CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2011, 11:31 am

Where in Sally's are you finding it? I want to go straight to it when I open the door (lol). How much is it? I have a Sally's card too.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 11:34 am

Hey BBD! They're hanging on the endcaps here in Ohio-- right in the first section of the store... NOT mixed in with the rest of the combs/brushes. It was on sale for 9.99- I paid 10.66 with tax. Your Sally card should get you out the door with 9.99!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 26th January 2011, 2:59 pm

Thank you for visiting, Lynne! The swimming/hair thing used to be a major hassle...especially with a short relaxed 'do that HAD to be done. I wasn't able to push it behind my ears or pull it into a ponytail. Now my only concern is taking care of the chlorine element when I'm done and I'm good to go. Smile

Wow...a half marathon! Have you already picked an event? A friend of mine did the White Rock half last month and it was truly inspiring to see everyone finish. One day I hope to have that kind of love for running. Right now, just committing to run an entire 5K is enough on my plate. LOL I just don't like to do it...but I know my overall time in triathlons will improve dramatically if I'd stop "wogging" the run portion.

I hope you plan to blog about your training...I'll definitely be visiting for a dose of motivation. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 26th January 2011, 5:04 pm

Oooh Lynne! This sounds like what I need to avoid all the snap, crackling and popping during my detangling sessions (the Tangle Teaser coupled with a little more patience). Thanks for your review and I'm glad you like it!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Empty Thursday!

Post by poeticlyspkng 27th January 2011, 2:23 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Thank you for visiting, Lynne! The swimming/hair thing used to be a major hassle...especially with a short relaxed 'do that HAD to be done. I wasn't able to push it behind my ears or pull it into a ponytail. Now my only concern is taking care of the chlorine element when I'm done and I'm good to go. Smile

Wow...a half marathon! Have you already picked an event? A friend of mine did the White Rock half last month and it was truly inspiring to see everyone finish. One day I hope to have that kind of love for running. Right now, just committing to run an entire 5K is enough on my plate. LOL I just don't like to do it...but I know my overall time in triathlons will improve dramatically if I'd stop "wogging" the run portion.

I hope you plan to blog about your training...I'll definitely be visiting for a dose of motivation. Smile
WHOA!! Correction! I meant 5K! Not sure what I was talking about! LOL!!! But I will still blog about my training! Thanks for correcting me!

freckledmom4 wrote:Oooh Lynne! This sounds like what I need to avoid all the snap, crackling and popping during my detangling sessions (the Tangle Teaser coupled with a little more patience). Thanks for your review and I'm glad you like it!
Hey FM4! That Teezer is great. Let me know your thoughts if you get one!

So, I wrote a new poem ladies. I'm thinking I'll put it on my blog today. It's kinda deep.

I've been diligently working on my fitness girls. Last week I lost 2lbs. For the last 2 years I have weighed 200+ pounds on my little frame. I've never said it out loud until now... but I was ashamed. I've struggled with weight every since I had surgery to remove an ovarian tumor. They thought it was cancer but I thank God that in the end- it was not. After that, my body shifted into early menopause and let me tell you- it hasn't been a fun ride at all. My metabolism changed and I gained weight like crazy. Add emotional eating to the pot and you officially have a mess. After breaking my wrist last March, my weight ballooned as high as 218. But thru boot camp and a great deal of perseverance- I have managed to lose 18 and a lot of body fat. This week I'm hoping to finally drop out of the 200's and continue my transition downward. Hard work and persistance pays off- you just have to keep pushing... yourself.

Aside, from that... no news in the hair area. The tangle teezer seduced Thelma and she has been sleeping every since. In the meantime, I have been looking for my next excuse to use it!

Last edited by poeticlyspkng on 27th January 2011, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title change)
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th January 2011, 5:04 pm

Keep it going Lynne. I'm gonna brak out my pom-poms to cheer you on!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 27th January 2011, 11:34 pm

we told you the tnagle teezer was the biz glad you like it
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th January 2011, 4:19 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:So, I wrote a new poem ladies. I'm thinking I'll put it on my blog today. It's kinda deep.

I've been diligently working on my fitness girls. Last week I lost 2lbs. For the last 2 years I have weighed 200+ pounds on my little frame. I've never said it out loud until now... but I was ashamed. I've struggled with weight every since I had surgery to remove an ovarian tumor. They thought it was cancer but I thank God that in the end- it was not. After that, my body shifted into early menopause and let me tell you- it hasn't been a fun ride at all. My metabolism changed and I gained weight like crazy. Add emotional eating to the pot and you officially have a mess. After breaking my wrist last March, my weight ballooned as high as 218. But thru boot camp and a great deal of perseverance- I have managed to lose 18 and a lot of body fat. This week I'm hoping to finally drop out of the 200's and continue my transition downward. Hard work and persistance pays off- you just have to keep pushing... yourself.

Aside, from that... no news in the hair area. The tangle teezer seduced Thelma and she has been sleeping every since. In the meantime, I have been looking for my next excuse to use it!

CONGRATULATIONS! Your weight loss is awesome and very admirable. Girl, reading your story is like reading mine. I had done WW and lost 60 lbs before I found out I had an ovarian cyst (also non cancerous)and had to have it removed and have not been able to do anything about this weight. I also have menopausal symptoms. There are days, in all this cold weather, where I can go without a coat because I feel warm (hot flashes I guess). I've always struggled with my weight so I just figured it was related to my genetics and never ever thought for a chance it could possibly be related to my health issues. I plan to talk w/my doctor about that. I have an appointment with an RD soon so I'm hoping that will help me get on the right track and fight these pounds. Keep up your great work and good luck with the 5K.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2011, 4:38 pm

Hi Poetic

I'm just as excited as you are about you hitting under the 200 mark!! Stay focused and you can do it!!

BTW...you are looking good girl!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Empty Hair on Cashmere Curls

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 1:06 am

Hey ladies! It's Sunday and I should be preparing for work but I'm working on a late afternoon coffee high so I thought I'd post some pics, update on hair, etc.

So, I won a bottle of cashmere curls by CURLS. I received it in the mail and decided to use it. Now, I didn't use it according to instructions as I felt they were a little vague. So, after the gym I rinsed my hair and added some before twisting my hair back up. On Friday, I woke up to moisturized but frizzy curls since they didn't dry over night. But I twisted it back up on Friday night and sprayed with a little water, condish, oil mix. Left them in most of Saturday and when I took it down, I had GREAT hair. It was moisturized, and elongated, much like I normally get with a braid out. Here are pics:

This one is a little blurry but shows my whole head:
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1710

A little closer
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1711

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1712

Not bad, right? I'm going to try it again tomorrow after I co-wash. I'll update you later this week!

And now a flashback to MLK day! My hair was looking pretty good that day too. This is my team. I wore no make up that day.
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1713

and the drum line that performed. They were cute!
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1610

and the marchers getting served refreshments before departure...
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Dsc_1611

Well, that's it. Time for me to get ready to the a.m.! Have a great nite curlies!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 31st January 2011, 1:52 am

Gorgeous hair! Are you still loving the tangle teezer? After seeing so many great reviews on CN, I suggested it to the godchildren's mommy and she was amazed. The girls have two different hair textures and it glided through both of them...much to the relief of their mom. Hair time at the house is an EVENT. Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st January 2011, 2:01 am

i saw your avi and came running. my goodness, your hair is growing out nicely. nice avi cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 2:16 am

cyclingchick wrote:Gorgeous hair! Are you still loving the tangle teezer? After seeing so many great reviews on CN, I suggested it to the godchildren's mommy and she was amazed. The girls have two different hair textures and it glided through both of them...much to the relief of their mom. Hair time at the house is an EVENT. Laughing
Hey Cycling! Thanks dear and YES!!! Love the tangle teezer! It puts up with my rough detangling. Makes me take it easy. It's like a PERSON that scolds me and makes me do it the right way!
Intelligentbeauty wrote:i saw your avi and came running. my goodness, your hair is growing out nicely. nice avi cheers
Hey IB! Thanks hon and you know I love your avi too!! Thelma is growing! Even I'm amazed! It usually takes a braid out to show my hair growth but the twists are doing just fine these days.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st January 2011, 5:47 pm

Hey lady! I see and Thelma still showing out.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st January 2011, 6:07 pm

Love the new avi! I'm like you and I'm rough with detangling (too busy trying to rush through it) so the tangle teezer has definitely saved some hair for me (lol)! Also congratulations on the weight loss, you'll make your goal before you know it. Now I need to go and check out your new poem.

Last edited by krazy coils on 31st January 2011, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 31st January 2011, 6:59 pm

Love the new avi! Your hair is looking great and the makeup is sooo pretty!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2011, 7:18 pm

I saw this pic on FB absolutely beautiful!

Your story..is mine...I keep falling off track..but I must get it together! thanks for sharing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd February 2011, 4:57 pm

SheeTacular wrote:Hey lady! I see and Thelma still showing out.
Shee! Where ya been?! I need to come check up on your thread! Thanks!

krazy coils wrote:Love the new avi! I'm like you and I'm rough with detangling (too busy trying to rush through it) so the tangle teezer has definitely saved some hair for me (lol)! Also congratulations on the weight loss, you'll make your goal before you know it. Now I need to go and check out your new poem.
@KC - thanks girl. Yeah, I'm a rough rider when it comes to detangling! Arf! Arf! LOL! Moving forward with fitness girl. Thanks so much. I'm really, really going after it, even on the days when I don't wanna (waaa!). Hope you enjoyed the poem.

jlowman1 wrote:Love the new avi! Your hair is looking great and the makeup is sooo pretty!
Thanks Jlowman! I decided to step it up a little here lately. Everyone is inspiring me- including yourself!

sweetdrk1 wrote:I saw this pic on FB absolutely beautiful!

Your story..is mine...I keep falling off track..but I must get it together! thanks for sharing!
Hey Sweet! Thanks my sista! Yeah girl. Trying to push beyond the revolving door of fitness. I want to get there- and stay there!

How is everyone? Staying warm? We had some of those thunder-snows last night! Not fun! Lots of wind, ice and tree branches for the morning drive in. Yay! NOT.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Empty pic from June 2010 to present!

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd February 2011, 5:15 pm

One more thing! I thought this was something fun to do for my own purposes but I decided to compare a pic I took of my self back when I first got my camera (June, 2010) and myself with my camera today. It's kind of fun to see (1)the growth of my hair, (2) the improvement of my twist outs and (3) even a glimpse of the weight I've lost. cheers

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 26 Lynnem10
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 2nd February 2011, 9:04 pm

Awesome! You and the 'do look great! cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd February 2011, 9:06 pm

Great comparison pic! I can definitely see the hair growth and the weight loss! And your twist outs always looked good Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2011, 9:57 pm

Awesome comparison pic and nice camera!! I also see the evolution of your twist out, weight lost and growth!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 2nd February 2011, 10:43 pm

Thanks ladies!!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2011, 8:54 am

Hey Pretty Lady...

Great comparison pictures, and awesome camera. Look at you!! Looking good and as aways your twists are just beautiful! I'm excited about your weight loss!! Keep up you are doing a great job!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th February 2011, 12:04 am

Hey KNH! Thanks! It's always fun to look back and see progress. I'm coming up on 2 years since my bc! Thinking... to color or not to color! I've been on the fence for the entire 2 years!

And oh! I am keeping it up. With this boot camp I'm in- there is no choice! No
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next