CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several Textures

+3
ChrsLvsBks
CurlyChefRobin
Ms.Fenty
7 posters

Go down

Several Textures Empty Several Textures

Post by Ms.Fenty 12th July 2010, 8:25 pm

Hey Ladies, I'm currently transitioning and I'm noticing that I have several different textures. The loosest curl and the tightest curl look completely different like 3b and 4c (but mostly 4b/a @ least thats what it looks like anyway) ... So I'm wondering how you ladies deal with this as far as styling, I'm thinking that if I did a wash n go it might look really weird
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Several Textures Empty Re: Several Textures

Post by CurlyChefRobin 12th July 2010, 9:14 pm

I've heard that it takes quite a while to determine you're true texture. I notice that I have a few different textures as well and I usually rock tnc's with the hair flat twisted. I've also done two strand bantu knot-outs as well. Both those styles help to hide the two textures pretty well. My problem is the majority of the back of my hair is completely relaxed and the top and sides are mainly relaxed. Because I have so much new relaxed hair wash n go's have not worked for me.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 12th July 2010, 9:30 pm

Yeah, I do a lot of braid outs to blend the relaxed and the natural, but what about when I'm all natural and I have 3b and 4c hair, does a wash n go look ok with different natural hair textures?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 12th July 2010, 9:36 pm

I'm still transitioning so I can't speak from experience but I know many people who are fully natural with a few textures and wash n go's look great. I think that's the beautiful thing about natural hair, it's doesn't have to look like this "perfect coif" like relaxed hair.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th July 2010, 10:06 am

Ms.Fenty wrote:Yeah, I do a lot of braid outs to blend the relaxed and the natural, but what about when I'm all natural and I have 3b and 4c hair, does a wash n go look ok with different natural hair textures?
My hair's curl sizes range from wavy to pencil size coils. I typically use more heavy products or more product in the coily area and less product or lighter products in the looser areas. I will also use the rake and smooth method in the coily areas and the scrunch method in the looser areas. This helps my WnGs look a little better. A great cut will help also!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 13th July 2010, 7:21 pm

I have so many different textures in my hair, from completely straight (yeah very weird!!) to looser curls to tiny spring coils. I don't have the patience to make each texture behave like it should so I style my hair in a way so they all can blend in with each other. As far as wash and go's they don't look weird at all when I do them. Sure certain areas look curlier when others look more coily (if I can even use that word lol). But the wash and go's themselves look pretty good.
And if that can help, I would say don't even sweat it. When you'll be fully natural you will embrace your texture as it comes and you will see it looking pretty any way you make it Smile
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 26th July 2010, 10:41 pm

thanks for the input ladies, the good hair cut tip sounds good, because my random patches of looser curls seem a bit longer than the rest of my hair........I guess thats why they say its best to cut curly hair while its dry
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelbabe 27th July 2010, 6:20 pm

The top layer of my hair right at the top of my head is a wavy texture and the rest is more tightly curled. This hair hangs longer in wash and go and twists, so I think we have a similar problem. At the begining of the summer I did my first w-n-g in a while and cut some of the hair so it doesn't hang longer. And then I put in some mini-twist and cut some more in that area and my hair looks so much better. You will barely notice that it's shorter until you straighten and then it will just look like you have layers. Hope this helps!
Hazelbabe
Hazelbabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 27th July 2010, 8:51 pm

Yup. I have a patch of 4b on the side of my hair, and in between that is LOOSE 4a coils. And the front is frizzy 3c/4a and the back is defined 3c and the rest is 4a/b sprinkles. Needless to say, I rarely do wash and go.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 28th July 2010, 12:45 am

The very front of my hair is bone straight, it jacks up the wng everytime. What I do is apply more product to it and just pin it back or twist it to the side and blend it in with the rest of my hair.
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down