CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair

+6
kim
naturallydestined
envizionj
Karyn
NylaCoils
chocolate-kinks
10 posters

Go down

Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair Empty Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair

Post by chocolate-kinks 1st April 2010, 4:54 pm

Hey ladies Smile. Its just recently I began messing around with different oils and notices certain things. I made plenty of mixes and realized something about oils such as tea tree oil and peppermint oil. I learned that I cant use tea tree oil and peppermint oil directly on my hair and it should be used on my scalp. Oils like Coconut oil, and EVOO work fantabolus on my direct hair. So I was wondering, what oils do you like using on your hair directly and what do you like using on your scalp? I was thinking of trying wheat germ oil. What do you think?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair Empty Re: Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair

Post by NylaCoils 1st April 2010, 4:59 pm

My hair hates EVOO- Nyla is funny like that. She only likes coconut, grapeseed, avocado and sweet almond oil. With the essential oils- like peppermint, rosemary, tea tree oil, etc...you need to add those to a carrier oil- like EVOO-avocado, or grapeseed.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair Empty Re: Oils you put on your scalp/ Oils you put on your hair

Post by Karyn 1st April 2010, 5:02 pm

I don't know too much about oils, but I know I cannot put coconut oil nor olive oil on my scalp because it itches like CRAZY! I can put both on my hair though haha. I only use BlackOnyx's Hair Growth oil on my scalp, since it doesn't make it itch.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 1st April 2010, 5:03 pm

I don't use tea tree oil, rosemary oil or peppermint oil because my scalp gets itchy. I can use Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap because that washes off. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I use my special mix of Butters-n-Bars unrefined shea butter (smooth and silky feel), Nutiva unrefined coconut oil, Black Jamaican castor oil, and a little Natures Blessings. I don't rub any products directly onto my scalp because I feel they will eventually venture there from my hair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 1st April 2010, 9:36 pm

My hair loves coconut oil with a blend of orange oil, sage, chamomile, and rosemary. I can't use EVOO either. It just sits there.
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 3rd April 2010, 5:39 am

I love castor oil and jojoba oil mixed with tea tree oil, rosemary oil and sage oil. They help relieve my itchy scalp a lot. Very Happy
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd April 2010, 7:04 am

kim wrote:I love castor oil and jojoba oil mixed with tea tree oil, rosemary oil and sage oil. They help relieve my itchy scalp a lot. Very Happy

my hair hates jojoba oil. it doesn't do anything for it.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd April 2010, 7:04 am

naturallydestined wrote:My hair loves coconut oil with a blend of orange oil, sage, chamomile, and rosemary. I can't use EVOO either. It just sits there.

coconut oil is awesome. I love the nutiva brand.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd April 2010, 3:33 pm

bump
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd April 2010, 9:06 pm

jojoba, coconut oil, pomegranate oil, argan oil are my favorites.

I use a bazillion other oils like safflower, sunflower, walnut, olive, avocado. I also add them to my hair/skin butter. The vast majority of what I use on my head I get from the grocery/health food store! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 4th April 2010, 6:15 am

blondie wrote:jojoba, coconut oil, pomegranate oil, argan oil are my favorites.

I use a bazillion other oils like safflower, sunflower, walnut, olive, avocado. I also add them to my hair/skin butter. The vast majority of what I use on my head I get from the grocery/health food store! Smile

wow never heard of pomegranate oil. sounds in interesting.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th April 2010, 11:31 am

I definitely co-sign on jojoba oil, coconut oil and castor oil. I used jojoba and coconut oil on my scalp when my hair was longer (especially when it was in yarn braids). When I co-wash/rinse my hair, I seal with both castor oil and the Black Onyx oil. Loving the results so far.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 4th April 2010, 12:35 pm

I don't put anything on my scalp (not on purpose anyways lol) besides the shampoo and conditioner. I use shea butter, I loves it, one of these days I'll invest in real shea butter and melt it myself, but for now I have Organix Liquid Shea Butter and I loves it. I hear good things about Jojoba Oil so I would love to try it too.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 4th April 2010, 7:26 pm

LadyMika wrote:I definitely co-sign on jojoba oil, coconut oil and castor oil. I used jojoba and coconut oil on my scalp when my hair was longer (especially when it was in yarn braids). When I co-wash/rinse my hair, I seal with both castor oil and the Black Onyx oil. Loving the results so far.

jojoba is not moisturizing enough for me.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th April 2010, 8:55 pm

chocolate-kinks wrote:
LadyMika wrote:I definitely co-sign on jojoba oil, coconut oil and castor oil. I used jojoba and coconut oil on my scalp when my hair was longer (especially when it was in yarn braids). When I co-wash/rinse my hair, I seal with both castor oil and the Black Onyx oil. Loving the results so far.

jojoba is not moisturizing enough for me.

You might like castor oil, then. It's a lot thicker than jojoba oil, and does add moisture (along with thickening your hair).
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 5th April 2010, 2:00 am

coconut oil works EXTREMELY well on my scalp, especially on damp, freshly washed hair (and when I shampoo)

I just put a little bit and my scalp/hair just sucks it up....I co-wash about 1x a week and put coconut oil on my scalp 1-2nights a week Smile
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th April 2010, 3:00 am

cutephantasm wrote:coconut oil works EXTREMELY well on my scalp, especially on damp, freshly washed hair (and when I shampoo)

I just put a little bit and my scalp/hair just sucks it up....I co-wash about 1x a week and put coconut oil on my scalp 1-2nights a week Smile

Oh okay. I need to use each oil individually to see which one could be causing the flaking. I hope its not coconut oil because I loveee that.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 5th April 2010, 7:11 pm

Monoi de Tahiti oil...luvin that too.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 5th April 2010, 9:45 pm

Monoi de Tahiti oil...luvin that too.-- having to co-sign on that! i have a whipped shea with Monoi de Tahiti oil...and my hair (Nyla) luh oooovess this mixture!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 6th April 2010, 3:10 am

NylaCoils wrote:Monoi de Tahiti oil...luvin that too.-- having to co-sign on that! i have a whipped shea with Monoi de Tahiti oil...and my hair (Nyla) luh oooovess this mixture!

Never ever heard of that. Wow when you become natural things are so brand new.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down