CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

+40
Nikcoils
jenni-t
tresmom08
missmoriah
MissFierce21
songbird
kekesmom29
blkbeauty2010
SoFlyy
mslys09
Kittabug
Jazzygurll
blackice82
JaysCheekyBaby
poeticlyspkng
Cupcake415
Danybyrd
EmbracingNaturalMe
BlacknGolden
LoveZaporiah
sweetdrk1
ladydayvintage
v3tt3
BlessedTresses
Sebastain13
HAMPTONSFNST
Butterfly125
misskris
Curlock Holmes
JessiWantsCurls
Tmochava
LaToya28
courtrhapsody
BriaBeauty
FloridaSunshiny
LuvMeLuvMyFro
TwistedKurlzz
summerbreeze76
milwaukeechick
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
44 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 10:23 pm

Girl!!! Heck yeah!!! Vacuuming is a really good one especially if you have a lot of carpet!!!! LOL Gardening (they say) is good too (for the warmer months of course).
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 10:31 pm

Yes, gardening is excellent! When I was losing weight last year, I did get to a point at my last 5 pounds where I couldn't make the scale move more than 1 pound and then the next week I would gain that pound back. I did that for 4 frustrating weeks. Then we were moving, and I cleaned that 1900 square foot house from top to bottom and cleaned up and cut hedges and trees in the front and back yards for 3 days. At the end of that week, when I got on the scale I had lost 4 pounds. So I think I will be doing a lot of cleaning run
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 1st January 2011, 10:47 pm

I also bought this weight loss journal from Borders. It is really neat and it was on sale. I allows you to track everything from water intake to meals to exercise to your feelings. It also has a place for a before pic of you, plus a mini journal for your purse.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 10:52 pm

Hey LuvMe....what is that youtube vid about? r u in it? I see one sistah is that you??? Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 11:10 pm

OH!!! Ok, i'm slow but here is the pic of me in High school. I had it on facebook so I just save it on my mom's computer!! lol I was on the track team so I was in pretty good shape, flat abs!!! Slimemr arms...everything! I would LOVE to get back to this, but I have also had 4 kids!!! I know some women pop right back but I think I would need some nip/tuck to get all the way back to this!!! But close is good enough. Even if I DO get to the same weight I won't look the same cuz of the excess flab from prego bellies!!! LOl I had twins the first time so that realllllly stretched me out!!! Anyway.....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 11:11 pm

Oh, I miss those days!!!! Sad lol
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd January 2011, 1:21 am

@LuvMe - I think I have the same exercise journal. I started using it last year, and I love it. I even cut out some clothes that I would love to see myself in and glued them in the journal.

@Misskris - Twins? That's adorable. I know everyone is not the same, but there were two women in my Weight Watchers group who were both older than you, both had children, and both were heavier than you. Now, these women were both runners (they became runners as part of their weight-loss), and they had the flattest tummies and the fittest bodies. Because of them, I always wished I had time to run, which is another reason I want to get acquainted with that darn treadmill.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd January 2011, 1:22 am

Ohhhhh, I couldn't see the pic before for some reason. You were too cute and look at that tiny waist!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd January 2011, 2:09 am

LOL. thanks!!! I know right? I want to get that back but it's so hard!! I just really need to stay on it!! And what inspiration in those women in you WW group. That's great!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydayvintage 2nd January 2011, 3:00 am

Is it to late to join?

ladydayvintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd January 2011, 3:11 am

Hi, Lady! No it's not too late. Welcome! Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 2nd January 2011, 4:14 am

Well ladies here are my stats:

Height: 5'3
Start Weight: 180
Current Weight: n/a
Goal Weight: 150

Here is a pic of me back in 2007. I was about 150-155 and a size 10. I'd love to get back to this size!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 2nd January 2011, 9:03 am

I usually try not to focus on weight because I tend to get solid before I lose weight and I get frustrated ... but for the sake of sticking to the format:

Height: 5'3
Starting Weight: 190.5
Current Weight: 190.5
Goal Weight: 160

When I get up to get dressed I'll measure my tummy. Since I tend to harden up pretty quickly (especially in my legs), my tummy measurements are usually a better indication of progress than my weight. Now that I think about it ... I'm kind of embarassed to post my stomach measurements. I don't even tell people my weight ... let alone my measurements. I think I'm getting a little comfortable on this site ... Neutral

My goal is more a certain size of clothing than a weight. I would LOVE to be a size 10. Not an Old Navy 10 (they can be generous), more like a Macy's 10 ... lol I'm currently a 14 in most stuff.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydayvintage 2nd January 2011, 10:55 am

Hi Butterfly, thank you!
I did the Michael Thurmond diet in the past, honestly with great success. I quit my job to start working form home about 6 years ago, and each year I gained about 10 pounds. So my goal is at least 40 pounds off by May.

ladydayvintage

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 2nd January 2011, 11:52 am

misskris wrote:It sure does!!! That's great!!! Keep that up and you'll be able to run up them in no time!! I just saw you live in ATL!!! There's quite a few of us on here. Very Happy

Just to update, after work I went up and down the stairs to the train station 4 additional times! Go Me!
dance
misskriss: Hey gyrl, yea I just saw that too! Hello my fellow ATLien! LOL!

butterfly125: U r right on point! Any and all things we do throughout the day counts as an exercise. U'r still burning calories, it might not b alot, but it's something! I hear it's always good to clean with the music blasting, that way u might do a little shake and shimmy here and there, it'll get u sweating n no time! Get that broom out and dance like there's no tomorrow! woot! I love your story bout the WW ladies! congrats to them! One day I'll become a runner, just gotta take it a day at a time!

laToya28: That is a beautiful face shot in your avatar pic. That pic of u n the white blouse?! HOTTNESS! Gyrl u were killin them weren't u!
Smile
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd January 2011, 2:19 pm

@ LaToya, that is a cute pic girl.
@ Jessi, girl don't feel embarassed...we're all doing the same thing and I am heavier than you so don't worry about it!!! And thanks for the idea of measuring body parts. I was doing that myself but haven't in a while since I gained some weight back. I'll start that tomorrow too. And that's hilarious about the Old Navy 10 vs. the Macy's 10---you are SO right about that!! ON can be a bit bigger huh?? LOL
@ v3tt3, that's great lady!!! Your were on MARTA?? I haven't been on MARTA since I was in college, since 1999!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2011, 3:13 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:Height: 5'4"
Start Weight: 155lbs
BMI: 27 overweight
Goal Weight 130-135lbs
Start Date: January 1, 2011
Goal Date: April 2, 2011
Time Frame: 9 weeks
Estimated Average Weight Lost Per Week: 3.3 lbs (which is a little high the average should be 1-2 lbs per week)

Exercise Routine:
Monday: Walk/Run after work
Tuesday: Wii or video workout
Wednesday: Walk/Run after work
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: Salsa Dancing
Saturday: Wii or video workout
Sunday:Walk/Run

Diet:
-I HATE THEM! So, I plan on cutting portions and increasing my water intake. I am considering replacing the white bread and rice with brown bread and rice not, the pasta because I tried that before and it is gross.
I can't diet either.....I plan to cut out the soda and juices and I just worked out with kinect biggest loser. Plan to do that 4 days a week so count me in!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd January 2011, 3:30 pm

@ Luvmeluvmyfro, you mentioned brown rice, well have you tried Quinoa? It's awesome. My kids even like it. It's supposed to be even healthier than brown rice. You just have to season it like you would a plain rice with whatever you like. One time I hade left overs and mixed it in with my kids mac-n-cheese (the Annie's natural kind) and they loved it!!! I love wheat pasta as well. We can't even tell the difference once you mix it with sauce and meat and stuff.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 2nd January 2011, 4:34 pm

I want to join.

Height: 5'3"
Start Weight: 195
Final Goal Weight: 160
Short Term Goal Weight (By at least May): 180

I want to drink more water and less caloric drinks.
Work out at least 3 times a week even if it is just going on a walk.
Cut down on emotional eating.

LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 2nd January 2011, 5:12 pm

v3tt3 wrote:
misskris wrote:It sure does!!! That's great!!! Keep that up and you'll be able to run up them in no time!! I just saw you live in ATL!!! There's quite a few of us on here. Very Happy

Just to update, after work I went up and down the stairs to the train station 4 additional times! Go Me!
dance
misskriss: Hey gyrl, yea I just saw that too! Hello my fellow ATLien! LOL!

butterfly125: U r right on point! Any and all things we do throughout the day counts as an exercise. U'r still burning calories, it might not b alot, but it's something! I hear it's always good to clean with the music blasting, that way u might do a little shake and shimmy here and there, it'll get u sweating n no time! Get that broom out and dance like there's no tomorrow! woot! I love your story bout the WW ladies! congrats to them! One day I'll become a runner, just gotta take it a day at a time!

laToya28: That is a beautiful face shot in your avatar pic. That pic of u n the white blouse?! HOTTNESS! Gyrl u were killin them weren't u!
Smile

Thanks Vette! And kudos to you for doing those stairs!!

misskris wrote:@ LaToya, that is a cute pic girl.
@ Jessi, girl don't feel embarassed...we're all doing the same thing and I am heavier than you so don't worry about it!!! And thanks for the idea of measuring body parts. I was doing that myself but haven't in a while since I gained some weight back. I'll start that tomorrow too. And that's hilarious about the Old Navy 10 vs. the Macy's 10---you are SO right about that!! ON can be a bit bigger huh?? LOL
@ v3tt3, that's great lady!!! Your were on MARTA?? I haven't been on MARTA since I was in college, since 1999!!! LOL

Thanks misskris!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 2nd January 2011, 8:00 pm

@ misskris The video is my salsa graduation rueda. if you watch it I am the only "brownie" woman in the group.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 2nd January 2011, 8:20 pm

Just checking in since I only posted once. Here are my stats:

Height--5'3
Current weight--149
Goal weight--130
I am currently around a size 10.

Right now I am trying to get back on track with my clean eating and working out after the holidays.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd January 2011, 11:06 pm

I guess i need to fully committ if I am going to be a part of this group. Can i just say that i never tell anyone my weight, so this is bit difficult for me, but here goes.

Height- 5'5''
Current Weight- 221
Goal Weight- 145-155
I am currently a size 16

Im a Weight Watcher and have been going strong for the past two months after kinda falling off for some time. So i am motivated. I work out pretty consistently, I getting into running and i just feel more together than normal. So lets do this ladies!

One of my problems is that i carry my weight reallly well, so sometimes i dont really believe that I weigh as much as i do and people tell me that all the time. I really hate being in the 200's so my goal is to make it back to onederland. Ill take my measurement soon too & Ill find a pic to post for what i think i wanna look like.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd January 2011, 11:37 pm

Hi, Summerbreeze! Kudos to you for your commitment and willingness to put it all out there! I am also a WW member. I reached lifetime and stopped going to meetings a few months ago because my life just got hectic, but I recruited a friend a work who used to do WW, and her and I will be going to meeings together starting this coming Saturday. Wishing you success!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd January 2011, 11:43 pm

@LaToya - I finally got to see this pic of you that everyone was commenting on...lol (for some reason, it wouldnt' show on my screen.) Anyway, I just had to tell you that you are so cute in that pic! You were rockin' it, girl...LOL!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next