CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 3 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 3:42 am

Shocked i would tear that rite aid up
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 3 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by NylaCoils 21st January 2011, 10:55 am

@Nubie- shhhhh don't tell anybody but I got 7 lipsticks- 4 blushes- 2 eyeshadow palettes and 1 Tresemme Naturals conditioner! The sad part is I want to go back for me. 2 of my out of state friends got gifts coming to them!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st January 2011, 12:06 pm

NylaCoils wrote:@Nubie- shhhhh don't tell anybody but I got 7 lipsticks- 4 blushes- 2 eyeshadow palettes and 1 Tresemme Naturals conditioner! The sad part is I want to go back for me. 2 of my out of state friends got gifts coming to them!!

Nyla this is what happens when you become a makeup addict, you start buying makeup for everybody! I now buy stuff for friends, my mom and my sisters when I see stuff on sale.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Myeka33 21st January 2011, 1:11 pm

Ladies ladies ladies! Tell me why I've been to CVS three times this week looking for a nude lipstick and lipglosses....found some that i liked and some that werent so nice.....and yesterday i got 7 loreal hip duo shadows for like $2 bucks and some change bounce ....and then today they have a sale on Loreal Infallible lipglosses (my sis got me hip to these) for $5....this makeup thing is addictive drunken
Myeka33
Myeka33

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st January 2011, 7:15 pm

So I totally said I wasnt gonna buy anything else for a while but my justification is that I had a coupon from Ulta (Dont judge me)! lol

I got a couple things by NYX: lipgloss in African Queen (thanks Dva, color is gorgeous) and Smoky Look, lipstick in Tea Rose, Dark Brown Jumbo EP and an Slim Lip Pencil eyebrow pencil in Brown...

@myeka3... My local CVS had some good stuff but it still wasnt as cheap as I've seen others get from this sale. I guess thats a good thing though because Im not so antsy to buy anything. lol

Last edited by jlowman1 on 22nd January 2011, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 21st January 2011, 7:29 pm

Hey ladies!
Just poppin in to see what y'all been up to. Everyone is looking gorg!

MissMoriah I'm loving your nude look.
Nubie your blending is looking good.
Brandi you are a star!
Karyn, once you add some primer those color will pop!

Have a great weekend ladies! I have a few things goin on this weekend so I will have some looks to post on Monday.

FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 21st January 2011, 11:17 pm

Thanks ladies! Glad I could help Nubie!!! I am suppose to be going out tomorrow with my friend for her birthday so I should have something for yall tomorrow. Keep the looks coming ladies!!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 22nd January 2011, 12:03 am

black Up Cosmetics has anyone heard of this line? While perusing the Essence fashion/beauty blog I checked out the video. Brown Bombshell Beauty also featured the brand on her blog. The eye shadows look great. I might have to invest in this brand. I'm ready to step up my game, I've pretty much graduated from the ELF brand. Laughing
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd January 2011, 12:32 am

Hey ladies! I've always been a 99cent lipgloss type of girl... But lately my curly tresses (and a car accident) have inspired me to go BOLD ......and buy some foundation. lol I learned how to put it on properly and I love it. The first lipstick I brought was MAC Ruby Woo. It is so banging! dance But now I'm looking for something more work appropriate and I've noticed a lot of ladies doing a nude lip. Any suggestions before I make another trip to the MAC counter?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 12:42 am

Hey Y'all...

I've just been stalkin' this thread for the longest.

I've finally decided to hop on in. So...here I go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm working with "cheapy" products so far...I have to work my way up to MAC and Urban Decay! LOL But, I will have to get that UD primer though. Very Happy And I do need some brushes...and I want a palatte...lol! Oh, no...more products to buy! ;-)

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 12:51 am

Sweet...

You sound like me...I felt I was too dark for some colors, as well. But, hey, these sistas in here are so encouraging! LOL So, just go for it! You look good, gurl! Very Happy

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd January 2011, 1:10 am

Ryl - Looking good! Glad you finally joined in. Definitely try the UD primer. There are some good cheapy products out there: Black Radiance, Wet n Wild, NYX, covergirl. As long as you have a good primer you can use any products.

@ Mandisgonecurly - If you're looking for a MAC nude lipstick some of the ladies around here have mentioned Siss by MAC. If you want to save money also check out NYX lipsticks at your local BSS, I can't remember the colors mentioned previously but NYX also has good Nude colors.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 22nd January 2011, 1:14 am

RYL- this post "REELED" us in! LOL. Tell SWEET - she bedda werk!!! Ryl loves must be working for you!! Looks good!! Are there wedding plans in the air???

Sweet just dont know the issues that I had about putting on makeup and covering my scars. I'm real funny about my eyes.

My eyes and my nose was split down the middle, during my car accident. That issue alone makes me have to work extra with concealer.

I still feel crazy, about putting eye shadow on them, because i think that brings attention to my eyes. What a Face
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2011, 1:19 am

Hey KC...you know I stare at your pics and try to do what you've done! LMAO Yeah, I gotta get that primer. ;-)

Hey Nyla...thank you gurl! LOL He "slides" comments about marriage in er'ry now and then. I let them slide by...come with the "rang" bruh...then I'll hear you better! Very Happy

You are looking good woman...don't let your scars deter you! And quiet as it's kept...YOU trip off the scars more than others. I know from experience! Glam up and go...YOU BEDDA WERK! ;-)

Yes, I've been reeled in! I got a list for the MAC counter! Shocked

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ainsleytom 22nd January 2011, 3:29 am

I think it's a change of weather I'm used to open yet. YTC I used a mask twice a week and put an antibiotic cream. I'm open to good information from you.

Ainsleytom

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 2:08 pm

Hello ladies....

I think I did better. I swear I was packing! lol! I think I need to invest in some good brushes. As always thanks for any suggestions!

sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd January 2011, 3:48 pm

@sweet - it looks good and I can tell you packed the color on!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 22nd January 2011, 9:53 pm

krazy coils wrote:Karyn I like the colors you're using. Trying packing a little more color on the next time or use a primer or base underneath to make the colors show a little more.

i have the cheapie elf mineral eyeshadow primer and i know the ud primer potion is supposed to be the bomb, but i have no job and i'm cheap lol :/ plus, i'm positive my mom wouldn't buy it for me. oh well. thanks!

brandiitneka wrote:
I feel you! I was scared to put on ant color at first too but I started watching youtube videos to get ideas and its been on and poppin ever since!

lol i tried to put on bright blue eyeshadow the other day, but quickly wiped it off. i need to ease into i guess =P

NubieNatty wrote:
@karyn-ur skin is gorgeous, i can already tell from the forehead down, lol and even though u are too shy to post full face Mad all i'd recommend is the primer too! love the gold shimmers. i got my lil sis the nyx primer to start her off. we gonna work on those eyebrows next Wink u got a nice shape to em, now its time to fill em in!!!!

haha thanks nubie! where do you get the nyx primer? i know they sell it at ulta, but we don't have ulta in nyc as far as i know :/ lol, the funny thing is, those are my brows filled in Neutral naturally, my eyebrow hairs are really thin. i just lightly fill them in with the anastasia brow duo powder and try to make them look as natural as possible

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Karyn I love it!

thanks!

FemmeFox wrote:
Karyn, once you add some primer those color will pop!

thanks! i think i'm gonna try the nyx primer. ud is too expensive for me lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd January 2011, 10:11 pm

@RYL, looking good lady! Welcome to your next addiction Smile . Like krazycoils wrote, a lot of cheaper brands have great lines of makeup. NYX and Wet n Wild are two I like and use often. A good primer I like is from Sally's. It does not show the brand name sorry. It comes in a small tube. It works just as good as my other primers, UD & Too Faced.

@sweet, you packed on the color bounce .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 23rd January 2011, 1:12 am

NylaCoils wrote:I got my concealer from Ben Nye and another one from Walmart. I actually like the walmart concealer better. I have yellowish/red undertones andPetrilude was saying something about concealers. I figured he knew what he was talking about, since he is concealing an ADAM'S APPLE - lol Sweet- you are not too dark!! My thing is trying to cover these scars and not picking something too dark, in doing so. I need to add color, as well!!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Did he actually do a video on that or was that a joke? either way it's hilarious.
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd January 2011, 3:13 pm

Hey Chrs...thanks for the tips! I'm heading to Sally's when it opens. :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 23rd January 2011, 3:23 pm

Pretty vee- he actually did it on a video!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 9:30 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Y'all...

I've just been stalkin' this thread for the longest.

I've finally decided to hop on in. So...here I go:

I'm working with "cheapy" products so far...I have to work my way up to MAC and Urban Decay! LOL But, I will have to get that UD primer though. Very Happy And I do need some brushes...and I want a palatte...lol! Oh, no...more products to buy! ;-)

Looking good girl!! Welcome to an addiction of another kind!! lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 9:32 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Hello ladies....

I think I did better. I swear I was packing! lol! I think I need to invest in some good brushes. As always thanks for any suggestions!

cute!!! dance I have no suggestions..not that I would cause I'm still learning myself. However, I agree with you about the brushes. I'm going to invest in some good brushes soon. Not sure when cause you know I'm just waiting on Feb 3rd....LOL

You did a good job Sweet!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th January 2011, 9:38 am

Umph wrote:black Up Cosmetics has anyone heard of this line? While perusing the Essence fashion/beauty blog I checked out the video. Brown Bombshell Beauty also featured the brand on her blog. The eye shadows look great. I might have to invest in this brand. I'm ready to step up my game, I've pretty much graduated from the ELF brand. Laughing

I was on the website this morning. I am going to look for a few reviews. I like my Elf neutral eye shadow palette, but I know what you mean about stepping up your game which I'm going to do with my eye shadows. Have you checked out BHCosmetics? NikCoils posted about their eye shadow palettes about a week ago.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next