CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flexi Rods on TWA

3 posters

Go down

Flexi Rods on TWA Empty Flexi Rods on TWA

Post by JustMe 15th January 2010, 1:00 am

Hi Ladies,

I'm newly natural (2 weeks tomorrow!) and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I haven't quite mastered the wash n go yet. Flexi Rod sets was my go to transitioning style and I was thinking about trying it again. Has anyone tried this with 3-4 inches of hair? If so what size rollers did you use? I used the orange ones before but I figure those are too big now.

TIA!

JustMe

Back to top Go down

Flexi Rods on TWA Empty Re: Flexi Rods on TWA

Post by sweetdrk1 20th January 2010, 12:01 am

Hi,

Congrats on your anniversary! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am going on my 5th month of my natural journey. Until recently all I did was wash n go. I have just lately become a fan of the two strand twist. What are you doing for your wash n go? What products? Here is my regimine: I co wash with what ever conditioner is in the shower with me. My favs are BH Moisture Maniac and HE TT & HH. I do a cold rinse by leaning forward and letting the shower run over my head. Then I use the same conditioner to detangle and style. I squeeze out the excess conditioner, seal with my favorite oil, shake and let it air dry. The picture below is today which is day 4 of a wash n go with major shrinkage. If you look at my avatar that is my hair stretched. LOL yeah Shrinkage is a monster! LOL but I love my curls!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did my first roller set on the same length of hair that you say you have. I didn't use anything other than my conditioner. I set the hair (I had to use end papers my curls were giving me a fit) and I sat under the dryer on med to let them dry Here are the rollers I used...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and this how they looked when I took them out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is a close up of my curls after I separated them: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I hope this helps. Also are you a YT watcher? MahoganyCurls is my hair idol she has a video doing wash n go, I pretty much follow the same routine Check her out, she motivated me to do a roller set. I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] her curls!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyKeyStreet 20th January 2010, 2:28 am

OOOHHHH very cute Sweetdrk1!

NaturallyKeyStreet

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe 20th January 2010, 8:42 am

Thanks for your response Sweetdrk. I love your results! Yes I'm big fan of MahoganyCurls and I also tried the spiral set but my results didn't come out as good as yours. I used perm rods instead of rollers so I don't know if that made the difference.

I pretty much followed MahoganyCurls video for WNG. I use HE TT for the cowash. I did use Fantasia IC gel the first time for more curl definition but it left my hair a little hard. The next time I didn't use gel and ended up with more of a little fro. Shaking doesn't seem to work too well for me! This weekend I followed bronzeQt's braid out video and it worked pretty well!

I did buy the little green flexi rods so maybe I'll experiment with those one day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down