CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

+58
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Karyn
ktoliver5303
Tamren
Mz. Thang
Vee
neethair
Erica5417
xtremelyperfect
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MellowOne
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
mochamoments
LaToya28
CrissyQ
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
NhappyJackie
MahoganyCurls
NubieNatty
Shauny
coilykinks
TerraD
bholmes87
StephanieB
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
SheeTacular
p_nuttie43
vonda4b
BindyMac08
diamondcurls
lovesunshine17
d.denise
BlakButterfli
dajewel
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
LilMsPuddles
traveljunkie08
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Freestyles
Juices-n-Berries
62 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 3 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th December 2009, 12:07 pm

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 3 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th December 2009, 3:12 am

Aloha curlies! I am writing to u from Waikiki in Hawaii. One of the reasons I wanted to do by BC is for this trip. I refuse to come all this way and not do anything for fear of getting my hair wet. Lol. I'll keep u guys posted on my hair experiences on the trip. Aloha!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th December 2009, 3:33 pm

Enjoy your vacation! Hike up Diamond Head if you dare. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 27th December 2009, 8:02 pm

Dang, we have got to get outta KC. Hawaii would be like another world for us. Have a great trip..
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2009, 12:51 am

Enjoy! It is a beautiful place. I hope to visit with my husband in the next few years. If you can go snorkeling at Horseshoe Bay (think that's the name). The ice cream with beans and their 'donuts' are quite tasty.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 28th December 2009, 1:28 am

Oooohh! Hawaii is beautiful isn't it? Went to Maui two years ago and it was absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics from Waikiki and your various adventures...ENJOY!

---Reese Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 3 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th December 2009, 3:52 am

We plan on doing the diamondhead hike but I don't know if I'm cut out lol. I look small and in shape but I can't exercise to save my life lol. We'll see. It's indeed a beautiful place. Also, I took the twists out today so I'm saying hello to the fro. Lol. At last.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 28th December 2009, 9:37 am

Lol @ "Hello to the fro!" Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 3 Lol

--Reese Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 3 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th December 2009, 11:37 am

Enjoy your trip! I cant wait to see pics!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2009, 2:09 pm

I loved Hawaii...enjoy and take tons of pics!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 28th December 2009, 3:20 pm

get it girl!!!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 28th December 2009, 9:23 pm

MissLeggz wrote:We plan on doing the diamondhead hike but I don't know if I'm cut out lol. I look small and in shape but I can't exercise to save my life lol. We'll see. It's indeed a beautiful place. Also, I took the twists out today so I'm saying hello to the fro. Lol. At last.

If I was able to make it up Diamond Head, trust me, you can. It's worth it to get to the top. And Hanauma Bay is definitely one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see.

Can't wait to see the fro!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th December 2009, 10:45 pm

That's it Hanauma Bay! Do your best to visit it--great snorkeling.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 2:08 am

Help. Quick. Please. I need to find someone else with my hair type because I have no idea what to do with my hair. The twists more or less were like an extension of my transition. Now that I have this fro, I am thoroughly confused. I see a curl pattern more or less on my hair. But so thick and so much and shrinks up like a sponge. I'd say it's at least 4c if not type 5 hair that supposedly exists. I haven't really seen anyone on the site with this hair type on the site. Most ppl here seem to be 3b/c, 4a/b But if someone could tell me something, that'd b great. Thanks in advance.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 11:14 am

Someone else may disagree, but I really don't think you should overly concern yourself with hair type. I think you're just at a place where you need to find out what works for your hair (in terms of products and styles), and that takes some trial and error regardless of hair type. So please don't get discouraged.

Hair shrinkage is kinda par for the course when you're natural. That's why so many of us do things like twist outs, braid outs, bantu knot outs, etc. to try to stretch the hair (this can also help with tangles and such).

Being in the sun and ocean could be having an impact on your hair. Are you having any dryness or other specific problems?
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th December 2009, 11:19 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:Someone else may disagree, but I really don't think you should overly concern yourself with hair type. I think you're just at a place where you need to find out what works for your hair (in terms of products and styles), and that takes some trial and error regardless of hair type. So please don't get discouraged.

Hair shrinkage is kinda par for the course when you're natural. That's why so many of us do things like twist outs, braid outs, bantu knot outs, etc. to try to stretch the hair (this can also help with tangles and such).

Being in the sun and ocean could be having an impact on your hair. Are you having any dryness or other specific problems?

I totally agree. Are you trying to achieve a certain style? Can you be more specific?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 12:30 pm

I'm not concerned with my hair type as in I don't like it. I just don't know what to do with it. I feel like Naijabelle with the Robert Downey Jr thing. I know that my hair, as tightly coiled as it is can look great. With the proper tools and styling. I'd just like to know what that consists of. I've been cowashing with suave. I use Giovanni leave in. N I mixed a combo of EVOO n cocount oil. I also tried putting some Ecostyler gel in. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Afroveda n Butters n Bars. I thought it would get here before my BC. So I'm stuck with only what I can by at Whole Foods.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 12:32 pm

As for the current state of my hair. It's extremely dry. N it looks like I have a sponge mat on my head or something. It's crunchy to the touch. N when I press it it goes in like when u press a sponge. If I pull it it stays there. Then shrivels back up. I'd post a pic but I don't know how from my phone.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 30th December 2009, 12:51 pm

Based on your description it seems we have a similar hair type and Im still new at this myself so i can't help you much but I must say to prevent dryness Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and their Castor and Moringa Softening Serum work wonders on my hair and they have nice citrus scents.

I DC'd last night with Olive oil and coconut oil and my hair feels great, now Im about to do two strand twist (wish my luch as Ive never done my own hair before LOL).
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 1:08 pm

I wasn't suggesting that you don't like your hair type. I just don't think it's that helpful in determining what's going to work for you (at least it hasn't been helpful for me). Trial and error and patience will help you figure that out.

Is the pic of you in the Obama tee on Facebook what your hair looks like now? Even if not, it looks cute. But I realize it may not feel good. Dry hair after the BC is normal. It took about 2 weeks or so for the dryness to go away after I BC'd. In the meantime, no style looked good cuz my hair was as dry as the Sahara.

You may need something heavier and creamier than what you're using. The Suave and Giovanni are a little light and watery. The crunchiness could be because of the gel or the coconut oil or b/c your hair is dry. My hair does not like coconut oil. If I use it on dry hair, it is crunchy....like you can hear it making a crunchy noise.

Just to try to get you through the rest of your vacation, maybe you can try pre-pooing with just the EVOO overnight, then co-wash the next morning, and apply the Gio and EVOO. If you can twist your own hair, put in a few twists and then wear something over your head (a hat, cute scarf, etc.) while you're in the sun and see if that helps. You can take the twists out at night for dinner or whatever if you want.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 2:06 pm

@adiaha- Good luck with your twists. I actually did some last night. They r still wet this morning so I haven't taken them down. We shall see.

@traveljunkie Thats me in the fb pic. It looks decent but feels awful. I'm not sure if my hair likes coconut oil either. When I put it in sans gel the first time it flakes some sort of way. I do think I need something a bit heavier than the Giovanni n Suave. Any suggestions? Although I'm limited until I get back to the mainland.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th December 2009, 2:19 pm

Try Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's thicker and creamier than the Suave. You can leave some in too if you like. If you're going to co-wash again before you leave Hawaii, you can get it there. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a drugstore on the main strip (can't think of the name of the street). It's usually around $2.99.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 2:51 pm

Yes I've seen it at the ABC store. I think I'll pick some up. Thanks.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th December 2009, 4:06 pm

Oh n I just realized that the fb pic u were talking about. The twists were still in then. Just a bit fuzzy. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st December 2009, 5:26 am

So the twists I've been rocking today are horrible in comparison to how twists should look. But they look cute on me, so I guess that's good. Better than my futile attempt at a fro. I'm sure my hair will be happy to leave Hawaii. Me on the other hand...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next