CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good hair products for 4c type hair

+4
FAMUdani
Lilith_Eve
LaToya28
Songwriter88
8 posters

Go down

Good hair products for 4c type hair Empty Good hair products for 4c type hair

Post by Songwriter88 17th March 2010, 4:43 pm

I am looking for good products that I can use on my hair type. I just started about a month ago so I am fairly new to this. Some parts of my hair is relaxed and the rest is natural (due to the poor job I did with putting in a perm after 6 months of having my hair braided). The products that I am using now is Jojboa oil, and Cantu Shea butter and a shampoo by Cantu. I have Creme of Nature deep conditioner. Any other products that anyone could recommend will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Good hair products for 4c type hair Empty Re: Good hair products for 4c type hair

Post by LaToya28 17th March 2010, 9:44 pm

You might like Giovanni products. The conditioners are really good and you can find them at WalMart and Target.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Good hair products for 4c type hair Empty Re: Good hair products for 4c type hair

Post by Lilith_Eve 17th March 2010, 9:53 pm

I agree with LaToya28 about the Giovanni products. I started using their Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner when I began transitioning (really itchy and flaky scalp). Now that I'm completely natural I like them even better! I'm going to keep an eye on this thread though.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 18th March 2010, 9:55 am

Thank you both, I will look into those products Smile
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by FAMUdani 18th March 2010, 2:41 pm

-I like Jane Carter, BUT she can b pretty pricey.
-Carol's Daughter which they now sell at Tjmaxx
-o and dont forget good ole shea butter str8 from the motha land or from the africans at $5 a pop[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FAMUdani

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 18th March 2010, 11:15 pm

Lol... Okay I have a quick question, for the shea butter. I have been using Cantu Shea Butter is that good or should I use the raw shea butter?
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 21st March 2010, 1:23 pm

The Cantu Shea Butter is loaded with silicones, I'd leave it alone.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnlaugh09 23rd March 2010, 7:37 pm

I feel that raw shea butter is the best. I used cantu once and my hair felt kinda hard and rough, I hated it! but it could just be my hair. with the raw shea you can warm it up to an oil and apply to hair and you hair will be very soft and managable

luvnlaugh09

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee 24th March 2010, 5:31 am

I found reviews on using raw/unrefined Shea Butter when I started transitioning. I love it and use it on a regular basis for hair and body. It's a great moisturizer. Sometimes I use it right out of the container or I'll whip it up with some of my favorite oils (evoo, organic coconut and castor oils). I get mine at Butter-n-Bars' website.

And...I also LOOOVE the Giovanni Products. Right now I'm using the Smooth as Silk Shampoo & Conditioner and Direct Leave-In. They're at Wal-mart, Target and Natural food/vitamin stores.
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 24th March 2010, 10:18 am

Okay thanks alot I have been hearing alot of great things about Giovanni products. Where would I get the unrefined Shea butter from?
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 25th March 2010, 2:25 pm

Unrefined shea butter should be found in the African stores or similar places in your neighborhood. If you can't find it there, you may order it from ButterQueen at http://butters-n-bars.com/unrefinedsheabutter.html

If you decide to order from Sharika (aka ButterQueen
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), don't forget to include your code "curlynikki" at checkout for an additional 10% off your order as a member of The Curly Nikki forum.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 13th April 2010, 4:55 pm

Oh wow thanks that website is a good one...I will be purchasing somethings off of there
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down