CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Nikki & All the ladies: That's not your hair!

+16
niknak19
naturalhonney
CurlsGalore
Mz. Thang
lexibugg004
Dricka
KeetaRay
tsa919
Janique
StephanieB
jamaicacurl
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
Curly Film Chick
MsLizziA
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To Nikki & All the ladies: That's not your hair! - Page 2 Empty Re: To Nikki & All the ladies: That's not your hair!

Post by TheBeautifulSaffiyahO. 14th January 2010, 10:24 pm

This is soo funny in an ignorant way... it is sad to say but the media has made everyone look at black women as if we could never grow tresses down to the crack of our behinds...why? Because so many black women in the industry wear the weave styles. I am not in any way knocking that they do wear weaves, it is their hair not mine. The styles that performers and actresses wear such as Beyonce and Sanaa Lathan(spelling) are primarily protective styles because of the line of work that they are in.

Most people in the "quote on quote" real world don't expect to see black women with long hair and there for they are curious to know if it is weave or not. I think that is terrible to think that black women cant grow luscious natural hair out of our scalps just because we are black women...

When you look back at history textbooks and pictures of African women some people assume that it depicts and serves as an image for all black women no matter the decent.

The bottom line is that we are all different in every sense of the word. People need to become educated and stop the complacency that holds the mind captive.

Educate yourself....Im so glad that this discussion has some depth so that we can educate one another!
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.
TheBeautifulSaffiyahO.

Back to top Go down

To Nikki & All the ladies: That's not your hair! - Page 2 Empty Re: To Nikki & All the ladies: That's not your hair!

Post by dior_diva 16th January 2010, 12:03 am

Ive had all types of women ask me about my hair in all types of ways. I just assess everything on a case by case basis. Some people deserve no response other than "God dont like ugly."

dior_diva

http://fotki.com/beyondcute

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2