CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

+58
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Karyn
ktoliver5303
Tamren
Mz. Thang
Vee
neethair
Erica5417
xtremelyperfect
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MellowOne
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
mochamoments
LaToya28
CrissyQ
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
NhappyJackie
MahoganyCurls
NubieNatty
Shauny
coilykinks
TerraD
bholmes87
StephanieB
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
SheeTacular
p_nuttie43
vonda4b
BindyMac08
diamondcurls
lovesunshine17
d.denise
BlakButterfli
dajewel
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
LilMsPuddles
traveljunkie08
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Freestyles
Juices-n-Berries
62 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by SheeTacular 31st December 2009, 1:04 pm

I know I'm late but welcome to the journey. Okay about the earring situation. Icing and Claire's carry plastic post covers with backs.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st December 2009, 1:55 pm

@sheetacular thanks for the heads up. I'll check there
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 31st December 2009, 2:00 pm

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! You can worry about your hair when you get back home. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st January 2010, 4:51 am

So. Good news folks. I cowashed today with HE HH. I like it much better than Suave coconut. But I think I'll need to find something even thicker once I get back home. Also, I found some IC Gel in the store. I tried it n so far I like it better than Ecostyler. And the best news is my Afroveda has been shipped priority mail. So it'll b waiting for me when I get back from my trip! Yay!

Have a blessed new year all!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st January 2010, 2:59 pm

Happy New Year!

Glad to hear the HE HH worked for you. Which EcoStyler Gel were you using? What'd you get from Afroveda???
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st January 2010, 3:10 pm

I was using the green Ecostyler. The problem may not lie with either gel tho. I'm probably not using them correctly. I'm going to YouTube how other ppl use them when I get back home. N save everything. My hair is still pretty short. Stuff may work differently once it gets longer.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st January 2010, 3:12 pm

From Afroveda I ordered the Butter Sampler and the Pur Whipped Jelly. I'll probably go back for some of the growth oils. But I have a feeling my hair will really like these butters. We shall see.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st January 2010, 3:29 pm

I think getting the sampler was a great idea. That way you can see if your hair responds to one better than the other before investing in the full size. I've been wanting to try the whipped jelly and curly custard (as well as the growth elixir), so let me know how you like those two products.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 6:01 pm

I like to use Aussie Moist Conditioner to co wash. It's pretty thick.

Happy New Year!! Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 6:03 pm

Happy New Year!

I am glad you are trying new things that may work for you. If you are looking for a heavier conditioner than HE HH, you can try Giovanni's 50-50 conditioner. It has more natural ingredients and thicker. Another line I like that has thick conditioners is Aubrey's Organics. I have tried their White Camellia and Honeysuckle Rose. Their GPB has protein and is also thick. I prefer thicker conditioners. If I open the container in a store and the product easily comes out--not going to purchase it.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st January 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check those out. I do have a question. After you cowash are you suppose to apply additional conditioner just like u would after shampooing? N do u use a light conditioner to cowash n then something thick as the conditioner?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 7:06 pm

MissLeggz wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check those out. I do have a question. After you cowash are you suppose to apply additional conditioner just like u would after shampooing? N do u use a light conditioner to cowash n then something thick as the conditioner?
Typically, curlies use a thinner conditioner to cowash and a thicker one to condition. When co-washing I focus on my scalp and when conditioning I focus on my hair from root to tip avoiding the scalp.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st January 2010, 7:20 pm

I use two separate conditioners when I use thin conditioners like Suave (which I only have 1/2 bottle of, thank goodness). After I finish up some of the more watery conditioners I have, I'm going to try to stick to a thicker conditioner that I can co-wash and condition/detangle with. I do it the same way Chrs does no matter what conditioner I use.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st January 2010, 7:27 pm

Oh ok. That makes more sense now. I suppose I didn't really understand the whole cowashing process before. I'm clear now. Thanks y'all. I'm really learning alot.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 1st January 2010, 7:40 pm

Shucks! That cleared up a lot for me as well! I co-washed with HH Hello Hydration today but didn't follow up with another conditioner (unless Giovanni Leave-In counts, lol). I never knew that I should follow up with a thick conditioner afterwards! Thanks MissLeggz, your question helped me out too!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st January 2010, 11:03 pm

I do the same thing. I co wash with VO5 Moisture Milks and follow up with Aussie Moist Conditioner.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd January 2010, 3:01 am

Yay! I helped someone. Indirectly that is... Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 2nd January 2010, 9:40 pm

Well guys. I'll be heading back to the mainland tonight n will arrive in the morning. As soon as I get back I'll post all the pictures i've promised. Later!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 2nd January 2010, 9:59 pm

Safe travels! And bundle up. Wink
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 2nd January 2010, 10:00 pm

Can't wait to see your island vacation pics!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd January 2010, 1:28 pm

Get back safely! Looking forward to pictures
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd January 2010, 9:11 pm

Well y'all. Im back. Thank God for a safe and very long flight. I'll post pics tonight after I get settled in.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 9:30 pm

I'm glad you made it back safe and cant wait to see some pics.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd January 2010, 11:37 pm

So we will have to wait awhile for the vacation pics as they are on my dad's camera and he had to go out of town. However, we will get down to the business of hair. I finally took some pics of my hair without the twists. Here goes...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd January 2010, 11:46 pm

These are pictures of my hair while wet with no product

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Dscn0210

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Dscn0211

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 4 Dscn0212
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next