CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are you wearing your hair today?

+109
Sequoia
patmichele
DvaAuNaturel
Morshaye
LaToya28
Furlie
Nikcoils
jlowman1
Buttercup76
Peachtree
Dynasti
natural813
brandiitneka
hdthomas
HAMPTONSFNST
nobelle
lumii
CrissyQ
KeetaRay
Yellagirlcurls
Erica5417
Ameenah
SimplyShainee
NaturallyJazzy
Karyn
marbar1908
KnowwhoIam
bholmes87
BlondeByDesire
tressedforsuccess
poeticlyspkng
naturallyme13
BajanPrincess82
MsJay1121
PearlsNCurls
missmoriah
lucky7
DeNaturelle
KinkyNappyHappy
RoseNaturalBeauty
LadyMika
Tamikac23
MissCurly
naturalhonney
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
splitsun
natural83
cocoachanel
luving me
natural_nance
tamtam7
HappigocurliJenn
blondie
Intelligentbeauty
oooop2
MsChris8
Mimi
Tamren
Lynnieluve
NylaCoils
curlyamazon
CostaKink
NubieNatty
Mz. Thang
Enchantment
NaturalNixon
BrownSkinDiva
Kea::curls
xtremelyperfect
Natural Wheezes
Rock'n Natural Curls
CurlsGalore
HomeGrownHairGirl
LilMsPuddles
NotBillieJean
techne
NikG20
AfroButtafly
Carrie
sweetdrk1
jamaicacurl
snappynappy
ChrsLvsBks
Dricka
brittany_smiley
Miz B
Fabulously Fluffy
rebelrocks
lena73
AfrikanLatina
nmoultry
Lena_Jolie
MahoganyCurls
Iomer
d.denise
SheeTacular
bella gee
FierceNerd
dajewel
tiashaunteé
LuvMeLuvMyFro
CurlySpeechTherapist
Pi*Jay
p_nuttie43
loveself247
Haysbaby
Succinctlyso
Courtie
*CurlyNikki*
113 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

How are you wearing your hair today? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you wearing your hair today?

Post by dajewel 5th November 2009, 3:45 pm

Succinctlyso wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my hair today.... thanks to overnight DC and Garnier Surf Hair Med Hold....Woot:)

go, girl!! do us proud!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

How are you wearing your hair today? - Page 2 Empty Re: How are you wearing your hair today?

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 5th November 2009, 3:48 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:Curlyspeechtherapist, I'm in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] with your hair! I love the color!!!!!! That messy high bun is amazing!

I love a messy bun, and since I am growing bangs out it has been my go-to style. I just got finished growing all of the dye out of my hair, now I'm growing bangs out. Always something!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for the compliment. Me and my BF are beyond in love with your hair!!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 5th November 2009, 3:59 pm

Smile

@curlynikki--Thank you much mujer!!

@LuvMeLuvMyFro- I love the ease of it... LOL...but i'm anxious for it to grown NOW!!! LOL...

@DaJewel-- Thank ya ma'am!! I shall try!

@CurlySpeech--Your hair is DOPENESS!
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 5th November 2009, 4:01 pm

I took out the Bantu knots that I put in on Tuesday night. Added some organix leave in conditioner and some shea butter and fluffed out. Here are the results... I'm lovin the curlyness!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and I'm still dont actually understand HOW you seal your ends. is it just rubbing the shea butter through the ends of your hair???
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceNerd 5th November 2009, 4:33 pm

This my second day hair after doing a twist out. I washed yesterday with my Blended Beauty Soy Cream Shampoo followed by a DC. I twisted my hair using my shea butter mix then rolled it on perm rods. I just pulled the sides back. This how it looks after sleeping on it and working out!
FierceNerd
FierceNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 5th November 2009, 4:41 pm

and I'm still dont
actually understand HOW you seal your ends. is it just rubbing the shea
butter through the ends of your hair???

When I do twists or braids, I seal each end by picking up a little bit of shea butter in my fingers and running it down the end of the twist. Then I take my finger and twirl the end around my finger. When I do this there is enough shea butter on the hair that I can actually see it. So I use a lot. I'm not sure how everyone else does it.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 5th November 2009, 7:39 pm

@succinctlyso, thanks!! Yours is adorable, too. I love the girls rockin the short styles. When my sister had short hair she got so many compliments -- more than she gets now that it's long!!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 6th November 2009, 4:02 am

Me and my bantu knots pulled up in a pony tail again. I think I will have to stick with this for a while ladies.

loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 6th November 2009, 9:14 am

i love your ponytail!
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 6th November 2009, 11:24 am

Today I pulled my BN-out into a pony.

Here are my bantu knots
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 6th November 2009, 1:54 pm

My bantu knot pony tail

loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 6th November 2009, 2:19 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I did a co-wash this morning and now I have a huge puff. Since it's cold I drove to work with the heat on "hell." It was dry by the time I parked. Smile

Yeah that was my MO last year and yesterday....lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 6th November 2009, 2:20 pm

I only used a lil bit of Water this morning and my NEW STAPLE Garnier Surf Hair.... I LOVE IT.... I literally spent 30 seconds on my hair this morning...

Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th November 2009, 4:14 pm

nubian knot out. first time doing it on wet hair. yesterday I co-washed but left the conditioner in all day. washed most of it out last night it was giovanni tea tree triple threat conditioner (which I LOVE as of yesterday lol. and then I used mango butter on my edges and as I twisted into knots, a VERY little coconut oil (it makes my hair oily) and this morning I added shea butter/coconut oil mix to my ends and edges... Lots of shrinkage but still cute! I need some moisturizing stylers! you can't really tell by this pic but my hair is SO THIRSTY! ANd I trimmed over 2 inches in some areas where my hair was heat damaged... cutting sprees - gotta love em.

@curlyspeech theraplst - dont go to sleep near my house I may take ur hair! lol That's your natural color?

@curynikki - ummmm you dont need to redo your hair again your hair looks great! And get better soon. I was sick for over a week that time I got sick when normally I'm only out of commission for 2 days max

@succinctly - I just moved from San Diego in June but I come back a lot! next time I come back can we trade some products or something??? lol are you on meetup.com? there's a natural hair meet up there....and i LOVE your curls they look so HYDRATED

@everybody - Why were we getting our hair straightened again??? I guarantee if you asked for "hair today" shots while everyone was relaxed or straightened this would not be nearly as fun or beautiful or DIFFERENT... LOVE THIS!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 6th November 2009, 4:41 pm

This is day five of my braidout.
I just have a headband holding it like this.
I didn't put anything in it when I woke up.
I try to wash and style only once or twice a week. My hair grows much faster when I stretch styles and stay out of it. It needs done now though, as you can see!

Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 6th November 2009, 6:25 pm

d.denise wrote:@everybody - Why were we getting our hair straightened again??? I guarantee if you asked for "hair today" shots while everyone was relaxed or straightened this would not be nearly as fun or beautiful or DIFFERENT... LOVE THIS!

I honestly feel that a lot of women look so much more beautiful with natural hair. I think embracing your texture brings out beauty you never knew you had.
Natural hair = confidence boost = flyness = beautiful you!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 7th November 2009, 12:12 am

I am wearing I BnC that is a day old. I did 9-10 braids and curled them with 3/4 wide curlers. I washed with South of France Organic Shea Butter Soap Bar, and HE Hello Hydration, Totally Twisted, and Aussie Moist. I used EVCO and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner on my scalp and the body of my hair, and Cantu Shea Butter Hair Dressing Pomade on my ends. I find that if I only 1/2 wash out my conditioner my hair will smell nice and dry a lot faster.

I usually take my hair out after I have gone through the next day in curlers and a hat. I sleep with my hair in a pineapple and fluff the next day. I have been using headbanging as a fluffing method. lol! It works SO well. I just put on my favorite Alexisonfire or Saosin song and rock out for 5-10 mins and my hair separates without the frizz of finger-fluffing. I follow up with some finger fluffing to perfect the look before I leave though.

Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th November 2009, 11:54 pm

@pwatem, Very Cute!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 8th November 2009, 12:06 am

@d.denise, you are hilarious!! Razz And yes, the color on the pics I posted is my natural hair color for the first time since I was a teenager!!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th November 2009, 10:12 am

Succinctlyso wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my hair today.... thanks to overnight DC and Garnier Surf Hair Med Hold....Woot:)

Love your TWA!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 9th November 2009, 10:34 am

Well, this is how I am wearing my hair for the week! Lol...My TWA is growing and I am getting kinda lazy. Last night I decided to braid it, in medium size briads...and I used.........Shea Butter!!!!!!! I am so happy It worked this time! I pretty much had written the Shea butter off! But I guess, it is a technique to using it! I think i got it!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am feeling the braids too, easy and low maintence...and I think the braid out will turn out better than the twistout....we'll see, I will definitely post pics!

So here are my first set of braids on my TWA... I pinned them up with some bobby pins, to switch the look up (last week I did the same thing with Two strand twist!). The hubs even gave me a compliment! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The parts aren't perfect, but I don't care! Lol!

Please excuse the oily face [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cowashed last night with V05 and used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration as my leave in and sealed with shea butter...and I sealed my ends with the shea.

My hair was damp, not really wet, but not really dry either...then i started braiding (of course on detangled hair!), it worked! And before I went to bed, i tied my hair down with my satin scarf [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like it!

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 9th November 2009, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : null)
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena_Jolie 9th November 2009, 11:20 am

For today, I'm rocking a pony puff with a twist-out in front. Its my first time wearing it like this but I needed something different and easy. I did my first henna treatment, so its slightly tinted now Smile

After I washed out all that residue that I missed Friday (my hands turned orange while I was twisting the other night! lol) I applied a little Elasta QP Mango Butter to my hair and sectioned off the front from ear to ear (like bangs or so) with a little part in the middle, put my puff in its place, and twisted the front.

I dont have pics of it yet, but when I do I'll edit this and post them
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 9th November 2009, 12:28 pm

Braid out!
I wore the braids to work under a scarf and I just took them out at my desk...LOL.

Braids in:

Braids out and fluffed:

Excuse me looking crazy, I have been here since 6AM, hence the braids not being taken out when I woke up.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 9th November 2009, 4:25 pm

This was my hair Saturday

[color=orange]This is my hair today

Last edited by loveself247 on 9th November 2009, 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 9th November 2009, 4:28 pm

loveself247 wrote:This was my hair Saturday

This is my hair today

Girl you are rocking that updo!!! You need to go ahead and make that your staple!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next