CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these products good for my hair?

3 posters

Go down

Are these products good for my hair? Empty Are these products good for my hair?

Post by photobscura 14th January 2010, 8:14 pm

Hello, my name is Katrina and this year I've decided to transition into wearing my natural hair. I know that one of the things of going natural is learning your own hair and finding what products work for your hair, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a few ideas?

I'm learning how to take care of my hair and I think I'm getting the idea of it. My hair type is 4b and I need help on determining what products to get. Also is leave in conditioner the same thing as a moisturizer?

So here are the products I'm planing to start with and for what purpose:
Jessicurl for my once of week deep conditioner.
Kinky curl custard to maintain my curls.
Knot Today to help detangle my hair as a leave in conditioner and for co-washing.

Does anyone know a good daily moisturizer? Or if these are good products to use. Again, I know that everyone's different and have to find the products that work for their own hair, but I was just hoping maybe my 4b peers might be able to shine some light one products that worked good for them and if these products helped them out.

Also, how often are you suppose to wash your hair?

Take care!

Last edited by photobscura on 14th January 2010, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Are these products good for my hair? Empty Re: Are these products good for my hair?

Post by cutephantasm 14th January 2010, 8:28 pm

i am 4a/4b with fine strands....my daily moisturizer is usually my spray bottle of water, glycerin and HEHH followed by sealing with either sheabutter/preppermint mix (I put the peppermint oil in mainly for the smell!) or coconut oil
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Are these products good for my hair? Empty Re: Are these products good for my hair?

Post by photobscura 14th January 2010, 8:30 pm

cutephantasm wrote:i am 4a/4b with fine strands....my daily moisturizer is usually my spray bottle of water, glycerin and HEHH followed by sealing with either sheabutter/preppermint mix (I put the peppermint oil in mainly for the smell!) or coconut oil

What is HEHH? Where do you get glycerin? How do you seal your hair?
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 15th January 2010, 12:26 am

HEHH= Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. You could usually find glycerin at health food store or sometimes in the lotion isle of your local drugstore (cvs, walgreens)
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 15th January 2010, 3:51 pm

to seal, after i put in my moisturizer, i just add a bit of oil over it

i found glycerin @ my local beauty supply store
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down