CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Products to Use on Type 4a

+4
ciara89
laleepop14
Naturally Esq
HappyNaps
8 posters

Go down

Best Products to Use on Type 4a  Empty Best Products to Use on Type 4a

Post by HappyNaps 22nd August 2010, 4:10 am

I just want a list of products that would keep my hair moisturized and soft. I wanna know the best for detangling, washing, styling and everything in between. Laughing

thanx for the helpPeace flower
HappyNaps
HappyNaps

Back to top Go down

Best Products to Use on Type 4a  Empty Re: Best Products to Use on Type 4a

Post by Naturally Esq 22nd August 2010, 9:46 am

Everyone's hair is different, so "the best products" will be determined by what works for you.

My hair is 4a/b fine texture and loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.

Be sure to balance the moisture and protein in your hair products. Here is the link to a great article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 24th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Im a 4b/4c on the thicker side and I also LOVE Giovanni's products as well. I am still faily new to this, so just experimenting to see what works best for my hair, but I always seem to go back to Giovanni, especially their Direct Leave-in
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 25th August 2010, 5:14 pm

The products I use for my hair which is a mixture of 4a/b is the whole SheaMoisture line, and I hav moisturize in the morning my spray bottle of aloe vera gel coconut oil and water. and that has helped my hair alot.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by mssassy 26th August 2010, 12:18 am

I love Shea Butter and Coconut Oil. I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle as a conditioner and detangles well. Kinky Curly's Knot Today does well for detangling. I blend shea, coconut, and grapeseed to put on everyday for moisture
mssassy
mssassy

http://naturalhairbymssassy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 31st August 2010, 11:01 pm

I have 4A hair and some 3c in the back. I'm newly natural (BCed on 8/13), so I am in no way an expert, but I have not had a day of dryness, even after I put a Jazzing rinse in my hair last week, so I figured I could share what I'm doing because either I have super-hair or what I'm doing is working.

I wash once a week. I'm using a mix of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap and VO5 Lime Clarifying Conditioner as my shampoo. I only use about a capful of the Dr. Bronner's.

Next I cowash behind that wash. I detangle at this point. I find that Yes to Cucumbers has the best slip but I also like HEHH and White Rain Tropical Coconut.

I DC with ORS Replenishing Pak. (Love it).

Next comes the leave-in conditioner. I use Giovanni Direct-Leave-In.

I seal with coconut oil and some castor oil sometimes. Mostly coconut.

Then I use a moisturizer. (I may have the order wrong on sealing first, but this is what I'm doing.) I haven't found the right moisturizer yet, but right now I'm using Soft and Free Gro Healthy Strengthening Creme. I use alot of this by the way. Afterward I put my hair in about ten twist and then I put a plastic cap over my head and go to bed. (Note: I'm still looking for something else. I don't like the smell of this.)

The next morning I untwist my hair and wet with my spray bottle liquid and style.

I've been doing wash n' go's. I style with gel. I love Herbal Essence Set Me Up Gel. My curls are great. It doesn't dry my hair out at all and my hair is only a little crunchy (and not terribly crunchy) on the first day.

I refresh in the mornings with a little of my spray bottle and Shea Moisture Curl and Styling Millk and ORS Nature's Shine spray. (Love it).

My spray bottle - Aloe Vera Juice, glycerin, rosemary oil (a few drops as a perservative), a little Jojoba oil and water. It's about 1/3 of each on the aloe vera, glycerin and water.

I also use a little coconut oil and shea butter at night before I put my satin cap on. I just use maybe a dime size amount of shea and about the same of coconut oil and rub them together in my hands and then coat my hair with it.

What do I think is working? It could be the combination of all that I'm doing, in particular being product heavy. If I had to go with my gut on the one thing that might be working, I'd say the spray bottle and the shea/coconut oil at night. I haven't really experimented with using less product or trying anything new because it's been a hectic few weeks, I've been out promoting my new book alot and I needed to not have a bad hair day. Things are slowing down a bit so I have time to maybe play with it some more, but I don't know. It ain't broke, so I might not try to break it.

Last edited by Renny on 31st August 2010, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and some content.)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd October 2010, 2:45 pm

Hey Happy Naps (love the name)! :-)

I'm really not too sure, but I believe my hair is 4a, with 3c tendencies! LOL

So...I agree with those using Shea Moisture products...especially the Conditioning Milk (as a leave-in/daily moisturizer) and the Curl Enhancing Smooothie (for twisting/daily moisturizer in a pinch). To "refresh" curls for a second day, I use Curls Lavish Curls Moisturizer--I love this stuff. It doesn't "frizz up" your hair and the curls are refreshed! ;-) Be sure to spray this in your hand and rub into your hair...the nozzle is raggedy! ;-) Each of these product lines are available at Target...no shipping costs.

HTH

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd October 2010, 6:45 pm

I am 4a/b and i also love the shea moisture line!!!

I use the restorative conditioner to co wash
I DC with the deep treatment masque
shampoo with the curl and shine shampoo
and moisturize with the the shine and hold moisture mist or curl enhancing smoothie

i also the kinky curly line:
I use KCKT as a leave in (I LOVE THAT STUFF)
and KCCC as a gel
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down