CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 7:52 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Tia...I really like your avatar. Very nice picture. You know I bought aloe vera gel from whole foods and it was way thick. I just figured that she meant juice not gel... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Nope, that is the one I have. I thought the same thing when I opened it. But it works great. I love it. I don't even want to try the juice now, LOL.
I may try the juice this summer when I just need a light spray.

ok I am ear hustling.what do you do with the Aloe Vera gel?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by tiashaunteé 1st March 2010, 7:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Tia...I really like your avatar. Very nice picture. You know I bought aloe vera gel from whole foods and it was way thick. I just figured that she meant juice not gel... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Nope, that is the one I have. I thought the same thing when I opened it. But it works great. I love it. I don't even want to try the juice now, LOL.
I may try the juice this summer when I just need a light spray.

ok I am ear hustling.what do you do with the Aloe Vera gel?

Make aloe gro/spray/treatment/spritz- whatever you want to call it....... http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2009/11/aloe-gro-treatment.html
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 1st March 2010, 8:58 pm

I heard the juice doesn't really do the same thing as the gel.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 12:09 am

TIA, You look like a beautiful naturalista in your new avatar. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_queen
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 2nd March 2010, 2:26 am

i am in hair love all over again lol (re: your avatar and aapd pic). your curls are absolutely beautiful and the color makes it pop even more. I don't see how you are able to wear protective styles all the time - kudos to you! I would be trying to wear my hair out all the time! lol But then again I guess that's why your hair is the way it is lol I hate catch-22s
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 10:54 am

Yes, Tia I really really love the color and the hair. You are trully working it out ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Empty Still Bunning

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd March 2010, 1:29 pm

I will admit that at first I was getting bored with bunning, but now buns have become one of my "ggo to" styles. I know this is partly because I can do them so fast now. So today I am still in the bun. I am going to do a midweek cowash tonight, bun and wear a hat tomorrow. It is supposed to snow and that means dry super cold air - BOO! No

I still have no clue what I am going to do with my hair this weekend. I might just do a fancy bun since it will STILL be cold. ugh.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 2nd March 2010, 2:06 pm

Hey girl!!
I love yyour hair also... I know you are hearing that from everyone but I really do mean it!! I tried to click on your link for how you colored your hair and it said the folder was empty... I dunno...

I have to say this one more time.... YOUR HAIR ROCKS ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_smile !!! lol I so have hair envy now.

I tried coloring my hair your color but my hair only took to my roots which sucked. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_cry
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd March 2010, 2:08 pm

curlyboricua wrote:Hey girl!!
I love yyour hair also... I know you are hearing that from everyone but I really do mean it!! I tried to click on your link for how you colored your hair and it said the folder was empty... I dunno...

I have to say this one more time.... YOUR HAIR ROCKS ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_smile !!! lol I so have hair envy now.

I tried coloring my hair your color but my hair only took to my roots which sucked. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_cry
Thank You!!!

To see the pictoral you have to have a FOTKI account and be logged on to see my photo albums
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 2nd March 2010, 2:13 pm

Okay so nevermind I went to your blog and found how you did your hair that color. :-) silly me.
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Empty March 3, 2010

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd March 2010, 11:38 am

Last night I did my second midweek co-wash since starting my "scalp experiment." I am so excited that I am going to go ahead and reveal what I have discovered about my scalp.

Most of you may recall that I mentioned experiencing extreme itching most of the winter season. Well I thought it was the result of a number of things from my conditioner to the oils I was using. Well, my brain started working Laughing and I realized that I have dry scalp just like I have dry skin in the winter. My skin gets really dry and itchy during the winter season and feels great after a warm steamy shower - and does even better if I apply shea butter while still in the steamy bathroom. My scalp always felt better after washing/co-washing. It all makes sense to me. My scalp is skin so why not act just like the rest of my skin.

So since the beginning of last week I have been moisturizing my scalp and then applying oil. Also, to increase the moisture my scalp receives I have done midweek co-washes and applied oil after co-washing. I can honestly say that the itching has decreased greatly. I am still using castor oil, its the oil I apply after moisturizing. I figure that just applying oil wasn't working because there was not any moisture present prior to oiling. So the relief I felt from doing that was short lived because it was a temporary cover up. I needed a solution. afro
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2010, 12:00 pm

this is why I love this forum, I just recently started itchin like crazy and this makes sooo much sense! Thank you soo much for sharing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 3rd March 2010, 1:02 pm

I find that if I apply the moisturizer and oil right after a co-wash and let it sit under the heat for about 20 minutes, the moisture really gets in my scalp...

I did this Sunday, and have yet to have to re-oil my scalp... but I want to get in on this Castor Oil thing!!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd March 2010, 1:08 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:I find that if I apply the moisturizer and oil right after a co-wash and let it sit under the heat for about 20 minutes, the moisture really gets in my scalp...

I did this Sunday, and have yet to have to re-oil my scalp... but I want to get in on this Castor Oil thing!!!!!

That's a great idea. I didn't even think about doing it that way.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2010, 1:23 pm

Hi Tia~

This is very interesting. I find that I only experience itching after I apply the castor oil. The thing that puzzles me is...I wore braids last summer and the only thing I put on my scalp is Wild Growth that I bought from Sally's. It does have mineral oil in it, but my hair really grew.

My question is (if you can help me) I know mineral oil is bad for our hair, but is it harmful to our scalp?

I guess I'll do some more researching... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_study
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd March 2010, 1:32 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Tia~

This is very interesting. I find that I only experience itching after I apply the castor oil. The thing that puzzles me is...I wore braids last summer and the only thing I put on my scalp is Wild Growth that I bought from Sally's. It does have mineral oil in it, but my hair really grew.

My question is (if you can help me) I know mineral oil is bad for our hair, but is it harmful to our scalp?

I guess I'll do some more researching... ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Icon_study

From what I read....mineral is like a coating on top of our skin and it prevents moisture from penetrating. I used to buy and buy baby oil and it never worked. I know now that it was because it does not penetrate it just sits on top of and disguises the ash (dryness). When I start having children I already decided that I will not be using baby oil on them either.

Other than the mineral oil, what other ingredients did the Wild Growth have and are you comparing the growth to how your grows at the same time of year with the same minimal manipulation? Our hair is always growing but its the length retention that shows our progress and the braids more than likely kept your ends protected.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd March 2010, 1:53 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Tia~

From what I read....mineral is like a coating on top of our skin and it prevents moisture from penetrating. I used to buy and buy baby oil and it never worked. I know now that it was because it does not penetrate it just sits on top of and disguises the ash (dryness). When I start having children I already decided that I will not be using baby oil on them either.

Other than the mineral oil, what other ingredients did the Wild Growth have and are you comparing the growth to how your grows at the same time of year with the same minimal manipulation? Our hair is always growing but its the length retention that shows our progress and the braids more than likely kept your ends protected.

You know until now I never paid attention to my growth based on the time of year. I think you are correct; I experienced much growth last summer when I wore braids because of less manipulation and my ends were protected!!!

I'm not sure of the other ingredients in the Wild Growth, but I will stay away from it because of the mineral oil.

Thanks for the info
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd March 2010, 11:27 pm

Tia! I love your avatar pic!!!! Even though, I know I'm late!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 4th March 2010, 1:41 am

glad you found some relief for your scalp, i have the same problems to i just like to cover up in the winter to lock in the moist i start wearing hats to stay away from the cold. Did I miss it what do you do for a moisturizer is that the same as conditioner?? anywho im late too love the new hair color it is a nice color on you.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 3 Empty Jellybeans in Cary, NC

Post by tiashaunteé 4th March 2010, 4:06 pm

My bday is tomorrow and to celebrate another year the hubby and I are going rollerskating and are inviting anyone that would like to join us. I am opening up the invitation to all my curly friends.

danceflower dance

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/XVUIOQISJRUQAGBTGVPO/skatenight
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th March 2010, 5:16 pm

AWw! I wish I could come!!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th March 2010, 5:19 pm

yes, yes, yes tia!! great idea! see THIS is why i want to get that steam dryer at home. i notice my scalp itches when i go more than 2-3 days without greasin it wit coconut oil. since i been doin coils and leavin it alone vs cowashing every few days and wearing it out, less is more! i been so press this winter to try out different products and etc that i've learned...come winter 2010 im leavin my hair in PROTECTIVE STYLES ONLLLLYYY!!

ok sooo i didnt know u had kids, lol and i totally agree that i got like 2 bottles of unopened baby oil just sitting there. for one it always felt ashy oily in puttin it on then 30min to an hour later u dry all over again. my brother just had a baby and i told him shea butter only. i clears up eczema and its just more moisturizing than baby lotion n etc!

ok so question; do you find it harder to keep ur hair moisturized with color or has it even changed? and can you henna over box color later?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th March 2010, 5:33 pm

NOOOOO, no kids here. That baby oil was for me, LOL.

Keeping my hair moisturized with color hasn't really been any different. But after I color I DC like crazy and try to prevent my hair from drying out in the early stages after the color. I am dyeing my hair tonight. I will have the details tomorrow.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th March 2010, 6:07 pm

TerraD wrote:AWw! I wish I could come!!!!

Man me too!!!! If only I had a private jet that could fly me to NC tonight ... lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th March 2010, 6:08 pm

Tonight... in an effort to fight the years that my bday is trying to put on me I am going to dye my hair. So I purchased Clairol Nice n Easy in blue black. I was reading the info (i read everything) yesterday and freaked out when it said
"Do not use if you have used Henna"
I was like "What the freak?!?!?" So I went to my good 'ol know it all source Google and I typed in "Henna & Traditional Color?" and came up with: http://www.hairfinder.com/hair3/hennahaircolor.htm

So, I am going to do it anyway. I know my hair...I will however to a strand test this time. Just to make sure that my hair doesn't melt or turn green.

If things go the way I assume I will be back with lots of info.

Also, I am trying to decide between two styles for this weekend - although, I may do both:
Style one: http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-hair-and-makeup-this-friday.html
or
Style two: http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/galleryImages/celebrity_hairstyles_ladies/Tanika_Ray+Jul_20_2007.jpg
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next