CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different oils do different things

+21
sweetdrk1
1FlySista
JessiWantsCurls
ChrsLvsBks
tevincent
Thinking4herselfnow
krazy coils
Vee
SisterBoyd
p_nuttie43
jamaicanmecurly
Lynnieluve
BrownSkinDiva
NikE
HAMPTONSFNST
Intelligentbeauty
blondie
.nikki.b.
Jonezy
nikkinixnicole
DreamMerchant
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Different oils do different things - Page 2 Empty Re: Different oils do different things

Post by Thinking4herselfnow 1st April 2010, 9:59 pm

Hey Ladies,
I have a question. . . I was reading somewhere about using Aloe Vera Gel, and I bought some |but it wasn't pure, so now I have to send it back Sad | but I don't remember its purpose. Do any of you use aloe vera gel? And if so what for? And on wet or dry hair?

Thanks
Thinking4herselfnow
Thinking4herselfnow

Back to top Go down

Different oils do different things - Page 2 Empty Re: Different oils do different things

Post by SisterBoyd 2nd April 2010, 12:33 am

I mix about 25% aloe to 75% glycerin and use it for my leave-in on wet hair under whatever styler I'm using. The only time I don't use this leave-in is when I'm doing twists...and I'm not really a twist girl so that is rare...

I have use aloe to mix with other things as well. Here is a good video on aloe...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk20Y88dgs
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking4herselfnow 2nd April 2010, 2:34 am

SisterBoyd wrote:I mix about 25% aloe to 75% glycerin and use it for my leave-in on wet hair under whatever styler I'm using. The only time I don't use this leave-in is when I'm doing twists...and I'm not really a twist girl so that is rare...

I have use aloe to mix with other things as well. Here is a good video on aloe...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk20Y88dgs

Thank you sooooo much, I'm definitely going to check out that video.
Thinking4herselfnow
Thinking4herselfnow

Back to top Go down

Post by tevincent 29th December 2010, 6:11 pm

I have a question: Is there an oil that provides protein for you hair to mix with coconut oil?
tevincent
tevincent

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2010, 6:45 pm

tevincent wrote:I have a question: Is there an oil that provides protein for you hair to mix with coconut oil?
Yes, wheat germ oil.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tevincent 29th December 2010, 6:48 pm

Thanks ChrsLvBks, is that something that can be used daily as well?
tevincent
tevincent

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 29th December 2010, 10:11 pm

You ladies have answers for EVERYTHING! I feel like I just made a trip to Oz to the see the Wizard ... the Hair Wizard!
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FlySista 5th January 2011, 8:40 pm

FYI: Just sharing.