CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also?

+4
Ekaette
moonchild
fanmnatirel
illybillybay
8 posters

Go down

anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also? Empty anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also?

Post by illybillybay 19th September 2010, 1:04 pm

I just would like to see how you guys's hair turned out trying Teri LaFlesh's method of defining curls. I sorta tried it without a denman but it turned out pretty good I think Smile
illybillybay
illybillybay

Back to top Go down

anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also? Empty Re: anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also?

Post by fanmnatirel 19th September 2010, 2:10 pm

I have 4c hair and no product or method in this world can define my non existent curls....

The only way for me to have some kind of definition is to do a twist out.
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also? Empty Re: anyone with 4a/b/c's type hair that tried teri's method? type 3's that have tried this also?

Post by moonchild 19th September 2010, 4:15 pm

Can you describe what it is?

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 19th September 2010, 5:30 pm

Massive fail on my hair too for the same reason as fanmnatirel
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 19th September 2010, 10:16 pm

that is me also...the only definition i get on my 4b hair is through a twist out.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 1:01 pm

I have tried it. I liked the results. I tried it last year. I can try to add pictures later tonight or tomorrow. I would describe my hair as an "S-shape" to coily/spring-shaped with normal to low porosity, dense & normal to low elasticity.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th September 2010, 1:36 pm

I have tried it (I'm a 3c/4a mix), but it only looks right when I pull it up into a puff/ponytail. My hair is too thick/puffy to have it out with just conditioner as a hold/styling product. Also, at the front of my hair the right side has a tighter curl than the left, so it looks uneven if I just let it hang and wear it out. I do use conditioner as a styling product for twist/braid outs, but I'll also add my shea butter/coconut oil mixture, olive oil, and sometimes ecostyler gel.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by illybillybay 20th September 2010, 6:45 pm

moonchild- its when you wash your hair then you put conditioner in it and comb with a denman then define ur curls by separating I suppose the curls that have formed. ->tightlycurly.com

chrslvbks- please do! Very Happy

bajanprincess-o does using ecostyler gel help really emphasize the curl?

awww well I'll keep trying it until I find a solution that looks amazing on 4ish type hair!
and chrslvbks your default hair is veryyy pretty!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
illybillybay
illybillybay

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th September 2010, 11:02 pm

The gel adds hold and some shine. I use it to twist or braid for a twist/braid out.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by illybillybay 23rd September 2010, 5:48 pm

o thank you I must look into Smile
illybillybay
illybillybay

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 24th September 2010, 12:39 pm

I tried her method a couple of days ago actually with Hello Hydration conditioner and really liked it. It really locked in my curls and I am sporting 3rd day hair. The only thing I did differently is seal with coconut oil because with the HH it just made my hair dull. With the oil my hair got its sheen back.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by illybillybay 25th September 2010, 1:20 pm

oh thnks I thought that when I tried this the conditioner flaked and made my hair look dandruff filled
illybillybay
illybillybay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down