CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

+58
BeautifullyImpurfekt
Karyn
ktoliver5303
Tamren
Mz. Thang
Vee
neethair
Erica5417
xtremelyperfect
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
MellowOne
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
mstokes2008
jlowman1
Muz
mochamoments
LaToya28
CrissyQ
tiashaunteƩ
CocoEuro
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
NhappyJackie
MahoganyCurls
NubieNatty
Shauny
coilykinks
TerraD
bholmes87
StephanieB
MsJay1121
SisterBoyd
KinkyNappyHappy
CocaColaCutie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
SheeTacular
p_nuttie43
vonda4b
BindyMac08
diamondcurls
lovesunshine17
d.denise
BlakButterfli
dajewel
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
LilMsPuddles
traveljunkie08
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Freestyles
Juices-n-Berries
62 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 2 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd December 2009, 3:00 am

Please help me with this.

So, for most earrings are a big part of natural styling, especially when you're rocking a TWA. The problem is since the time I've been little, I haven't really been able to wear earrings. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to them in some way, but even when I was a baby my mom tried silver, gold, pre metals, hypoallergenic, and everything irritated my ears. The same holds true today. I'm ok if I wear them for a few hrs. But if I wear them all day, my ears start to pus and crust. Needless to say, I've been wearing them for the past 2 days since my BC. My right ear is now turning black at the hole and even bleeds. It is extremely sore to the touch. I would really like to be able to wear earrings but I fear that my skin just won't allow it. Does anyone else out there have this problem, or have any suggestions on what I should try?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 2 Empty Re: Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly!

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd December 2009, 2:55 pm

i used to have this exact same problem when I was younger. I was allergic to the nickel in some earrings. Since then, I've made sure that I only wear earrings with sterling silver or gold posts and backs.

So check your earrings and see if their made of nickel. If they are, you're probably allergic.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd December 2009, 4:21 pm

My mom said she tried every type of metal. Silver, gold, etc... They all do the same thing. I might try stainless steel. I think those are the ones they give u when u first get a piercing. But I've got to try something. My ears are angry with me! Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BindyMac08 22nd December 2009, 4:48 pm

Congrats on your BC! You look amazing.
BindyMac08
BindyMac08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd December 2009, 5:02 pm

I'm sorry about your ears. Have you tried clip ons? A friend of mine ears are not pierced but she purchases earrings for pierced ears all the time. There is this conversion clip (I made that name up) that you put on earrings for pierced ears that makes them a clip ons.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 23rd December 2009, 1:49 am

MissLeggz wrote:My mom said she tried every type of metal. Silver, gold, etc... They all do the same thing. I might try stainless steel. I think those are the ones they give u when u first get a piercing. But I've got to try something. My ears are angry with me! Lol

Wow, so even silver and gold posts irritate your ears? Hopefully stainless steel works for you!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd December 2009, 3:00 am

Yes. Even expensive pure metals. I'm half Liberian and my dad brings back gold from Africa. That too causes issues. :-(
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd December 2009, 6:03 am

So, as a new natural, I'm hearing all this talk about conditioners and they should have good slip. What is slip??? Lol. Someone, please help.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd December 2009, 12:04 pm

Slip is when a conditioner helps detangle. Some conditioners with slip include Aussie Moist, Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration, Hydralicious & Totally Twisted and Organix coconut.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 23rd December 2009, 11:45 pm

Another awesome conditioner is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. And when I say awesome I mean AWESOME!! lol Smile
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th December 2009, 12:01 am

I just had a love affair with Giovanni Smooth as Silk...O MY WORD!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 24th December 2009, 12:34 am

Missleggz your coils are HOTT, honey. Makes me want to BC I know I have enough hair for that style, but alas I am not brave enough, but you are very inspiring. I have you tried earrings that have a plastic post? I too have a problem with earrings doing the same thing to my ears. I have to wear either 10 or 14K gold jewelry, earrings, necklaces, rings. I have eczema so my skin is very sensative.

My sis and I have found that gold mixed with nickel causes serious breakouts for us.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th December 2009, 1:57 am

Please guys! NO MORE PRODUCTS! NO MORE PRODUCTS! I already have a gazillion and I haven't even been natural a whole week! LOL! bounce
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th December 2009, 1:58 am

vonda4b wrote:Missleggz your coils are HOTT, honey. Makes me want to BC I know I have enough hair for that style, but alas I am not brave enough, but you are very inspiring. I have you tried earrings that have a plastic post? I too have a problem with earrings doing the same thing to my ears. I have to wear either 10 or 14K gold jewelry, earrings, necklaces, rings. I have eczema so my skin is very sensative.

My sis and I have found that gold mixed with nickel causes serious breakouts for us.

I say GO FOR IT! It's just hair. Plus it will grow even faster once you remove the relaxed ends. I haven't tried the plastic posts yet. I'll have to check that out.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 2 Empty No Accessories for Me

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th December 2009, 2:02 am

So guys, it's official. Me and accessories just aren't meant to be. I'd forgotten, but was quickly reminded while trying some on in the store, that all headbands and hair clips, combs, you name it, give me a really bad headache. Let alone wearing one for a day. Time that band hit my head it began to throb. What to do? What to do? I want to "girly-fy" my look, but when earrings and headbands can only be used sparingly, what should I do? Any ideas?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 24th December 2009, 2:41 am

Aww, I'm so sorry about your earring and accessory problem. Anything that I know about earrings has been suggested. As for the accessories, are they too tightly applied. Do you suffer from migraines or headaches without headbands? Have you tried different sizes or different materials (such as cloth headbands instead of plastic)? What about bobby pins? If you can use them there are many hair pins with designs. Hope this helps Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 2 Confused
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 24th December 2009, 2:46 am

I don't have migraines or headaches. In fact, there have been times when I get a headache and I forgot I had a clip in my hair. I start feeling my head and there it is sure enough. When I take it out, I am fine in about an hr. I haven't really tried all the different kinds. I guess I'll have to do so. But this experimentation is expensive!!! Lol! I dunno why I thought being natural would save me money. Bobby pins work ok for me. Perhaps I'll look into some designs with those. Thanks!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 2:56 pm

To help "girl-fy" you look, you can use makeup. Great makeup application can definitely bring out your wonderful facial features. If you are like me and know little about make up, there are great ones on YT. I want to start doing my eyes. I like QueenofBlending MUA.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2009, 2:59 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:To help "girl-fy" you look, you can use makeup. Great makeup application can definitely bring out your wonderful facial features. If you are like me and know little about make up, there are great ones on YT. I want to start doing my eyes. I like QueenofBlending MUA.

I need to check her out. I usually stick with one color on my eyes....you cant mess that up. LOL! I want to learn more.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th December 2009, 8:17 pm

For a headband, try the Goody Ouchless headband. It's flexible, so you can adjust the ends so they aren't putting too much pressure on your head. I bought one and I think it was about $4. I have other headbands, but it's really the only one I need (and the one I wear most often). Goody also makes some elastic headbands with satin on them that are pretty comfortable too. You can get two of those for around $3 at WalMart.

You can make your own hair accessories on the cheap. I've had good success with that before. Bargain Princess has a YouTube video on how she makes some w/ bobby pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsKgDuUpuE

Speaking of bobby pins, the best ones I have are from Scunci (sp?). I think they're called "no slip grip". They cost a little more than other bobby pins, but they're worth it in my opinion.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 24th December 2009, 8:29 pm

Girl your hair is FAB-U-LOS! and your rockin it in that dress! I do agree that I think a redish brown tint would go great with your skin color. keep it up and i will definately be watchin your thread.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th December 2009, 1:41 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:For a headband, try the Goody Ouchless headband. It's flexible, so you can adjust the ends so they aren't putting too much pressure on your head. I bought one and I think it was about $4. I have other headbands, but it's really the only one I need (and the one I wear most often). Goody also makes some elastic headbands with satin on them that are pretty comfortable too. You can get two of those for around $3 at WalMart.

You can make your own hair accessories on the cheap. I've had good success with that before. Bargain Princess has a YouTube video on how she makes some w/ bobby pins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsKgDuUpuE

Speaking of bobby pins, the best ones I have are from Scunci (sp?). I think they're called "no slip grip". They cost a little more than other bobby pins, but they're worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the goody ones. Do they sell those at Walmart too? I dunno about making my own. I'm not sure if I have the skills. Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th December 2009, 1:43 am

p_nuttie43 wrote:Girl your hair is FAB-U-LOS! and your rockin it in that dress! I do agree that I think a redish brown tint would go great with your skin color. keep it up and i will definately be watchin your thread.

Thanks maam!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th December 2009, 2:13 am

Well I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I bought a headband, that I'll only probably wear for 30 minutes lol. But it's really pretty. I'll post pics. Ya'll have a good day!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 25th December 2009, 11:05 pm

Yes, you can get the ouchless headband at WalMart. The packaging looks something like this:

Juices-n-Berries xal is high and fly! - Page 2 45358510
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next