CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping on a flexi rod set

3 posters

Go down

Sleeping on a flexi rod set Empty Sleeping on a flexi rod set

Post by wtfshanee 23rd November 2010, 3:23 pm

Last night, I put around 50+ flexi rods in my hair and sat under the dryer. I took them out and picked them out. When it came time for me to get to sleep, i put my hair under a bonnet and slept. This morning when I woke up and took the bonnet off, my flexi set was all smushed and some of the curls came out. My question is how do you preserve your set while you sleep?

Thanks!
wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

Sleeping on a flexi rod set Empty Re: Sleeping on a flexi rod set

Post by dctransitioner 23rd November 2010, 5:08 pm

I'm still experimenting with flexi sets. But so far I've had the best results if I pin the hair up so that the curls are clustered around the top of my head (using a few bobby pins, almost like an updo) and then push the curls up (so that they partially coil back into spirals) and sort of tuck them together on top of my head. I will put a handful of rods in the curls that frame my face if they look like the curls are falling out. Then I put on a bonnet. I guess it's similar to curlynikki's 'pineappling' technique, but without a scrunchie.

dctransitioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 23rd November 2010, 6:29 pm

I pile all of my curls on top of my head and place my bonnet on. I'll admit that I still have to sleep "cute" in order to preserve the curls. In the morning I take the bonnet off and shake my hair. I may have a few curls on the side that got smushed, but overall the style holds up pretty well.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down