CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

+11
BlondeByDesire
Shay Photography
Freestyles
anz30
rimmie
Renny
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Thinice
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd December 2010, 6:15 pm

anz30 wrote:I know what you mean. Whenever I get extremely frustrated or anxious I start my hair regimen. No matter how soon after I've already done it. It helps to calm me down.

I'm sorry that I don't have any other suggestions. But personally I don't see anything wrong with what you did. No problem with keeping your hands in your head. That's how all the others seem to come up with their really cool hairstyles.

Feel better!
I never thought of it that way. You have a point! Thanks!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty I'M BACK!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd December 2010, 6:25 pm

After a couple days of depression, I'm feeling lots better! I redid my twists, this time they're bigger. I'm going to try to keep them in my hair for the duration of the day. We'll see how I do! I REALLY can't wait till next week when I get my hair colored! I'm suck in between two colors though: Red or Light Brown. I really like red but I dont know if will be too much. Light Brown is more safe. What do you think?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

Post by Shay Photography 22nd December 2010, 7:05 pm

IS THE SUPER CURL GREASY?
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

http://www.wix.com/sheilajames03/thenikonqueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd December 2010, 11:17 pm

Shay Photography wrote:IS THE SUPER CURL GREASY?
No, not at all... I like it!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shay Photography 23rd December 2010, 12:55 am

THANK U! Very Happy
Shay Photography
Shay Photography

http://www.wix.com/sheilajames03/thenikonqueen

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty COLOR TODAY!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 30th December 2010, 4:05 pm

Hey Ladies! Today I am getting my hair colored. dance I have yet to decide which color. We will see how I feel I little later. Check back for pictures!

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Dsc_3412
This was my TO from yesterday. I love that bow Smile

----------------------------------Caution - Venting Ahead-------------------------------------
I haven't posted in a little while because I am in the midst of a HUGE transition. After 3 years in the Air Force, I have decided to get out which sounds way easier than it actually is. I really haven't had any major disiplinary problems so it's still in the air whether I'll actually get out. Right now I'm in Alaska and if I stay in I'll be going to Langley, VA and if I get out I'll be headed to Houston, TX. And right now I'm playing the waitng game. bounce So the hubby and I have been doing our best to plan for either senario which is STRESSFUL! Apartments? Schools? Transportation? MONEY?? *sigh* Overwhelming to say the least. I really hope I get out of the Air Force though. While the money and benefits are great, I feel like I am only spinning my wheels. I really want to go to school full time for Psychology and hopefully pursue a career in Social Work helping physically and sexually abused women and children. But I have to get out o the Air Force first. It's hard to pull my head above the stress to get a breath of fresh air. When this whole deal is over, I'll be grateful.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 4:50 pm

I will be back for ics! I hoe you get what you want from the AirForce! Happy New Year!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th December 2010, 5:43 pm

Waiting on pics too!

So it's hard to get out? How long do you have to stay enlisted?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 30th December 2010, 5:47 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I will be back for ics! I hoe you get what you want from the AirForce! Happy New Year!

Thanks! She's putting the color on as I type Smile

BlondeByDesire wrote:Waiting on pics too!

So it's hard to get out? How long do you have to stay enlisted?

It's difficult if you want to get out before your enlistment is up. I signed up for 6 years.
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty Pictures!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 30th December 2010, 9:44 pm

So I just left the beauty shop and I have pics!
Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3596
Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3592
Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3582

I love it! I can't wait to see what it will look like when its curly!

Sidenote: 2 weeks ago I had my ends trimmed. Since then, I have been greasing my scalp daily with a mix of Monostat, Jajoba Oil and Wild Growth Hair Oil and I must say, I notice a difference. (I wish I would half taken a picture) It's has grown a half to 3/4 of an inch. I think I may be on to something!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 30th December 2010, 9:58 pm

hey there, curly!! welcome!!! your twistouts are too cute! keep it up!! at one time i was at your length:) the color is fab, but as someone had said earlier: moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! too many times i have heard of naturals having to do a second bc cuz of damage from coloring.

i pray that you and hubby make the best decision for you guys due to your situation. Don't forget to pray, give gratitude for whatever you are happy with as you wake up to gain clarity and keep things in perspective, and meditate/have alone time. I hope you get to working out again to let go of some stress.

as far as scalp concoction with monistat: PLEASE STOP USING THE MONISTAT. Monistat was designed with treating yeast infections....not growing hair(i know because I am a chemist with extensive experience in research and development and fda regulations). The toxicity studies involving monistat are to investigate the effects with the product being used per the intended use as marketed. So, leave it alone.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 30th December 2010, 10:25 pm

dajewel wrote:hey there, curly!! welcome!!! your twistouts are too cute! keep it up!! at one time i was at your length:) the color is fab, but as someone had said earlier: moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! too many times i have heard of naturals having to do a second bc cuz of damage from coloring.

i pray that you and hubby make the best decision for you guys due to your situation. Don't forget to pray, give gratitude for whatever you are happy with as you wake up to gain clarity and keep things in perspective, and meditate/have alone time. I hope you get to working out again to let go of some stress.

as far as scalp concoction with monistat: PLEASE STOP USING THE MONISTAT. Monistat was designed with treating yeast infections....not growing hair(i know because I am a chemist with extensive experience in research and development and fda regulations). The toxicity studies involving monistat are to investigate the effects with the product being used per the intended use as marketed. So, leave it alone.

Thank you! I just re upped on conditioner. I figure anything is worth one try. I've seen alot of posts and videos with products used for things other than their intended use (Crisco, etc) but now that I think about it, MN is a drug not an oil so I guess it would be different. Thanks for reminding me to hit the gym, I have been slacking. Thanks again!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 30th December 2010, 10:37 pm

I love the color. Best of luck to you on the job front. You and your family are in my thoughts.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th December 2010, 10:39 pm

The Color looks fab!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 30th December 2010, 10:39 pm

Great color! So pretty...queen
Hope the Air Force releases you early Neutral
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 3:34 am

tamtam7 wrote:I love the color. Best of luck to you on the job front. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much!

sweetdrk1 wrote:The Color looks fab!!!

Thanks!

Freestyles wrote:Great color! So pretty...queen
Hope the Air Force releases you early Neutral
---Reese afro

You and me both lady!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st December 2010, 12:52 pm

Hi Mandi! Just stopped by to check out your journal. It's all really trial and error. Eventually you will have the right regimen. It's good to have a hair twin and see if things work for both of you. I used to try everything but I'm down to using my main products now and nothing else. Love the pictures too! Your hair is deceiving in length!

One of my buddies joined the airforce when he was in his 20's and now lives in Alaska as well. I thought he would come home eventually but he stayed even after he left the airforce! Doesn't sound like you will. But at least you can say you've been there. Smile
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 5:53 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hi Mandi! Just stopped by to check out your journal. It's all really trial and error. Eventually you will have the right regimen. It's good to have a hair twin and see if things work for both of you. I used to try everything but I'm down to using my main products now and nothing else. Love the pictures too! Your hair is deceiving in length!

One of my buddies joined the airforce when he was in his 20's and now lives in Alaska as well. I thought he would come home eventually but he stayed even after he left the airforce! Doesn't sound like you will. But at least you can say you've been there. Smile

Thanks for stopping by! I'm trying to combat the PJ in me but its so HARD. That alone makes it hard to get a regimen down. And psh. They can have Alaska. The summer is really nice but it lasts all of 4 months and then its just cold and dark. One of the main reasons people stay in AK is because 'the pay is better' but what they don't tell you is EVERYTHING is more expensive. It just doesn't seem worth it. Plus, this Texas native needs some HEAT. Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty Color Commentary

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 6:08 pm

First of all, I absolutely love this color. I let my beautician flat iron my hair and my growth alone surprised me. What I found hilarious is I caught myself missing my curls. So as I type, the conditioner is on my hair and I'm about to give myself a nice set of twists. Smile As I feel my hair, I am noticing how brittle my hair feels. It's not major, just enough to where I notice it. I will be conditioning to the MAX. Also, I want to henna. I'm scared to try this Rainbow Brand though. I searched it in the forums. It has less than pleasing reviews. We'll see though.

woot! Happy New Years everyone!! woot!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st December 2010, 7:17 pm

Did I miss the pics ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 8:06 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Did I miss the pics ...

Just scroll up. I posted them yesterday. Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 31st December 2010, 9:44 pm

love the color!!! cant wait to see your twist out
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 31st December 2010, 10:29 pm

rayray19 wrote:love the color!!! cant wait to see your twist out
I'm trying to keep myself from taking down my twists! I'm really excited for this one because I accidentally taught myself to flat twist!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st January 2011, 11:40 am

Ok see them - love the color. Can't wait to see TO.

Happy New Year
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 Empty NYE and TO pics

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 5th January 2011, 4:32 pm

Hey ladies! Just stopping by to post some promised pics!

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3659
This is my 1st twist out on my colored hair. I love the way the color makes my hair pop. ( I LOVE that headband too!)

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3621
NYE Hair. I taught myself to FLAT TWIST! dance These 3 were ones I did before my hands got tired. I quit after that. lol

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3646
The husband and I before going out. I love you I love you I love you

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 181c4a2a
@ the 3 6 Mafia concert. I dare say, it sucked. lol

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 75b18754
But I got a pic with Project Pat anyways. (Ugly on camera. Ugly in person) SN: This pic was cause for controversy with my parents. Aparrently, they think I'm a slut for taking a picture with a rapper. (My husband took the pic) They proceeded to tell all of Facebook their opinon. Rolling Eyes

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... - Page 2 DSC_3676
I did a full set of flat twists last night! It was hard but after I figured out my hand positions, it was okay. I'm going to keep these in for the duration of the week. (hopefully) I tried several times doing it on wet hair but in the end it was ALOT easier to do on blown out hair.

Workout update: So my husband and I have been hitting the gym since Sunday! Boy, I tell ya, the hardest part is getting up and doing it. After that, it's smooth sailing. I've been counting my calories with My Fitness Pal and updating my progress on the 2011 Weight Loss Challenge (JOIN if you haven't already Wink ) I feel the weight melting off!

Well I guess that's all for now. Toodles!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next