CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 different hair textures

3 posters

Go down

3 different hair textures Empty 3 different hair textures

Post by NickiK 24th September 2010, 10:37 am

Hey ladies,
Okay ladies I have a dilemma I just took braids down after only a month of having them. I bcd in august and put braids in so I didn't know what type of hair texture I had even after a year of transitioning. My long time beautician told me that I had like two different textures even when I was getting perms. Now I see what she meant so I took my braids down and found out I actually have multiple textures. Okay the back as soon as water hits it it curls up like straw curls...you know the curls u get with rods that how the back looks. The middle is a mixture of both staw looking curls and tight curls. And the front is like wavy and tight curls. I want to know is their any products you all suggest for people with multiple texture hair? And Idk how to determine my hair texture am I a 4 or 3a I'm lost? And is it possible that my hair will eventually become one defined texture? Products I am using are shea moisture black african soap shampoo, tresmee nautrals conditioner(co wash) olive oil, aloe ver juice, jojoba grease, kcc gel(well not really because my hair curls with just water).

NickiK

Back to top Go down

3 different hair textures Empty Re: 3 different hair textures

Post by BajanPrincess82 24th September 2010, 11:01 am

Girl, join the club. Most naturals I know have more than one hair texture on their heads. I have three myself. I use the same products on my entire head (leave in conditioner mixture, shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil), but to get curls to be uniform I have to braid or twist. When I do braid outs or twist outs the hair are has the same typle of 'curl' to it. If its just wet or I'm doing a wash and go, you can see the different curl textures, but its all good. Its what makes your hair unique!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by NickiK 24th September 2010, 11:14 am

Lol thanks maam. I'm loving it right now....and I will try braids and twist out.

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 24th September 2010, 11:20 am

Hi NickiK

I was a long term transitioner, my last relaxer was august 2008 and I finally cut all the permed ends in November 2009. I wanted to see my hair without the straight ends. What I got was 3 or 4 different textures. The back has big waves and fine pen spring sized coils. The sides are coils and different sized prominent zigzags.

The front, I'm not quite sure what the front is doing. It does a little bit of everything but is mostly coily, zigzaggy with a couple wierd straight hairs thrown in for confusion. I don't put heat in my hair or do tight hair styles or slick my edges down. My edges are still recovering from years of perms and I don't want to stress them. The top (crown) is big zigzags and coils. That is my naked hair, washed, conditioned, detangled and air dried without product. No way to put it in a box labeled this type hair. lol.

In addition, my natural hair has a reddish under tone that I have to keep telling friends it is my natural color, not dye, not henna, and not some natural rinse. I had that orangey red hair as a baby and although its dark brown now, you can still see the orange and red in it in the sunlight.

Right now my hair is chin length if dried unstretched and bra strap length in the back stretched. Gives you an idea of the shrinkage I get. I don't think its going to settle on one type. I have every kind of curly hair in my head that is possible to have. I also constantly have hand in hair disease because I am still bemused by the many textures of my hair.

I deep condition at least once a week, wash my scalp and let the shampoo run down the ends once a week. Spritz with a water, aloe vera mix and a little aloe butter run through with my fingers. I think if what you are doing works for your hair you should keep it up.

K I know that was long, but bottom line. Enjoy the different textures, we have unique hair and it just doesn't fit in a type box. cheers Laughing afro
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by NickiK 24th September 2010, 11:26 am

Thanks. Ladies

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down