CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flexi Rod Help!!

4 posters

Go down

Flexi Rod Help!! Empty Flexi Rod Help!!

Post by lovinlife 22nd February 2010, 6:45 pm

I have finally found a signature style that I love for my natural hair, Flexi Rods. Here is the thing... I don't do them myself. I go to the salon and have them done about every 2weeks or so. My stylist lets me bring my own products, so I will bring by Giovanni Shampoo and DevaCurl conditioner. She sets the flexis with setting lotion. The issue is that I am having major frizz and an itchy scalp. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can control the frizz? Is it the settign lotion and if so, what can I use in place of it. Also, any recommendations on what to use for the itchy scalp? At night I usually pull them up a little bit with stretchy headband and tie a silk scarve around and sleep on a silk pillowcase. Please help, I don't want to go back to straightening my hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lovinlife

Back to top Go down

Flexi Rod Help!! Empty Re: Flexi Rod Help!!

Post by Russet 22nd February 2010, 9:50 pm

I find that when I sleep with a bonnet my scalp actually feels less tensed and I avoid flat hair (a plus), but when I sleep with a scarf, my hair lays flat on my head and my scalp itches like crazy! I don't know what it is, and my hair gets oilier faster too. Try a satin bonnet and see if it works.

As for the frizzing, I am not fully natural but for flexi sets I don't use setting lotion instead I use some ecostyler olive oil gel and Herbal Essences Long Term Relation(ship?) Conditioner and proceed with styling. Maybe you can add some oil ontop of the setting lotion to seal in the moisture?
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th February 2010, 1:32 pm

Find out what brand of setting lotion your stylist is using. You may be allergic to it or perhaps it's too drying for your scalp. To relieve the itchies try applying castor oil or perhaps jojoba oil with peppermint and tea tree oils to sooth your scalp before you go under the dryer or after.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 25th February 2010, 2:48 am

Actuallly...I find that those flexi rods frizzed my hair up the very next day.....I prefer rods...
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down