CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 1:13 am

LOL Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 11:56 am

DAY#5

First, you know you have a problem when you wake up in the morning thinking about posting on CurlyNikki.com!!!

Last night I applied Bee Mine Growth Serum w/ Sulfur, spritzed some distilled water, and sealed my ends with BNB shea butter-green apple.

Additionally, I conducted a little experiment:
As some of you know I live about a 1/2 inch of my hair along my hairline to give my "girls" a more natural appearance.

Well last night I separated that section into three, applied different moisturizers, flat twisted and covered with a satin bonnet:

Section 1. Miss Jessies Baby Buttercream
Section 2. Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
Section 3. Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter

RESULTS:
Section 1. Best Moisturization, least twist out definition
Section 2. Good Moisturization, best twist out definition
Section 3. Least Moisturization, good twist out definition
*I may need to shampoo or clarify and retest the experiment so that there is no contamination of any other products

So here is today's girl:

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0116
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0117
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0118

Stay tuned for more girls...

Last edited by Freestyles on 17th December 2009, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 12:24 pm

You are not the only one doing that! LOL! I read the blog first, then I head on over here to find out what I missed last night.

What's your "girl's" name?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 4:27 pm

Her name is Avah!I'm trying to post from my blackberry so I hope this comes through properly!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th December 2009, 6:59 pm

lmaoooooo@ your girls. I was like is she a stylist..who are these girls so I had to start from the beginning! I LOVE IT!! YOU BETTA WORK!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 9:48 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:lmaoooooo@ your girls. I was like is she a stylist..who are these girls so I had to start from the beginning! I LOVE IT!! YOU BETTA WORK!

Thanks Sweetdrk1! My "girl's" keep things interesting while trying to "baby my tresses." Come back to see tomorrow's girl!

--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 17th December 2009, 10:51 pm

I would like to try some girls but my Hubby hates fake hair.....marriage and compromise (sigh) But I still love him!
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 11:12 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I would like to try some girls but my Hubby hates fake hair.....marriage and compromise (sigh) But I still love him!

So true...I'm single but I can imagine. Hope my future husband doesn't mind my "girl's" I've got enough of them to open a small "girl shop." LMBO

--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 17th December 2009, 11:13 pm

Your thread fuego for real! I'm going to be checking up on you and "the girls" like my granma on her soaps!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2009, 11:36 pm

LilMsPuddles wrote:Your thread fuego for real! I'm going to be checking up on you and "the girls" like my granma on her soaps!

ROFL! lol!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 2:16 am

Ok seriously, you need to put me on to how you pick your wigs. I am thinking about getting 1 or 2 (straight and curly both short). I want to give my hair a rest for about 1 month or 2. I figured it is winter, what better time.

So what should I look for, how do I pick one, how much should they cost, human/synthetic, pins, clips/elastic?
C'MON girl spill the beans!!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th December 2009, 2:59 am

We are just about natural-Versary twins! My journey started either the end of January 08 or the beginning of February...wasn't a real calculated decision lol... And our hair is about the same length too - right at collarbone?

but your BC looked GREAT. And your curly wig can be Lacey? Or Lola? She's pretty fun but not too too wild lol. What did you end up naming her?
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 4:14 am

d.denise wrote:We are just about natural-Versary twins! My journey started either the end of January 08 or the beginning of February...wasn't a real calculated decision lol... And our hair is about the same length too - right at collarbone? but your BC looked GREAT. And your curly wig can be Lacey? Or Lola? She's pretty fun but not too too wild lol. What did you end up naming her?

I didn't name her, but guess what? You just did! I love the name Lacey! Her name is Officially Lacey. I am right at collarbone length, but I had heat damage in the front portion of my hair so that hair is much shorter because I cut it! Kinda stinks, huh? Here are some pics of the heat damage Evil or Very Mad :

SEW IN WEAVE THAT CAUSED THE HEAT DAMAGE:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4510
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4411
THAT DARN CHI IRON...I THOUGHT IT WAS SUCH A GOOD IDEA...WRONG!:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4610
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4611
THE UNFORTUNATE RESULTS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4711
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4810
FROM SADNESS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4712
TO ANGER:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4713
It was a great weave, but not worth the trouble! LESSON LEARNED: My hair is heat sensitive! I guess everyone would be if they used the CHI on a daily basis for a few weeks!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4714

When I find the pictures of when I cut off the damage...I'll post so I can show you! I cut it one night at work out of frustration! Didn't want to "transistion" out the damage! I tried and I tried to get my hair to return to it's original texture, but with no luck. The Michael Jackson "he-he" curl in the front was not a good look! So I had to toss my growth right in the trash!

--Reese afro

Last edited by Freestyles on 18th December 2009, 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 6:18 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Ok seriously, you need to put me on to how you pick your wigs. I am thinking about getting 1 or 2 (straight and curly both short). I want to give my hair a rest for about 1 month or 2. I figured it is winter, what better time.

So what should I look for, how do I pick one, how much should they cost, human/synthetic, pins, clips/elastic?
C'MON girl spill the beans!!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Lol

Okay, Okay IntelligentBeauty...I got you! I'll be doing a deep conditioning tonight so I'll post my step-by-step "girl instructions" sometime this weekend, promise! I'll stop by your thread when I post the pics!

--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th December 2009, 7:11 am

cool thank you Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 9:55 am

DAY#6

I am so running late for work. Here are a few photo's on "today's girl"...(actually taken last week). I'll update from my blackberry a little later...

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0013
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0014
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Img_0015

Have a great day ladies!

--Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th December 2009, 10:35 am

Freestyles wrote:
d.denise wrote:We are just about natural-Versary twins! My journey started either the end of January 08 or the beginning of February...wasn't a real calculated decision lol... And our hair is about the same length too - right at collarbone? but your BC looked GREAT. And your curly wig can be Lacey? Or Lola? She's pretty fun but not too too wild lol. What did you end up naming her?

I didn't name her, but guess what? You just did! I love the name Lacey! Her name is Officially Lacey. I am right at collarbone length, but I had heat damage in the front portion of my hair so that hair is much shorter because I cut it! Kinda stinks, huh? Here are some pics of the heat damage Evil or Very Mad :

SEW IN WEAVE THAT CAUSED THE HEAT DAMAGE:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4510
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4411
THAT DARN CHI IRON...I THOUGHT IT WAS SUCH A GOOD IDEA...WRONG!:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4610
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4611
THE UNFORTUNATE RESULTS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4711
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4810
FROM SADNESS:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4712
TO ANGER:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4713
It was a great weave, but not worth the trouble! LESSON LEARNED: My hair is heat sensitive! I guess everyone would be if they used the CHI on a daily basis for a few weeks!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 2 100_4714

When I find the pictures of when I cut off the damage...I'll post so I can show you! I cut it one night at work out of frustration! Didn't want to "transistion" out the damage! I tried and I tried to get my hair to return to it's original texture, but with no luck. The Michael Jackson "he-he" curl in the front was not a good look! So I had to toss my growth right in the trash!

--Reese afro

See that is my biggest fear. Heat damage. I dont have the desire to straighten my hair but when I get it professionally trimmed/cut, I want it to be straight. I cant risk someone lying to me, saying they know how to work with natural hair. I will be going to the salon with my hair already straight.

LOVE THE LAST PIC!! How do you take such good car shot?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 11:55 am

OMGoodness, I adore today's girl. She is fierce.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 1:54 pm

Thanks, her name is Davis but I think I'll call her FIERCE from now on just because of you!

-Reese.
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 2:16 pm

@lynnieluve: Lesson learned! I did it to myself. Went in for a "full head" weave but then decided to expose some of my hair for a more natural look. Then I flat ironed it daily for a few weeks. Big mistake!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 2:20 pm

@lynnieluve: Lesson learned! I did it to myself. Went in for a "full head" weave but then decided to expose some of my hair for a more natural look. Then I flat ironed it daily for a few weeks. Big mistake!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 18th December 2009, 2:45 pm

i never really thought about heat damage until after i BC'd, but now...i'm sure that i don't want to str8n my hair for a looooong time!

--> i LOVE your girl today! FIERCE is definitely fitting!

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 18th December 2009, 5:35 pm

Heat damage is my fear too, I wont be straighting my hair for a minute. Did u use cermanic flat iron?? I heard that certain flat iron can prevent heat damage....but im not sure if I believe that hype.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th December 2009, 6:36 pm

please believe we are real live hair twins! lol sew-ins were my transitioning method of choice and that hair is super straight around the edges. and even after I was all natural I thought I was ok to just keep getting presses every other month...ummm NO. I only recently stopped pressing 3 months ago and I have had to chop at least 2 or 3 inches off because that hair wouldn't revert. Now I am afraid to let anyone else straighten my hair too... and if I do decide to get my hair straightened again, they will have to stop before they get to the ends of my hair lol. I'm more afraid of the split ends than the reversion - low heat can typically control the reversion but please stay away from my ends!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 18th December 2009, 8:02 pm

I don't mind using heat as a length check, but only a small section. I may try to flat iron again but it won't be a regular occurence that's for sure! I'm thinking maybe once per year? Any thoughts?
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next