CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd February 2011, 4:49 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have an Ulta gift card, I think I will go there today. I want to try one of those jumbo UD pencils!

Sweet I am cracking up over here. How many Ulta gift cards did you get? **over here just plain ole jealous** LOL

I want to buy some make-up so bad, but I really don't need anything!! Embarassed
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 8 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd February 2011, 4:52 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
DvaAuNaturel wrote:MAC Magenta Liner+NYX African Queen cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will post a pic later.

here is the pic.

here are 2 others I did

All about the Greys

I'm Loving Satin Taupe

Both looks from SongbirdDiva4Life.

Nice Dva....I love SongbirdDiva4Life. I was watching her favorite lipstick video wrote down the lipsticks I wanted to try; went to MAC and realized I left the note on my desk at work!! Rolling Eyes I was so out done!!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd February 2011, 5:07 pm

Everyone is looking so pretty. I've been so busy that I really haven't had a chance to post, but I've been lurking. Shocked Hey.....I want to share something with y'all before I post it on my blog...

I am no longer using a brow pencil to do my brows. I am now using this gel thingy from Avon. It's called Avon Pro Brow Enhancer. It has fibers in the gel that blends with your natural brow hairs. Now I have really sparse brows and when I used the brow pencil it was okay, but you could tell I had to pencil in my brows. However, with this enhancer I'm loving how natural my brows look now. cheers I've been using it for about a week now, and I just hit my Avon rep up for 3 more. (just in case it gets discontinued) Anyway...check it out!!

I'm still trying to perfect my brow technique, but I think I did okay on this picture. (not much lipstick left, but I had eaten dinner..LOL)

Also, another plus for me is, once the gel drys your brows are set. I ordered Dark Brown. This stuff doesn't come off until you remove your make-up!!! I'm just loving it!!! Just thought I would share this with you guys!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd February 2011, 5:48 pm

@knh-i need to try that brow thingy from avon! im always down to try somethin new, esp since im gettin ready to order the anastasia brow set from hsn (tweezers, brow wiz and brow gel for $29)

@u laydeez of color, i suggest Nars Dolce Vita for blush

@brandi; u must be readin my mind cuz im ready to dye my hair a honey blonde then do a henna gloss over top for some red. im gonna wait about 2 wks though so i dont dye my scalp!

@dva-oooooooooh them lips...GIRL, u make that african queen look reeeeal good. i love all the lips esp the red

funny jlo mentioned the foundation cuz im thinkin of at least exploring foundation myself. i feel like although my eyes are looking good, somethin is missing scratch i just dont want to totally get too consumed with foundation cuz my face gets blotchy with weather changes n i aint for addin n mixin 2-3 diff colors for the perfect combo! plus i gotta remember not to wipe my eyebrows off when im rubbin my forehead so i'd hate to smear foundation all over my hands Rolling Eyes

i need to revamp my brushes too! those ragedy ebay brushes arent on my level anymore since i stepped it up!

what are the MUST HAVE brushes we need instead of gettin a full set????
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd February 2011, 8:58 pm

@Nubie - I have the Dolce Vita blush and its so pretty on women of color. Also Exhibit A is another must have. Must have brushes for blending are the MAC 217 and 224. I want to check out the Sigma brushes also. I use the Elf eyeshadow brush and the small Sonia Kushiak for applying and packing on the shadow.

@Brandi - I found a pic I did a while ago with Orange and Brown. I did another look with Orange and purple but didn't take pics that day.

krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 3rd February 2011, 1:35 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Everyone is looking so pretty. I've been so busy that I really haven't had a chance to post, but I've been lurking. Shocked Hey.....I want to share something with y'all before I post it on my blog...

I am no longer using a brow pencil to do my brows. I am now using this gel thingy from Avon. It's called Avon Pro Brow Enhancer. It has fibers in the gel that blends with your natural brow hairs. Now I have really sparse brows and when I used the brow pencil it was okay, but you could tell I had to pencil in my brows. However, with this enhancer I'm loving how natural my brows look now. cheers I've been using it for about a week now, and I just hit my Avon rep up for 3 more. (just in case it gets discontinued) Anyway...check it out!!

I'm still trying to perfect my brow technique, but I think I did okay on this picture. (not much lipstick left, but I had eaten dinner..LOL)

Also, another plus for me is, once the gel drys your brows are set. I ordered Dark Brown. This stuff doesn't come off until you remove your make-up!!! I'm just loving it!!! Just thought I would share this with you guys!!!
Thanks for sharing about Avon! I totally forgot I had an avon.com account. The reviews for the enhancer were average and worth a try. I can't wait to get mine. Pencils would smear like crazy at days end and I would look bruised/battered monkey I can't wait to try.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd February 2011, 1:47 pm

Yes TY Chrs! I got the jumbo pencil set and the makeup artist kit!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd February 2011, 3:52 pm

NYX is definitely havin a bangin azz sale!!
wishlist:

spring lip set ($16) OR lip set ($18)
purple and gold set ($18.90)
nude pinks ($14.10)
and the concealer set ($13.20)-they have all the concealer colors and i cant remember the page femme did to give us the difference...ok so if yall find it email me or leave it on my CSJ thread.

i'll let my sis know about Exhibit A as well. im tryin to debate on what other color blush i want to conquer next....**evil laugh** MWWWAHAHAHAAA!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 3rd February 2011, 4:05 pm

Jlow- I saw the FIT foundation in walmart today, I was gonna get it but I think I am gonna try the Revlon Color Stay first. I love my MAC Studio Fix Liquid but I am trying to set a budget for my makeup so I gotta start shopping cheap!! Speaking of Revlon Color Stay, has anybody tried it yet? I watched a couple YT vids and some of the ladies have compared it to the Studio Fix but they said its not as thick. I think I am gonna pick spme up this weekend. Jlow, if you find the FIT, let us know how you like it.

Krazy- Very pretty orange eyes!! I am gonna have to swagger-jack that one!!! LOL!!

brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd February 2011, 4:11 pm

im scared to pick foundation on the whim at the stores cuz i have no idea how to match my color. i THINK im a medium per my concealer but i dnt wanna slather it on and look like i got a deep tan like im from jersey shore affraid
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd February 2011, 6:10 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Jlow- I saw the FIT foundation in walmart today, I was gonna get it but I think I am gonna try the Revlon Color Stay first. I love my MAC Studio Fix Liquid but I am trying to set a budget for my makeup so I gotta start shopping cheap!! Speaking of Revlon Color Stay, has anybody tried it yet? I watched a couple YT vids and some of the ladies have compared it to the Studio Fix but they said its not as thick. I think I am gonna pick spme up this weekend. Jlow, if you find the FIT, let us know how you like it.

Krazy- Very pretty orange eyes!! I am gonna have to swagger-jack that one!!! LOL!!

I found it @ Walmart and I love it. I also got the concealer and pressed powder. I have normal to dry skin and my color is 350 (for reference purposes). It matches my skin perfectly. They have like 4 shades for darker skin tones. Its a light coverage foundation, perfect for everyday wear. I didn't have to touch up throughout the day and the best part of all, the price is perfect. It was like $6.48 for the foundation and pressed powder and the concealer was like $5 and some change.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd February 2011, 6:17 pm

brandiitneka wrote:Jlow- I saw the FIT foundation in walmart today, I was gonna get it but I think I am gonna try the Revlon Color Stay first. I love my MAC Studio Fix Liquid but I am trying to set a budget for my makeup so I gotta start shopping cheap!! Speaking of Revlon Color Stay, has anybody tried it yet? I watched a couple YT vids and some of the ladies have compared it to the Studio Fix but they said its not as thick. I think I am gonna pick spme up this weekend. Jlow, if you find the FIT, let us know how you like it.

I've tried the Revlon Color Stay and like it, except for the fact that I have to mix two colors to get my shade right. I can't compare it to the MAC studio fix liquid because I haven't tried that. But it's pretty good stuff. Stays on and doesn't make me go all oily.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 3rd February 2011, 6:33 pm

my look for today
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 3rd February 2011, 10:29 pm

Nubie- Go to a MAC counter and get a foundation sample. There are several to choose from, so get them all just to see which one you like, Or if you just wanna go cheap and buy some, get Black Radiance. Thats what I started out using until I got addicted!!

missmo- very pretty!!

jlow- I am gonna go pick some up tomorrow.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 4th February 2011, 12:05 pm

wow i just noticed that the foundation im wearing is just a tad too dark for me...wamp wamp wamp
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 4th February 2011, 12:17 pm

LOL @ Missmo. Girl it happens to the best of us!!! I went out and bought the FIT Foundation(320) last night. I like the feel and the coverage but I think it may be just a tad bit too orange. It looks the same color as my Studio Fix(NC45) but I guess after it dries it gets darker. So..... I think it will work fine in the summer but I am gonna have to get a lighter color and mix for now. I am gonna go and get the Revlon Color Stay today so I can use my Ulta cupon!!! I need good Orange toned Lipstick, anybody have suggestions? A matte rather than a shimmer.
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th February 2011, 12:23 pm

@Brandi - I am also looking for an Orange tone lipstick. I haven't been able to find any over the counter. I remember seeing a vid that mentioned Milani but all of Milani's orange lipsticks are always sold out whenever I'm in Walgreens. MAC has a color called NEON Orange but I'm not sure if its matte. But it is a very bright orange and I'm still trying to decide if I really want one that bright.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th February 2011, 5:16 pm

@brandi & krazy coils, I was looking through a recent magazine today. L'Oreal's ad showed a beautiful orange lipstick. I think Makeup Forever also has an orange.

I had been MIA for a while. I was quite frustrated with my face. It is finally starting to clear up. Darn cystic acne!!!!

I used blues on lid then placed pink a little bit above the crease.

Neutral look

Did someone say purple, LOL? My favorite color also looks great with brown eyes.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 4th February 2011, 5:20 pm

@Brandii... Aww, I hate it didn't work for you, like you said maybe it'll be better during the summertime.

@Chrs... Nice looks Chrs! I love purple as well, maybe I should try wearing it more often.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 5th February 2011, 1:02 am

I want an orange lip like this
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 5th February 2011, 3:00 am

brandiitneka wrote:I want an orange lip like this

Ohh la la!! that's pretty! Id lik a color like that as well. It's different
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 5th February 2011, 3:03 am

brandiitneka wrote:LOL @ Missmo. Girl it happens to the best of us!!! I went out and bought the FIT Foundation(320) last night. I like the feel and the coverage but I think it may be just a tad bit too orange. It looks the same color as my Studio Fix(NC45) but I guess after it dries it gets darker. So..... I think it will work fine in the summer but I am gonna have to get a lighter color and mix for now. I am gonna go and get the Revlon Color Stay today so I can use my Ulta cupon!!! I need good Orange toned Lipstick, anybody have suggestions? A matte rather than a shimmer.

I keep hearing about Revlon Color Stay...I've heard nothing but good things..is it really that good?

I need a review bounce
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th February 2011, 9:35 am

Chrs love the looks and purple is one of my favorite colors also. I find myself using it a lot.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th February 2011, 11:50 am

@Chrs...very pretty love the purple!
@Brani..I can so see that orange on you (in the picture that Chrs posted)...that is a very pretty color!

Funny that the topic is "what are you buying this weekend!" bounce

I just purchased ELF's 12 piece brush set, Facial Mist, Daily Brush Cleaner, and ELF's brush holder. **ELF has 10% off just to let y'all know**

Oh I went back to my old skin cleaning regiment, and yesterday I purchased Mary Kay'd #3 Cleanser, Mask, Toner, Daily Cleansing Bar Soaps and Oil Control Lotion. This was my saving grace during my adult acne stage!! Don't know why I stopped using this system!

Now with all the talk of Revlon's Color Stay Foundation of course I had to checked it out yesterday while I was in Wal-Mart. I took my MAC Studio Fix foundation trying to get a good match and I fall right in between two colors. confused

So I'm not sure what else I may get this weekend...... I haven't left the house yet!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th February 2011, 2:58 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:@Chrs...very pretty love the purple!
@Brani..I can so see that orange on you (in the picture that Chrs posted)...that is a very pretty color!

Funny that the topic is "what are you buying this weekend!" bounce

I just purchased ELF's 12 piece brush set, Facial Mist, Daily Brush Cleaner, and ELF's brush holder. **ELF has 10% off just to let y'all know**

Oh I went back to my old skin cleaning regiment, and yesterday I purchased Mary Kay'd #3 Cleanser, Mask, Toner, Daily Cleansing Bar Soaps and Oil Control Lotion. This was my saving grace during my adult acne stage!! Don't know why I stopped using this system!

Now with all the talk of Revlon's Color Stay Foundation of course I had to checked it out yesterday while I was in Wal-Mart. I took my MAC Studio Fix foundation trying to get a good match and I fall right in between two colors. confused

So I'm not sure what else I may get this weekend...... I haven't left the house yet!!! lol!

I have the facial mist and the brush cleaner. The mist is good stuff, I spray it on before my moisturizer and after Ive done all my makeup. I wanna try MAC's Fix+ next. The cleaner has a strong smell but it gets the job done. I spray it on my brushes daily then at the end of the week I use the elf shampoo for a deep cleaning.

My most recent purchases:

2 MAC quad shadow palettes
5 MAC shadows in Woodwinked, Ricepaper, Brown Down, Carbon and Satin Taupe
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next