CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by tamtam7 31st December 2010, 11:13 am

You have gorgeous hair! I loooove your WNGs.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by CrissyQ 31st December 2010, 11:39 am

You are such a cutie. Love the avi. OK I want your hair, it is looking great.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st December 2010, 4:11 pm

Love the new avi and I hope you have a Happy New Year!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd January 2011, 2:34 am

Hey Poetic....

I know what you mean...I'm like the boyfriend that becomes MIA during the holidays. I haven't given my CSJ, FB nor my blog the required attention. When I get home (which has been late at night) I just want to go straight to bed!!

Congratulation and happy belated anniversary!! You and your girlfriends look like you were having, or getting ready to have a great time!!

Love, Love that picture of you on your anniversary. The camera loves you, and you are beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by and checking on me!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd January 2011, 3:03 pm

I had to rush over and say, LOVE THE AVI! Happy Anniversary, too!

And, I swear we must be twins for real...I have a tattoo in that same spot on my arm! LMAO

OK...now what are you twisting with (besides the Aveda)? I need to get some of that...I love your hair.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 Empty Catching up with pics- hey ladies!

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th January 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi there curlies! It's been several weeks since I've posted here but I still lurk, visit and post on threads from time to time. I have been pretty busy for the last few weeks with just... life. I tend to be on FB more than here. I think mostly because I've settled into my hair like an old relationship. We still love, argue, get deep with each other and at the end of the day decide on a movie instead of a night at the club. See?? we're old. LOL! Anyway, I haven't been taking pics of my hair but other people have taken pics of me. I attended a party on New Years day and ran into a blogger we see sometimes on CN- Miss Curly Hair Chick (I think that's her blog name). To me she is Miss T.G. and a pretty cool person. There were several curlies at the party and it was fun to vibe and share hair stories with them. Thelma was really big that night and I wasn't sure I was digging her but looking back at the pictures- she was looking pretty good!

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 16893010

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 16452810

In other news, I've rejoined boot camp and restarted my fitness quest to lose the holidady weight and several more. Since the first week of January I've lost 4-5 lbs and I'm quite happy about it. I plan on losing another 6 by the end of the month but another 15 by end of February. High goals but I believe they can be achieved.

I also decided to finally start updating my blog again. I had the to nerve make not one, but two posts. And I felt quite good about it when I was done. So, check me out if you haven't already. Your feed back is welcome too! http://girlswithglassesrock.blogspot.com/

poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 16th January 2011, 10:47 pm

Your hair is fabulous...one day, one day!

Good Luck on your fitness quest...kudos for kicking things up a notch and I think those are great goals. Off to visit your blog Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th January 2011, 9:37 am

Hey Girl,

Your hair is looking gorgeous and congratulations on the weight loss!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 17th January 2011, 10:23 am

Hey! Congrats on the weight loss. I love your hair. I'm sure I missed this but how did you come up with the name Thelma for your hair? Also, I love your blog...I totally agree that girls with glasses rock! I will be saving your blog to my favorites.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th January 2011, 10:31 am

You look fab! Contests on the weight loss! Lol at you and your hair being an old couple! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th January 2011, 10:43 am

Hey, you and cyclingchick look like sister. Your hair is gaw-geous, your smile is too. Congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work. I like how you descibe your relationship with your hair, funny.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th January 2011, 5:56 pm

You know I see what CrissyQ is talking about. You and Cyclingchick favor. I think it's the dimples!!!

You look so beautiful on those pictures!!! Thelma was rock girl!!! I love how you describe your relationship with Thelma.....so true and this is still the early stages!!! LOL

I miss you around here, but I know where to find you when I need someone to watch a show with me!!! FB BABY!!!!

Well I'm out...see on FB Tuesday night @ 9pm central time!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 12:31 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Your hair is fabulous...one day, one day!

Good Luck on your fitness quest...kudos for kicking things up a notch and I think those are great goals. Off to visit your blog Smile
Cyclingchick- thanks girl! Yours is on the way too! Someone said we look like sisters and I had to go back and look. I think it's the smile! Yours is beautiful too! Wink Thanks for visiting my blog too! I'm going to post something about working out soon. How's your quest going?

krazy coils wrote:Hey Girl,

Your hair is looking gorgeous and congratulations on the weight loss!
Hey KC- Thanks my friend. I've been loving your avi's lately!

tamtam7 wrote:Hey! Congrats on the weight loss. I love your hair. I'm sure I missed this but how did you come up with the name Thelma for your hair? Also, I love your blog...I totally agree that girls with glasses rock! I will be saving your blog to my favorites.
Hi Tamtam7! Thanks and thanks! Thelma... I didn't have a name but I saw everyone on CN had one. So I named my hair Thelma after watching Good Times. Thelma's hair always looked pretty and I felt returning to my roots was a throwback to a different time in my life, just like Good Times. Hence- Thelma! Smile Thanks for checking out my blog too!

sweetdrk1 wrote:You look fab! Contests on the weight loss! Lol at you and your hair being an old couple! I love it!
Thanks Sweet!

CrissyQ wrote:Hey, you and cyclingchick look like sister. Your hair is gaw-geous, your smile is too. Congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work. I like how you descibe your relationship with your hair, funny.
Hey Crissy, THANKS! You know I had to go back and look to see if CC and I resemble. I always look when people say that because I was adopted and I have a habit of looking for a resemblance when people say someone looks like me. lol! Thanks girl, I am keeping up the "work", cause that's what it is! Me and Thelma...Yeah... We're comfortable with each these days. LOL

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:You know I see what CrissyQ is talking about. You and Cyclingchick favor. I think it's the dimples!!!

You look so beautiful on those pictures!!! Thelma was rock girl!!! I love how you describe your relationship with Thelma.....so true and this is still the early stages!!! LOL

I miss you around here, but I know where to find you when I need someone to watch a show with me!!! FB BABY!!!!

Well I'm out...see on FB Tuesday night @ 9pm central time!! LOL

Hey KNH! Well, I certainly will "SEE" you on FB tonight while the Game is on. I'm excited! I need to post on FB today one of my favorite quotes from the show... I see the resemblance between CC and me too and I agree- it's the smile. Thanks girl for the compliments. When Thelma behaves... she really does. It's hard to believe that I've been natural for a mere 21 months this weekend. And we've been thru a lot!

I'm going to start to be here more. Going to post about my own hair once a week and just continue to visit others randomly thru the week. I want to focus more on my blog and other projects but I also love this forum! So I might just take leaves of absence from week to week going forward. We'll see!

Anyway- your AVI is the bomb and I'm about to go see what's up. In the meantime, see you at 9! LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th January 2011, 3:48 pm

Hey Poetic!

Thelma is lookin good! :-)

I'm a regular of your blog...I just don't chime in. I, too, gotta get my onliine communications straight. dance
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2011, 4:07 pm

I came to see pics from the march. I will come back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 25 Empty I won a bottle of Cashmere Curls (by Curls)

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th January 2011, 12:19 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Poetic!

Thelma is lookin good! :-)

I'm a regular of your blog...I just don't chime in. I, too, gotta get my onliine communications straight. dance
Hey Ryl! Thanks girlfriend! I need to post something new this week. I'm trying to do better at reading blogs more regularly myself!

sweetdrk1 wrote:I came to see pics from the march. I will come back!
Hey Sweet- I will post pics from the march tonight. They are mostly pics of me and my team out helping serve!

In other news.... I WON a contest yesterday to win a free product from Curls. It's called Cashmere Curls and the contest was on Facebook. You had to complete the statement-- "My curls can..." And I answered-- "My curls can impress the worst skeptic when at their best. Just imagine what they'll do under a Cashmere caress!"... LOL! The poet in me just comes out whenever and reading back it seems corny but the truth is- my curls impress every natural hair skeptic I encounter... even when NOT at their best. I think that is an impact we ALL have! So anyway, I'm pretty pleased and patiently awaiting my package in the mail. Yippee!

This week has flown by! We're getting a lot of snow today which is a bummer because today is my favorite boot camp workout day- hip hop fitness... The snow may cause a problem! Boo!

In hair news- I have been using kinky curly again. I have had it sitting in my product bin (lol!) since the warmer months of wngs. I stopped using it for wngs because I hated the shrinkage. I mean my hair is decently long now but the shrinkage made it look about 3-4 inches long. Ugh! Hated-it!!! (Living Color/Blaine and Antoine Merriweather Style)... So anyway, I may have mentioned previously that I had the genius idea to use it for twist outs. I know it's not original, but original to me. I decided to do this because I have been working out like CRAZY, 6 days a week and my hair and previous products are not having a great time. I wanted to be able to refresh my twists easily after sweating enough to soak my entire head! I needed something that would reactivate when wet- not punk out. Hence, the rediscovery of my jar of kinky curly custard! That has been the best decision since working out began. After working out, I just come home- wet it and retwist, add some KBN butter to my ends and the next day it looks just as nice and shiny as it did on the first day. The KBN butter and the kccc are playing very well together! The only con is there is some shrinkage but only a little AND I'm actually ok with it. I've found my workout regimen and pleased as punch about it! Laughing

Well, that's my Thursday report! Hope everyone is having a great day!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 1:06 pm

Hi Lynne,
First let me say, "Happy Anniversary" to you and hubby. Yes it is a lot of work. It kind of reminds me of my natural hair journey so far. Just when you settle into a comfortable familiar routine, something happens and you have to change up the game and refocus on the basics.
Congrats on your win and weight loss. Although you had a rough patch with your hair back in Dec., it looks fabulous now. So can you tell me your routine for retwisting nightly? I want to do retwist at night ,but I'm afraid that I'll loose too much hair.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st January 2011, 3:10 pm

Hey FM4! Thanks dear! We're at 9 years and moving forward. I'm grateful for him. LOL! I compare my journey with my hair to relationships all the time. I SO agree- you get comfortable and then you're shaken from that zone when growth or setbacks show up.

In terms of retwisting- when I do my hair the first time, I put in about 20 plaits. When I retwist- I do as few as possible- half that or less. Nothing too serious... it's not cute... but it works! I've been retwisting all along and managing to retain my length. I don't lose a lot of hair although this is shedding season for me. Planning to henna this weekend, as soon as I find some cinnamom sticks to enhance the red.

that's about it. thanks for coming by!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 21st January 2011, 5:34 pm

Hey Lady!

OK...now, how do you use these here cinnamon sticks? I'd like to try it to "up" my red. LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st January 2011, 6:08 pm

Hey Ryl- I've never done it... but I am going to boil them in water, add my hibiscus flower tea and use that for my henna!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 21st January 2011, 6:15 pm

OK...so, like a cinnamon tea instead of plain water to mix the henna. Got it! LOL

I can't wait to see your results.

Now...I gotta find me some cinnamon sticks! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2011, 6:26 pm

Hope you get the red you desire with the hibiscus tea & cinnamon sticks. If nothing else, it should help with the smell of henna.

LOL @ comment re: Living Color! I love that show. I watch repeats sometimes.

Your avatar makes me smile Smile .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st January 2011, 7:11 pm

Hey Ryl and Chrs! Smile
I used hibiscus the last time and it made my gray a nice reddish/orange color. I like it a lot. I'll have to try and take a picture of it. I thought I was going to have to wait until tomorrow but I might get to do my henna tonight with the cancelling of plans for the evening!

@Chrs- thanks! Smiles are contagious! I love to use mine!

Oh! and In Living Color is a classic show! I always find one to laugh at late at night when nothing else is on. Plus I love Cephus and Reesie!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st January 2011, 7:38 pm

You guys are showing out with this henna, I am so scared of it! Good luck and i cant wait to see the results.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 11:18 am

Hey ladies! So I got the renowned Tangle Teezer after shout outs from KC, Priceless, KNH, JLo and let me tell you- it IS that deal! Now a sista was flo-jo-ing it trying to get on the last 2 days. Jumping hurdles to grab one only to find others had beat me to it and then finally finding it at a Sally's near my job. When I walked in they only had 3-4 left. I mean dang! Everyone is on it! They had them in hot pink and only one left in black. I went with the black. Black power. LOL! Anyway, of course I HAD to use it... On the way back to work in the car, I kept trying to find random but discreet strands to comb with it. After KNH said she used it on dry hair, I had to copy, right? It felt... easy... much to my surprise. So, I worked out as usual (ZUMBA) and then went home to wash my hair with my curls shampoo, loaded up with hehh and sat down to detangle while dripping wet. Let me tell you, from the first run thru- I was in love. IN LOVE I tell you!! That doodad sliced thru my hair like butter. Better than that darned expensive Ouidad comb I purchased. Handled Thelma like it was nothing and it had bigger fish to fry and better things to do later. Thelma (not me) looked at my TT like- who ARE you? LOL! But for real- the tangle teezer is the bomb. Period.

Ok... as you were. Have a great Wednesday! Hump day.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next