry about it on Friday. Too much to do that wasn't shopping or pc related... met a friend who was in town... took my son to physical therapy. By the time I remembered, it was Saturday. LOL! We spent much of the weekend helping a newly divorced friend move. Can you say UNORGANIZED?? How about- HIRE MOVERS!!!?? I spent 2 of my days off that way. It's good to help others but that was a bit much.

Anyway- in hair news- not much else is going on. I only took one picture the entire time which I will post below. It is from a football game party and my new fb picture so some of you have seen it already. That was fun and I'll have to post about it on my blog later. But the most important thing is- I have been experimenting with another new product. LOL @ myself for not even wanting to admit it here... I do have a problem. LOL! Anyway, I've continued to use the Bee Mine Curly butter but this time I refreshed it 2x with another product. A pomade by Curls. I want to use it again this week and will review it after to see if it continues to play well. Tonight after working out I plan to do a rinse MTM provided using burdock, hibiscus, etc because I definitely have about a 1/2 inch breakage in a really odd place... I think caused by this tam I've been wearing. It is made from acrylic and I REALLY need to line it ASAP because it's too cold to go hatless and it's only going to get worse.

Anyway, here is the game day photo. Have a great week ladies!
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 70765_10
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th November 2010, 4:40 pm

Yes I have seen that beautiful picture on FB! I will come back for a review! I haven't tried anything new but I did order DB deep conditioner so I am anxious to get that.,
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th November 2010, 10:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Yes I have seen that beautiful picture on FB! I will come back for a review! I haven't tried anything new but I did order DB deep conditioner so I am anxious to get that.,
Thanks Sweet! Can't wait to hear about the DB!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st December 2010, 12:14 am

Hey Poetic!

Lookin good...you look happy in your pic! cheers

I check out your blog on the regular. I'll chime in once I get my passwords together. All y'all have blogs now..I get confused..gotta put 'em in one place! LOL

Let me know how that works for you...you know I like Curls. Hey, try the website...I put a positive comment, they sent me a dollar off coupon!

Later! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st December 2010, 9:10 am

Hey Poeticly,

Love the pic, can't wait for your review of the pomade. I've heard that Curls had a really good pomade at Target and I'm wondering if its the same one.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th December 2010, 7:28 pm

Hey SIs!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Empty Hair Drama! :(

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th December 2010, 12:49 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Poetic!

Lookin good...you look happy in your pic! cheers

I check out your blog on the regular. I'll chime in once I get my passwords together. All y'all have blogs now..I get confused..gotta put 'em in one place! LOL

Let me know how that works for you...you know I like Curls. Hey, try the website...I put a positive comment, they sent me a dollar off coupon!

Later! ;-)

krazy coils wrote:Hey Poeticly,

Love the pic, can't wait for your review of the pomade. I've heard that Curls had a really good pomade at Target and I'm wondering if its the same one.

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey SIs!!

Hello to EVERYONE!! So... I've been having some hair challenges. For the last month or 2 I've been using the Bee Mine Curly Hold Butter, successfully. I washed my hair on Thanksgiving eve and rocked a twist out for the entire weekend. I purchased the Curls pomade and began using it to maintenance the twist out over that weekend. I was feeling lazy with my hair and by Monday I was using the pomade to slick back my edges for a puff. I wore the puff for 2-3 days after. Normally I have at least co-washed my hair in the midst of all this but I didn't work out, so I just let it be. Well... When I got around to washing it, it felt different. Like dry, hard, super coarse. So I threw together a DC and left it on for a couple of hours. When I washed that out, my hair was a complete WRECK! It felt different and it LOOKED different. My hair had clumped together in a way it has never done before. It dried super fast and when I looked at it in the mirror it was just all clumped together and completely unmanageable. I nearly cried. Inside I did. Luckily my husband sat with me thru all of this drama as I detangled as gently as I could and twisted it back up... But during the process I lost a lot of hair. And the next day and for several days after, I had knots. Big ones. WTH??!! I have no idea what happened. But I'm thinking that I had introduced that Curls pomade on top of the Bee Mine and that didn't work at all. I swear... it's like my hair decided to lock during the days I didn't wash it. Since then I've been nursing my hair back to health. From time to time, sections still stick together like they're trying to lock and I just comb it back out. I am babying my hair like no one's business! I've been DCing, I've washed it a couple times to make sure it doesn't do the clumping thing again but I've done it each time in complete fear. I decided to return to using my old tried and true products- shea moisture and oil. I'm keeping it simple until we are ok again. I just did it last night and it looks and feels much better today. I will continue to monitor the situation. For now, I can't give an accurate review of the Curls pomade but I am also scared to use it again!

Aside from that, nothing new to report. I continue to exercise and stay on my fitness although lately I've been a little lax. Trying to pick it up again. It's the cold weather. Makes me want to go home and curl up on my couch. Holla if you hear me!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th December 2010, 12:58 pm

HEY PS, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HAIR. I HOPE YOU FIND THE CULPRIT AND GET RID OF IT. Sorry for the caps, i forgot to take them off and was to lazy to retype, I was not hollering at you. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th December 2010, 1:30 pm

It seems like you are on top of the hair issues! My money is on you! Bless you for working out..I have to get my big arse up and do something soon!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th December 2010, 3:47 pm

I'm with you on the cold weather. I have to force myself to go and workout. It could be the pomade which contributed to the issue you had with your hair, but what was in the dc you put together? If it was something you haven't done before that also could have contributed.

I experienced something similar to this a while back when I used a conditioner I got out of TJMAXX on sale ( can't remember the name of it now). I mixed it with a bunch of oils and my hair became extremely hard and difficult to detangle. Make sure to give Thelma some TLC!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th December 2010, 1:10 pm

CrissyQ wrote:HEY PS, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HAIR. I HOPE YOU FIND THE CULPRIT AND GET RID OF IT. Sorry for the caps, i forgot to take them off and was to lazy to retype, I was not hollering at you. LOL
Crissy, girl.... I was in full panic mode over my hair. Things have calmed considerably and I am pleased! I obviously did something my hair didn't like. I'm no mixologist- need to stop pretending I am! Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:It seems like you are on top of the hair issues! My money is on you! Bless you for working out..I have to get my big arse up and do something soon!
Thanks Sweet! Girl, I am on top of it. We have been getting on much better since "the incident". Wink and let me tell you- making myself workout has not been an easy feat. It's cold and all I wanna do is watch tv in my warm bed!

krazy coils wrote:I'm with you on the cold weather. I have to force myself to go and workout. It could be the pomade which contributed to the issue you had with your hair, but what was in the dc you put together? If it was something you haven't done before that also could have contributed.

I experienced something similar to this a while back when I used a conditioner I got out of TJMAXX on sale ( can't remember the name of it now). I mixed it with a bunch of oils and my hair became extremely hard and difficult to detangle. Make sure to give Thelma some TLC!
Hmmmmmmmm.... KC- I did use a conditioner I purchased from TJ Maxx. It was probably old then and I still use it occasionally. I should be careful and look into it. It's in a green jar. Don't even know the name. Anyway, I can't even remember what was in the dc but that green jar condish was a part of it. I also put in olive oil and another conditioner. BUT- my hair was in a state before I even did that. Who knows- the DC may have worsened it. I swear it looked like I had dreads when I finished and no curls. When I washed the other day, my curls were back and I was happy! Now I can finally concentrate on other things, like updating my blog because truly I came home and studied, washed, medicated my hair every day since then and it's only been about a week! Shocked

In other news, the week is moving along and it is bitterly cold here! So far, Thelma is staying hydrated despite the fact that I'm not protecting her much. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me but I made it thru last winter just fine with hats and a lot of pampering. I started henna treatments again and honestly the shedding I was experiencing has come to a slow crawl. Yay for that bit of good news.

I usually like to update on my fitness quest. Lately I have been crawling in the weight loss mission because I've been busy and because life has been a little crazy when not busy. Not too serious but enough to keep me hopping. I've been trying to focus on accomplishing a few things before the year ends so that I can continue to push my career agenda in 2011. I'm ready to do something new. Hence, writing more and getting my blog off the ground. Now that the hair drama has ended, I can post a few new things. I have some hair stuff and new music I want to discuss. That's about it. Happy Wednesday ladies!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 3:12 pm

Hey PS! Stopping by to see you! Just read your update and I'm sorry about your hair frustration. Sounds like Thelma didn't agree with the mix of products. You're definitely on top your game with your hair. Glad to hear the hair drama is over! I feel you on focusing on all things new in 2011! I'm right there with you! I have so many goals that HAVE get off the ground. No more delays. The 2011 theme is "Pressing Forward No Matter What!"
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Empty Greetings chicas - still twisted (pics too)

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st December 2010, 1:58 am

Hey ladies! I am stepping outside lurker mode tonight! I've been super busy with work, the holidays, my anniversary and just life! But I have been coming here from time to time just to see what you all are doing! I seem to commit to FB a little more, I think because i just type a sentence and bounce. I feel like a reluctant boyfriend. Very non-commital during the holidays. LOL! Razz

I haven't had much to post about my hair of late. I've returned to my twist outs and I've also returned to using my aveda defining whip to do my twists. the other night, I DC'd for the first time in forever but with heat. For some unexplainable reason I've just never used heat. I think it helped a lot because my hair was feeling a little dry. The weather here has been very cold and since I don't protective style- I keep moisturizing on a regular basis! Aside from that, I'm going to henna this weekend, but likely not until Sunday because of the business of the next couple of days.

The holidays have been hectic and I have not been taking pictures! I've just been trying to enjoy some days off and some peace of mind with my family. That said, my anniversary was on Wednesday. 9 years. Time flies. I'm happy we have made it thru the good times and those that weren't so good too. Marriage is a lot of work but the pay off is phenomenal if you just keep moving forward. And you already know that's what I'm all about. Moving forward!

That said- I'm rejoining boot camp and continuing my weight loss efforts. I haven't given up but I did let up a little. Time to regroup! Happy New Year to each of you!

Here are a couple of pics:

Holiday party with some of my girlfriends- Thelma was big that night!:
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Dsc_1510

Updo on Christmas eve... Wasn't in the mood for photo but DH took it anyway:
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Dsc_1610

Anniversary night:
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 24 Dsc_1611

poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st December 2010, 2:30 am

Happy New Year to you too my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st December 2010, 8:50 am

Hoping you peace, love and ssssoooooouuuulllll in the New Year!

Beautiful avatar!

I can relate to the healthy lifestyle comment. I workout less now and need to regroup again.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next