CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you transitioning with two textures?

+14
natural813
Krystality
MsIconic
msjakkia
p_nuttie43
natural_nance
lovelynika
traveljunkie08
nmoultry
lacesonia
MrsLambsWool
bevyboo628
Pi*Jay
loveself247
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you transitioning with two textures? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you transitioning with two textures?

Post by Krystality 11th November 2009, 6:43 pm

I am currently transitioning...My last relaxer was April 12, 2009. My plan is to transition for a year but I really want to BC sooner but I am not sure. I have gotten my hair pressed straight about 3 times, I do alot of rollersets, braid outs, and I have gotten kinky twist 1 time and individual braids 1 time. I try to have new styles monthly to keep me occupied and to stop stressing so much about BCing.

I think I have 4b hair type and I am so surprised at how managable my hair is with the 2 textures since find the right conditioners. I know I can make it to a year but I am so excited to BC. I actually went natural 3 times before and BCed 3 times and then relaxed everytime...I guesss this is why I am on the fence about doing the BC so soon.....
Krystality
Krystality

Back to top Go down

Are you transitioning with two textures? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you transitioning with two textures?

Post by loveself247 11th November 2009, 6:49 pm

@Kyrstality....Lets hope this is your last time going Natural....lol. I feel you on the BC, I have only been transitioning a few months and I am so excited about doing my BC to see my natural hair again. I said I was gonna try to wait a year to do my big chop. But then I said it will depend on how much my hair grows out.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 15th November 2009, 8:27 pm

The Process has been good for me..I havent had a relaxer since August 4th..which makes me 3 months Smile....and almost 15 weeks Smile so proud of myself...
I just cant wait to cut the relaxed hair off so much...It is really annoying...My natural hair looks so pretty and the relax look dead and unhappy...lol..But I plan to chop next year...I just want enough growth to style dont have to be extra long because I know it will get long eventually
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 15th November 2009, 8:50 pm

@natural813...I am 100% with you gurly. I feel the same way and you could not have said it better. My last time contaminating my hair was Sept 14th and my new growths is so THICK and curly.....man I can't wait to get rig of this lifeless hair that continues to hold on to my beautiful tress of natural hair. I will be right there with you come next year!!!!!!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 15th November 2009, 11:38 pm

Going to BC in March/April of next year. Really want to get through winter, keep some warmth on my scalp and wear lot of headgear.

I wash once a week, do braid outs probably 1-2 times per week or wear my hair in one or an updo when I go out and mostly out when I'm home. I don't use my styling equipment cause the heat will damage both textures and I'm waiting for about 2-3 inches of new growth to sport my new twa in the spring.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by My Hair Fetish 20th November 2009, 8:09 pm

I play around with braid-outs pulled up or just down. Hats/beanies are great. You can also dress up so many buns during these cold months. I have been transitioning for a year now.. It does get easier...
My Hair Fetish
My Hair Fetish

http://public.fotki.com/MyHairFetish/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 28th November 2009, 8:32 pm

I two have been dealing with 2 textures, and sometimes I feel like it might be time for the b/c. My last creamycrack application was 06/2009 I have a lot of new growth but also I have a lot of perm haire left on the ends. I've tried several protective styles; two stranded twist, roller sets, spiral rods, I just purchased the "curlformers" and so excited to try them, hopefully they will take me through another 5 months of protective styles. I am planning on doing the bc on my 1 yr. anniversary, keep me in your prayers CN Family that I stay strong during this at times diifficult transition journey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.S. Thanks for all the support coming from the CN Community.
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd December 2009, 11:51 am

I have been transitioning for nearly 14 mos and I don't plan on chopping until my hair has reached a length I am comfortable with. I wore weaves since my last touch up (09/08) and allowed my scalp/hair to breathe at least 2 wks in between installments.

This is truly an exciting experience for me. I've always admired natural beauties such as Erykah Badu, Amel Larrieux, and my mom who rocks a close cut like our president. I just didn't have the confidence to get off the "creamy crack". [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My mom has been my biggest role model with this transition. She lets me know that my natural texture will only enhance the beauty I was born with and to also add some fly earrings. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2