CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

+40
Nikcoils
jenni-t
tresmom08
missmoriah
MissFierce21
songbird
kekesmom29
blkbeauty2010
SoFlyy
mslys09
Kittabug
Jazzygurll
blackice82
JaysCheekyBaby
poeticlyspkng
Cupcake415
Danybyrd
EmbracingNaturalMe
BlacknGolden
LoveZaporiah
sweetdrk1
ladydayvintage
v3tt3
BlessedTresses
Sebastain13
HAMPTONSFNST
Butterfly125
misskris
Curlock Holmes
JessiWantsCurls
Tmochava
LaToya28
courtrhapsody
BriaBeauty
FloridaSunshiny
LuvMeLuvMyFro
TwistedKurlzz
summerbreeze76
milwaukeechick
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
44 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

2011 Weight Loss Challenge! - Page 2 Empty Re: 2011 Weight Loss Challenge!

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st January 2011, 1:22 pm

This sounds great! I want to lose at least 20lbs yet nearly 30 by summer. I've considered joining Weight Watchers for the additional support and my bf got me Zumba dvds for Christmas.

I really need to change my eating habits and that will be a challenge also. Wish me well!
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 1:35 pm

Hi, Hamptonsfnst. I lost 20lbs with WW last year and I am still a lifetime member. I'm going to start going to the meetings again with my friend next Sat. I think its a great program for guidance and learning about healthy eating. Just wanted to offer my 2 cents Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 1:41 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:This sounds great! I want to lose at least 20lbs yet nearly 30 by summer. I've considered joining Weight Watchers for the additional support and my bf got me Zumba dvds for Christmas.

I really need to change my eating habits and that will be a challenge also. Wish me well!
Girl i LOVE Zumba. I used to take a class before we moved, now I don't know where one is. I love it, you sweat SO much but it doesn't feel as much like a workout because it's fun!!! Very Happy woot!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 1:52 pm

Oh ok, so I am proud of myself and off to a good start for 2011. I did what I said I was gonna do--I got on the treadmill for 45 minutes (i said I would do 30) and then some ab work. Just finished a bow of Honey Nut Cheerios and almost 2 sliced of bacon (I patted the extra oil off first!! LOL) My mom cooked grits, eggs, bacon so I just did cereal instead. I may just eat cereal again for lunch and then the black eyed peas, greens and whatever meat she plans on cooking for dinner.
I ate my last (for a while anyway) dessert last night...I had some Breyer's vanilla with some oreo's I bought to crush up in it - made my own cookies-n-cream!! LOL (my fave ice cream) And I enjoyed it too!!! Smile

Oh and fyi, a while back I tried that Special K Challenge where you eat Special K cereal or meal bar for 2 of your meals, fruit, and then one healthy meal (Kinda like slim-fast) and I lost like10 lbs or so over the 2 weeks. I never felt deprived either. I may be revisiting that this next 2 weeks.

And in case some of you want some ideas, some awesome go-tos for me are:
-those 100 calorie sandwich thins (SaraLee and Arnold's make them) are the BOMB with natural peanut butter and bananas.
-I also love Gardenburger's Black bean Chipotle burgers -- OMG me and my hubby LOVE these. I like em with some avocado, salsa and some mozzarella string cheese strung on top. SO good.
-Laughing Cow is great with some Triscuits as a snack.
-raisins and peanuts as a snack - you can mix about 20 peanuts (shelled) with a little box of raisins - to me it's just like a PB&J but no bread!!

I have more. But hope this helps. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 2:04 pm

That's great, MissKris! You got a lot done this morning...it's only 9:00 here so everybody's still sleeping from hanging out last night...hahaha. I will be trying those burgers!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 1st January 2011, 6:05 pm

I will be joining this challenge
I would like to lose 10-15 pounds by March 31 I will post my weight & goals tomorrow

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by BlessedTresses 1st January 2011, 6:21 pm

I'm in. I need to lose 30-35 pounds. Starting Sunday Jan 2nd. First check-in will be Jan 9th.

BlessedTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 6:31 pm

Hey ladies! I would loove to join for support. I think I have the most to lose. I'm at the heaviest I've EVER been...220lbs! I felt so dissappointed n myself when I got on the scale this morning. I'm so embarrased to even make my weight public, but mayb I'll get serious about it now that I have. My overall goal is to lose 80 lbs. I added a new "FotkiFriend" this morning. She had an incredible before and after picture (c the link below), and she used the website loseit.com to keep track of her weight/calorie intake/excercise. I just joined, mayb I'll c u all there...

http://public.fotki.com/NaturalNewbie/loseit-/i-heart-lose-it.html

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Me n July '06 Very Happy

me Thanksgiving '08 Smile

me after Thanksgiving '10 Embarassed No

Every 2 years I get bigger! LOL! Come 2012 I'mma b just right!!!

Last edited by v3tt3 on 1st January 2011, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 7:02 pm

P.S. I Loove the idea to do a weekly check n on Sunday. Mayb we could all do the same format:

Height:
Start Weight:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 7:17 pm

Hey, V3tt3, it's time to move forward together and leave all the negativity behind, right, sister?! I am so excited about this challenge. I think no matter how much a person wants to lose, we all need to strive to be healthier. Thank you so much for that website! By the way...I LOVE your hair!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 7:26 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:Hey, V3tt3, it's time to move forward together and leave all the negativity behind, right, sister?! I am so excited about this challenge. I think no matter how much a person wants to lose, we all need to strive to be healthier. Thank you so much for that website! By the way...I LOVE your hair!

Oh thanx so much sis! Your words were very encouraging, I appreciate that! Yes I'm ready!!! I wonder should we also post our daily calorie count/exercise?! Mayb that'll b too much, but I definately can't wait to post my weight next Sunday! woot!

P.S. thanx for the compliment on my hair. Yours is so gorgeous!
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 7:44 pm

Thank you!! Yeah, I guess posting every day could get to be a bit much...lol. Well, I guess some type of weekly post would be good. What you post probably depends on what each individual is doing. Like, I do Weight Watchers, so I wouldn't post my calories because WW counts PointsPlus and not calories. Posting exercise is a great idea! And weight loss or gain I guess if we are going to be accountable Wink.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 7:50 pm

Hey v3tt3!! Girl, don't feel bad about that number on the scale. I was hesitant to post too but since we're all in this together, mine this morning was 208.5 and then after I sweat on the treadmill for 45 min it said 205.5.... 3 lbs??? I dunno!! LOL But I will take it!!! LOL So I just ate our big New Years Day dinner so we'll see what it says tomorrow!! LOL But it wasn't terribly bad food, I shoulda just stopped after the fist plate!!! Greedy!! LOL

Ok so based on your format my numbers are as follows:

Height: 5'7"
Start Weight: 208.5
Current Weight:205.5
Goal Weight:170, 160 would be better - that was what i weighed my senior yr in high school.

I have always had muscles (dance for 8 yrs, track for 4 yrs) & been top heavy so when I tell people how much I weigh they are shocked. I wish I could show you all this one pic of me from HS...when I get home I'll post it. At my mom's now.

I got to 180 before we moved and then my lazy ass stopped doing what worked and now I am back where I am!!! Evil or Very Mad And I know better!!!! So I'm on my way back now and hopefully this time for good. I said that last time too but you see how well that worked out!!!! Mad lol

Done bashing myself now!!! LOL So good luck to you all!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 7:52 pm

Yeah, I think posting weight and exercise is sufficient. Once a week is great! We'll keep each other going, encouraged and accountable!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 8:14 pm

Thanx for understanding Misskris. It definately makes me want to get serious, so I can show off my weekly weight loss! LOL! But yes, any weight loss is a BIG deal (most sites say u'r only supposed to loss 2 lbs a week-BS! I wanna lose 5+). So CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 lbs! dance I ate my "last meal" yesterday, n preparation for today. ;-) Even ate the last of my icecream and sherbet too. It wuz sooo good. So I woke up today, focused on starting this journey(AGAIN). Getting on that scale, kinda put me n a down mood(I wuzn't expecting what I saw), but that makes me even more encouraged because I wuz so disgused with myself for getting this way. Damn those sweets and snacking after work (I work 12 hour shifts, so I get home about 830, I shower then around 9 I eat, then I sleep on all that junk). I know my weaknesses and what I'm doing to sabbotage my body/health, so I'm ready to get serious! I HAVE to get serious!!!
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 8:16 pm

Amen sister!!! I'm with ya!!! dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 8:16 pm

Height: 5'4"
Start Weight: 220
Current Weight: n/a (same as above)
Goal Weight: 140
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 8:21 pm

Okay, so I guess I should post in that format as well. I was hesitant to post my numbers because I usually get criticized for wanting to lose weight. I've always been a very small, petite person, so for me what I weigh now is too much. I am not trying to get down to my pre-children weight (113), but I am trying to stay in my comfort zone. So here it goes:

Height: 5-2
Start Weight: 141
Current Weight: 141
Goal Weight: 125

And I want to add one more thing: Overall Goal: To learn and maintain good exercise habits. I am aweful when it comes to exercise. If it's not like playing, I don't want to do it...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 8:26 pm

Okay, y'all can tell me to shut up if y'all don't want to hear this, BUT...losing too much weight too fast could result in losing muscle, and muscle burns fat, so we don't want to be losing no muscle...LOL! However, if a person is strength-training and losing a lot of weight each week, I suppose it's still safe. Hmmmm, and even knowing this I still don't do the right thing Suspect.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 8:37 pm

Hahaha...I tend to lose quickly when I am doingthe right things. And I definitely don't lose muscle, I gain muscle. So that won't be a problem for me but thanks anyway!!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 8:58 pm

My theory is as followed:

We all know that eventually we will hit a plateau and get stuck. People do so much exercising and dieting n the beginning and then get frustrated when they hit that plateau and can't lose any more weight or lose slowly than n the beginning. U know, that dreaded last 5 to 10 lbs from our goal weight that we can't seem to shake?! I really think u should take the time to get your eating habits under control, lose as much as u can, once u hit that 1st plateau, THEN u should add the exercise to get over the plateau and tone, allowing u to lose the final 5-10 lbs that seems to b the hardest to get off ...

Just my theory... Wink

Last edited by v3tt3 on 1st January 2011, 9:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 9:19 pm

v3tt3. That makes sense. When I did LA Weight Loss back in the day, I lost like 35 lbs just on the eating plan. I hardly EVER exercised then!!

But I think I am gonna do it this way -- before I was working out 5-6 days a week on top of the eating right. So what I think I will do this time is workout maybe just 3-4 or 5 times a week. That way when I get to that plateau I can crank it up some. I think I was pushing myself too much before. It paid off but then I feel like that's too much!!! They say at least 3 days out of the week will suffice so 3-4 or 5 is great. For me anyway. I'll see how it goes.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 1st January 2011, 9:29 pm

misskris wrote:v3tt3. That makes sense. When I did LA Weight Loss back in the day, I lost like 35 lbs just on the eating plan. I hardly EVER exercised then!!

But I think I am gonna do it this way -- before I was working out 5-6 days a week on top of the eating right. So what I think I will do this time is workout maybe just 3-4 or 5 times a week. That way when I get to that plateau I can crank it up some. I think I was pushing myself too much before. It paid off but then I feel like that's too much!!! They say at least 3 days out of the week will suffice so 3-4 or 5 is great. For me anyway. I'll see how it goes.

That's great u have your plan n mind, GO FOR IT! Like in your LA weight loss description, I'm going to focus on dieting...eating healthy! Wink When I hit a plateau or 1/2 my weight loss goal(which ever comes first), I'll crank it up with exercise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to b lazy during my journey, I Do do a little walking here and there(let me stress LITTLE LOL!) Today, I started climbing the stairs at work. I work on the 5th floor, so I took the stairs down to the ground floor and climbed my way back up. Oh that wuz hard for me(I've gotten SOO out of shape)! I did this 4 x's today! GO ME! woot! Shoot, every little bit counts!!! Wink
v3tt3
v3tt3

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 9:33 pm

It sure does!!! That's great!!! Keep that up and you'll be able to run up them in no time!! I just saw you live in ATL!!! There's quite a few of us on here. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st January 2011, 10:10 pm

@Misskris - that's a great plan! I would like to be able to plan my exercise, and I'm going to have to come up with some type of routine. I'll be doing a lot of thinking in the upcoming days.

@V3tt3 - Wooo-hoooo!!! 4X?!!! Girl, that's awesome! Keep up the great work. And I agree with you about every little bit counting. I think as long as we're making an honest effort and taking steps toward our goals, its a win. Shoot, I was worried that I wasn't going to get any exercise today and then I realized I was getting exercise in all the cleaning I was doing today. There are so many things we do that we don't realize counts as activity.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next