CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Transitioner Looking for Good Products

2 posters

Go down

New Transitioner Looking for Good Products Empty New Transitioner Looking for Good Products

Post by ceaux 7th March 2010, 3:45 am

I've recently decided to transition and I don't know what products to use. I've used Carol's Daughter products but I don't know if it's best. I'm transitioning with a sew-in.

What products do you all recommend?

I need a good Moisturizer & Deep Conditioner.

I was thinking about co washing with herbal essences hydralicious & I've already been using Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner; i love the smell

Help me please, i don't know what to use
ceaux
ceaux

http://naturallyglamorous.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

New Transitioner Looking for Good Products Empty Re: New Transitioner Looking for Good Products

Post by symmy 9th April 2010, 3:36 pm

Congratulations on making the best decision of your life lol! I started transitioning last fall and I have not regretted it once. The only con i can think of is that it take some time and $$ to figure out which products work best for you. Here are the products that i find work pretty good for my 3b-3c hair:

*Herbal Essence Hello Hydration:
great slip, great detangler, does contain a cone so you should clarify your hair alteast once a month. I use this for co-washes (wet hair, smooth through, massage scalp, let sit as i shower, then rinse with cold water) A cheap clarifier is adding baking soda to your conditioner or do a apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse.
*Aubrey Organics Island Natural :
great for a deep treatment. Once a week, I put this on after co-washing and put on a plastic cap and sit under my steamer for 20-30 mins.
*Leave in: I mix one of my conditioners in a spray bottle with filtered water, aloe vera gel, an oil (jojoba, sweet almond,etc.)
*Kinky Curly Knot Today: nice light leave-in, great detangler. Works best under Kinky Curly curling custard.
*Coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil: moisturize and sealant after a leave in.
You can also whip together you shea butter with the above oils with a hand mixer and use this as a sealant/moisturizer.

My hair is bra strap length (bsl) and since i only have about 3-4 inches of new growth i'm having a hard time styling (i like to leave my hair out). The best routine has turned out to be roller setting my ends..or a twist-n-curl..this blends the two textures well.

I've tried styling products for Curls and Kinky Curly. Curls gives some definition but leaves my hair dry. I think Kinky Curly Curling Custard will work better once i'm fully transitioned, its not so great on my relaxed ends.

Hope this helps.
God Bless.
symmy
symmy

Back to top Go down