CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know if these products are good?

+7
Corygentri
CombatCurls
dajewel
CurlyLeA
ChrsLvsBks
tiashaunteé
CurlyMo
11 posters

Go down

Anyone know if these products are good? Empty Anyone know if these products are good?

Post by CurlyMo 12th December 2009, 7:16 pm

I was told these products are good (when it come to moisture and styling) has anyone used any of those and had good results ?

Dr. Miracle pomade, Biolage conditioners, Bees wax (any), Sulfur8 pomade

Also looking to find out where i can find the list of ingredients that are bad for our hair?
I'm trying to get used to the names of all cones and other parabans (not sure of spelling) that are used.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Last edited by Curlymo on 12th December 2009, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added products)
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Anyone know if these products are good? Empty Re: Anyone know if these products are good?

Post by tiashaunteé 12th December 2009, 7:19 pm

What are the products?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Anyone know if these products are good? Empty Re: Anyone know if these products are good?

Post by CurlyMo 12th December 2009, 8:05 pm

CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2009, 1:24 pm

As far as ingredients, if you would like to use products without silicones (plastics) and mineral oil. Look for ingredients ending with -cone or -xane and paraffinum liquidum; and use them sparingly especially if they are the top five ingredients. These ingredients have been found to coat the hair and scalp causing hair to dry and/or clog the pores on your scalp.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone know if these products are good? Empty Sulfur8

Post by CurlyLeA 13th December 2009, 4:36 pm

I've used Sulfur8 medicated pomade in 1998, it has a tingling effect on the scalp. I've gotten good results but am not sure if the ingredients are all good.

The Dr. Miracle's ingredients are not on any of his products from what i've noticed, they are a secret.
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 4:40 pm

A secret! aaawwwwww....there must be sone cones uo in there!!! LOL
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 4:41 pm

Im goning to google the Dr. Miracle's ingredients see if i can find it..I do know a lot of pl who use it
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 4:48 pm

I couldnt fin the ingrediance for the sulfer 8 pomade but here it is for the sulfer 8 condish

Petrolatum , Lanolin , Sorbitan Trioleate , Polysorbate-81 , Mineral Oil , Menthol , Triclosan , Fragrance ???
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2009, 4:50 pm

Curlymo wrote:I couldnt fin the ingrediance for the sulfer 8 pomade but here it is for the sulfer 8 condish

Petrolatum , Lanolin , Sorbitan Trioleate , Polysorbate-81 , Mineral Oil , Menthol , Triclosan , Fragrance ???

I would not use it based on the bolded products.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 5:39 pm

@ChrsLvsBks~
I have to agree with you on that!
Question for you??...I recall a list of ingredients online somewhere I believe it was on youtube have you any idea where I can get a list of bad hair ingredients?? I need to learn what good and whats not!!

Thank's in advance
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2009, 9:45 pm

Curlymo wrote:@ChrsLvsBks~
I have to agree with you on that!
Question for you??...I recall a list of ingredients online somewhere I believe it was on youtube have you any idea where I can get a list of bad hair ingredients?? I need to learn what good and whats not!!

Thank's in advance

You can check out the livecurlylivefree.com site. I purchased the e-book and most if not all the contents of the book is on the site.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 11:52 pm

GREAT THANKS ChrsLvBks i will do that now!!!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 14th December 2009, 12:15 am

hey, there!

i touched on some of these ingredients in my curlfriends thread: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/curlfriends-f16/ask-dajewel-t870-50.htm
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 14th December 2009, 11:52 am

@dajewel~
Thanks i will go and view that now!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CombatCurls 22nd December 2009, 1:56 pm

I use the biolage ultra hydrating balm, and i love it. I used it for cowashes and DT while i was in Afghanistan, it kept my hair uber soft.
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 27th December 2009, 10:29 pm

I was using Dr. Miracle when I first BCd but stopped when I started my natural journey and couldn't find out what the ingredients were. I used the shampoo and hair/scalp oil and they were tingly but seemed medicinal so I stopped using them.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th December 2009, 12:37 am

I wouldn't use any of those products because you can find products that are natural hair friendly or make your own. Is there a reason why you want to use those products?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 28th December 2009, 12:57 am

@SisterBoyd~
No, no reason they were recomended to me from a friend so i wanted to see if anyone is using them...I think from all the responce i will pass though..Thank you...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th December 2009, 1:32 am

CurlyMo, I love your curls!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 28th December 2009, 8:42 pm

Thank you SisterBoyd i have it in a very messy ponytail LOL...Some of it is still texturized with chemical's because im transitioning so we shall see once i cut it off next month... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Anyone know if these products are good? Empty Dr. Miracle's ingredients

Post by MsKendrala 29th December 2009, 3:44 am

CurlyLeA wrote: The Dr. Miracle's ingredients are not on any of his products from what i've noticed, they are a secret.

I went on a hunt for the ingredients in the Dr. Miracle's Dandruff Shampoo a while back and I found it on the Dr. Miracle's website...My assumption is the rest of the lines ingredients can be found there too.
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by immacurlie 2nd January 2010, 11:14 pm

CurlyMo wrote:I was told these products are good (when it come to moisture and styling) has anyone used any of those and had good results ?

Also looking to find out where i can find the list of ingredients that are bad for our hair?
I'm trying to get used to the names of all cones and other parabans (not sure of spelling) that are used.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

I liked Biloage ULTRA-Hydrating Balm before I stopped using conditioners that contain silicone. It leaves the hair super soft, and it smells nice.
immacurlie
immacurlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 3rd January 2010, 12:05 am

CurlyLeA wrote:
The Dr. Miracle's ingredients are not on any of his products from what i've noticed, they are a secret.

That's why I've never been tempted to buy their products. I have too many allergies to not know what I'm buying.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 3rd January 2010, 12:13 pm

Ya i thing you are ALL right i guess the best thing to do is stick to the natural stuff!!!

Thanks you all for jumping in on this
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down