CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Joys of Transitioning

+11
kitkat
kdenise
Peachtree
marbar1908
neethair
HAMPTONSFNST
curLEIGH
natural_nance
TiffNotANY
Butterfly126
Muz
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Joys of Transitioning - Page 2 Empty Re: The Joys of Transitioning

Post by Kell_with_the_Curls 19th April 2010, 2:19 pm

Hi ladies!

Muz your hair is beautiful. I am about 6.5 half months from my last relaxer. My hair wasn't super long to begin with, and after having a sew-in removed and a trim, I have about 3-4 inches of natural hair (more in some spots) and about the same in relaxed hair.

So, here's my question: do you HAVE to BC...and why or why not? My plan is to continue to get trims (2-3") until it's all gone. I may get more comfortable with the idea of a BC as time progresses, but I wouldn't bet on it!

Thanks!

Last edited by Kell_with_the_Curls on 19th April 2010, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

Kell_with_the_Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th April 2010, 3:15 pm

No, you don't have to BC, my mom didn't BC, she just started twisting her hair one day and kept trimming the ends until the permed ends were gone. I was going to do that, but I started to get impatient, so I changed my mind and decided to BC after a year.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell_with_the_Curls 19th April 2010, 4:45 pm

Okay so after attempting my first mostly natural roller set, I see why folks BC!!! Hot mess doesn't BEGIN to describe my hair!! I have now dampened my hair with a water, jojoba, leave-in spritz and am hoping to fix this with a TnC. I have class at 6 and need to leave by 5. I hoping this won't be a ball cap kind of day.

My natural hair is lovely and soft, the relaxed hair...not so much. Rubbery, dry mess!

Kell_with_the_Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2