CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School Stress

+8
Humblebug
purplec18
lumii
ladykay6
Karyn
4evatete
NaturallyBriaful
MaBelle81
12 posters

Go down

High School Stress Empty High School Stress

Post by MaBelle81 1st October 2010, 9:13 pm

I'm a senior and my year has been pretty stressful. All these college apps and essays, SAT II lit exam on oct 9, SAT in november, and the fact that my school has an inadequate guidance dept. thankfully, i got a good guidance counselor. If you're a senior, how are you dealing with all this craziness or if you're not a senior how do you deal with stress in general?

MaBelle81

Back to top Go down

High School Stress Empty Re: High School Stress

Post by NaturallyBriaful 1st October 2010, 11:25 pm

Im a juinor, and yes. Iam really stressed out. Iv been juggling with passing my classes, especially algebra and everything else. I literally had a breakdown at school and had to talk to my counselor about it. Clearly my junior year is my hardest year ever and this is the first time when i saw a F on my progress report so iv been trying to get my grades, up. But Im doing much better. Smile
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by 4evatete 1st October 2010, 11:50 pm

someone who knows what im feeling right now. im a junior and im a new school this year and its an IB which is pretty hard drom my past to years. And i failed my first test this month and i almost died!!! may i add it was algebra which is my worst subject
4evatete
4evatete

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 2nd October 2010, 1:09 am

Yes!!!omg algebra has been kicking my ass lately! x( But i passed my test for the first time yesterday. Smile so it'll get better. And why did you change schools?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 3rd October 2010, 5:17 am

are you doing early admission op? i don't plan on doing early admission because i'm still tryna figure out where i wanna go LOL (which is kinda sad). where are you applying? i'm taking the sat in october and november, yay -_- good luck!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 4th October 2010, 1:09 pm

Well, smart old me took it upon my self to participate in the AKA Debutante in conjuction with a part-time job, and an enormous range of extra curricular activites..

I have college decisions.. an SAT to take, and applications (college as well as scholarship) to complete and send out...

My head is spinning at the thought of AP Calculus.. I really need an A or B.. at the moment I have a C.... Quarter ends at the end of this month... It's imperative to my GPA that I get all A's this year...

I hate stress and it seems like I have self inflicted the majority of it.. Sad

Academically I'm doing much better than I was last year.. Sitting on all A's and a C at the moment.. in all Honors or AP classes, but leaving little room for a social life.. and my hair Sad
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 4th October 2010, 2:00 pm

I'm aslo a junior but my school in Germany goes to class 13!
From 11/2 - 13 my grades will count for my final degree which is why I really have to buckle up and improve my grades.
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by MaBelle81 4th October 2010, 7:42 pm

Im doing all regular decision, idk if i would be able to survive if i did any early decision or action. Im applying to northeastern, boston college, boston university, sacred heart university, howard i cant even think of the rest. as of now, i have little time for social life with all the studying and the app process and no time for my hair, it looks so pathetic i just stick it in a bun.

Good luck with the SATs and college and everything! Very Happy

MaBelle81

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 6th October 2010, 1:39 pm

Ok, one thing is down and out of the way so stress levels are slowly declining.. THANKFULLY ! June 10, 2011 HERE I COME !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by MaBelle81 6th October 2010, 7:08 pm

@ladykay6 June 1st for me, can't believe it. It seems so far away now but the year's probably gonna zip by. But as soon as all these apps are done I'm heading straight to the mall for some major retail therapy lol

MaBelle81

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 7th October 2010, 11:39 am

I know that's right ! lol the mall and bss are going to be my best friends !

P.S. I got a B on my CALCULUS TEST !!! cheers woot!
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by MaBelle81 7th October 2010, 7:07 pm

Congrats, im taking a calc test tomorrow (of course my teacher gives us a test the day before the SATs) and i really have to do well, progress reports are getting mailed out next week.

keep your fingers crossed for a big ol' A+ on my calculus test!

MaBelle81

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 8th October 2010, 10:30 pm

I am in college, and stress does take its tole on you. You can let these thing stress you out though, the most important thing is your health. If you find yourself getting over stressed out just take a break and forget about everything for a day, ( im not saying if you have a test 2moro that you shouldnt study and give up), but study and do your work on time. The key to not being stressed is time management.
I wish you all the best in your senior year, mines sucked! but hope yours is awesome!!!!!!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 9th October 2010, 9:00 pm

Going good. Procrastination hasn't gone too far up my ass. I'm a senior too, but I have chem, functions ,and religion. Easy semester, which could turn against me when it comes to next semester. I already have my top choice university, I'm excited Smile.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 14th October 2010, 7:38 pm

im a senior too and it is CRAZY!! but i hear its just the first half nd itll get better... i hope so.. b.c i am already an emotional wreck especially when i have so much to think about and tooo much to do. so hair wise-i have nooo time. BUT on monday i did my hair in really tiny twists to wear for the rest of the week and i will be wearing them out on saturday- only because i have a party to go to lol if i dont go b.c i have a party to go to lol but if i didnt id just keep them until monday morning then wear the twist out a couple days.. im gonna have to start doing that very often because the amount of time i have right now and my emotional patience for all of this is VERY, VERY little. i need a new blow dryer so i can blow my hair out and do braids or twists on my own hair.. just so it can last a month or so.. i need it and my hair does need a break, has anyone tried the blow dryer that has a handle and i see it alot on youtube. anyone?
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 14th October 2010, 7:40 pm

purplec18 wrote:I am in college, and stress does take its tole on you. You can let these thing stress you out though, the most important thing is your health. If you find yourself getting over stressed out just take a break and forget about everything for a day, ( im not saying if you have a test 2moro that you shouldnt study and give up), but study and do your work on time. The key to not being stressed is time management.
I wish you all the best in your senior year, mines sucked! but hope yours is awesome!!!!!!

thats a good peice of advise Very Happy
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 14th October 2010, 11:45 pm

I'm taking the PSAT on Saturday. Shocked lol.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 17th October 2010, 9:35 pm

howd the test go lol (@Bun_Ana)
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 17th October 2010, 11:08 pm

The test was ok. I feel like I have a better idea of what I need to work on, so I can't complain.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 18th October 2010, 8:15 pm

oky
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

Back to top Go down

High School Stress Empty Potential First African American Valedictorian

Post by aliyakeys 29th October 2010, 12:44 am

My year is pretty stressful right now. I go to a predominantly white high school with probably 2 or 3% African-American. I'm a freshman but I'm stressing out trying to become the First African-American Valedictorian ever at RHS(my school) Very Happy I'm so confident that I'm going to get it, I feel like I might be at the brink of arrogance confused. Anyway for midterms I got 3 As and 1 B, So im gonna try to get all as for the finals.

Pray for me,
aliyakeys

None are so blind as those who cannot see.
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 30th October 2010, 10:19 pm

that is sooo amazing @alyakeys i believe in you
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturelle 9th November 2010, 12:22 pm

@aliya keys awesome, that is such a great thing to strive for. it will really pay off in the end once you begin your college admission process later down the road.
i'm a senior now, and I wish i had taken more advantage of the opportunities in my high school. I go to a predominately white school as well, and I wish I had made a bigger statement as an african american female.
however, i will be graduating early with a 3.85 GPA and Honors. dance
and i'll be attending a 4-year university for accounting (such a boring major I know but I eventually want to be an entreprenuer and start my own wedding planning business)

good luck beauties.
naturelle
naturelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down