CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good products for color-treated hair??

+2
mstokes2008
curlista
6 posters

Go down

good products for color-treated hair?? Empty good products for color-treated hair??

Post by curlista 15th August 2010, 4:16 pm

This past Friday I got highlights and I'm looking for products for my "new" hair when it comes time to wash it. I've heard of Eco Styler gel (the blue kind) is for color treated hair but they don't sell it at the drugstore closest to me. They only have the pink one, krystal clear, and black protein gel. The shampoo i use right now is Suave Naturals Almond and Shea, can that be used on color treated hair?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

good products for color-treated hair?? Empty Re: good products for color-treated hair??

Post by mstokes2008 15th August 2010, 4:21 pm

Check out the Yes to Cucumbers stuff. I love love the conditioner. And in addition to the Leave In I've never seen my color brighter!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

good products for color-treated hair?? Empty Re: good products for color-treated hair??

Post by curlista 15th August 2010, 4:48 pm

Do you like the shampoo as well?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 15th August 2010, 5:20 pm

I haven't tried it yet. But I'm considering it because of how much I love the other two
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 15th August 2010, 5:51 pm

O ok, well do you have any suggestions of a good shampoo for color treated hair?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 15th August 2010, 6:03 pm

sadly no Sad I'm still searching for a shampoo that is sulfate free and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 15th August 2010, 8:33 pm

Curls Curlicious Cleansing Cream
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 15th August 2010, 10:02 pm

Is that expensive? I forgot to mention I'm a college student so I'm looking for cheap options lol.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 16th August 2010, 1:25 am

I use the herbal essence color me happy conditioner mixed with the hello hydration =) it works well for me
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 16th August 2010, 1:41 pm

I had the same concerns when i first colred. Someone on here suggested the L'Oreal Everpure line. They are sulfate free and there is one that is for color treated hair. The shampoo works great, im not crazy about the conditioner. instead use Yes to cucumbers. It has AMAZING slip.

HTH
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 16th August 2010, 2:50 pm

CiaE- thanks for the suggestion...i used the he conditioners in the past and i like them but I'm not a fan of the coated feeling i get when i rinse them.

ellecentric- thanks for your help....i like that combo i think i'll try it. i've heard a lot of good things about the yes to cucumbers so i guess this is my chance lol.

curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayGotKinks 23rd October 2010, 4:43 pm

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I just got my hair colored yesterday and was so unsure about finding good products to use.

I too, like curlista, have been using the Suave Naturals (and loving it!) but if the Yes to Cucumbers is as good as it sounds, I'm willing to give it a try.
ShayGotKinks
ShayGotKinks

http://alloveshaygore.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th October 2010, 6:52 pm

ShayGotKinks: So far, I have enjoyed the Yes to Cucumbers. The consistency is very creamy, the smell isn't great though :-/ but I only use it for rinsing. Also, I purchased the Loreal Sulfate-Free Color Safe shampoo or whatever and it works nicely. It seems a little drying sometimes though. It smells like rosemary & mint.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayGotKinks 24th October 2010, 10:02 pm

I posted a reply and somehow I accidentally deleted it.

So on a quick errand trip to Target today, I let my curiosity get the best of me and the PJ in me decided to pick up Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo to try. It's also sulfate-free, and it says that it's safe for color-treated hair, though I noticed that it does have a --cone in it. I've seen that it has gotten mixed reviews from other curlies in the world, and I'm hoping it's not too dry to serve its purpose.

As far as conditioner, I haven't ventured to buying a new one. I'm going to use my Suave Naturals (Almond and Shea butter) for a while since I basically have a whole bottle. Hopefully it won't be too damaging.

I hope this search for products doesn't get too expensive... Neutral
ShayGotKinks
ShayGotKinks

http://alloveshaygore.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down