CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

+27
thetiffany
Freestyles
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
jeanlouisangel
priceless
jlowman1
BlondeByDesire
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
predestined010
Intelligentbeauty
QuietButterfly
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
poeticlyspkng
sweetdrk1
DivaDreamgirl
Nikcoils
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
Lynnieluve
Sebastain13
krazy coils
CocaColaCutie
funkyhairchic
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 3 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 9:44 am

I can't see the pictures!!! Crying or Very sad I know that your cinnanbun is hot...I just can't see it. I bet it is my computer. I'll check and see if I can see it from my phone!!

I'll be back!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 3 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th December 2010, 11:05 am

Love the cinnabun ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th December 2010, 11:46 am

great job on the cinnabun. it's so full!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:25 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love, love, love the cinnabun. It is a very chic and elegant style. Unfortunately when I did mine, I had no pics Sad . But it can last a while. I slept on my sides so I didn't disturb the back too much. Make sure to moisturize the sides, back and front that are pulled up daily and tie it down at night.
Love it, chica!!!!
Thanks IB! This may be another favorite style of mine. Thanks for the tips on preserving the style.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I can't see the pictures!!! Crying or Very sad I know that your cinnanbun is hot...I just can't see it. I bet it is my computer. I'll check and see if I can see it from my phone!!

I'll be back!!
Oh no! I also posted them on Facebook so you can see them on my page.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Love the cinnabun ...
Thanks BBD!

CocaColaCutie wrote:great job on the cinnabun. it's so full!
Thanks 3C!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th December 2010, 12:46 pm

Hey lady! All your styles and accessories are so gorgeous. I'll have to use your method to achieve 5 day hair. Thanks for sharing.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 4:22 pm

okay...I just saw the pictures. So all you did was flat twist at night and you got that type of definition? Amazing. I love how big your hair kept getting each day!!! AWESOME!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 4:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:That is the cutest cinnabun I have seen!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Very chic!!!

WOW...I agree!!! This is cute. You need to do a YT video on how you did this!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th December 2010, 4:40 pm

Love tha pics and that Cinnabun......Tutorial please!!!!! It looks so good.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th December 2010, 5:21 pm

Cute cinnabun maybe I will attempt this before getting my hair straightened in January. And it looks like a great holiday hairdo!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th December 2010, 7:16 pm

OMG Chica, that Cinnabun is the truth! I wish I had seen this before I went to a holiday party Sunday nite. I tried something similar but it was a definite FAIL, lol. Can't wait to try it again using your method.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 14th December 2010, 10:28 pm

That has to be the prettiest cinnabun EVER!!! I'm gonna have to try this method. I've done the cinnabun once before, but it didn't look like that!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 14th December 2010, 10:33 pm

Best cinnabun I've EVER seen! No really, EVER!

-Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 15th December 2010, 9:19 am

Your cinnabun is the best I've seen!!! I usually don't like them but yours is SUPER cute!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 15th December 2010, 2:23 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Hey lady! All your styles and accessories are so gorgeous. I'll have to use your method to achieve 5 day hair. Thanks for sharing.
Hey LaToya! Thank you so much! It's definitely a keeper!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:okay...I just saw the pictures. So all you did was flat twist at night and you got that type of definition? Amazing. I love how big your hair kept getting each day!!! AWESOME!!!
Hey KNH! Yes, that's all I had to do.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:That is the cutest cinnabun I have seen!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Very chic!!!

WOW...I agree!!! This is cute. You need to do a YT video on how you did this!!!

Thanks, lovely! I make one in the next week or so! I promise!

NhappyJackie wrote:Love tha pics and that Cinnabun......Tutorial please!!!!! It looks so good.
I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks, so I'll have a time to make one for you guys. I'll keep you posted it!

Nikcoils wrote:Cute cinnabun maybe I will attempt this before getting my hair straightened in January. And it looks like a great holiday hairdo!
Thanks Nik! It's super easy to do and I like that it's so elegant, yet simple.

FemmeFox wrote:OMG Chica, that Cinnabun is the truth! I wish I had seen this before I went to a holiday party Sunday nite. I tried something similar but it was a definite FAIL, lol. Can't wait to try it again using your method.
Awww!!! Thanks, doll! Definitely try it again. It'll so easy and it's very classy for any occasion.

QuietButterfly wrote:That has to be the prettiest cinnabun EVER!!! I'm gonna have to try this method. I've done the cinnabun once before, but it didn't look like that!
Hey QB! Thanks, angel!!! Totally give it a try! You'll love it!

Freestyles wrote:Best cinnabun I've EVER seen! No really, EVER!
Thanks, Freestyles!!! Very sweet of you!

-Reese afro

CocoEuro wrote:Your cinnabun is the best I've seen!!! I usually don't like them but yours is SUPER cute!!!
Thanks Coco! It's always fun trying new stuff with my hair. Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 15th December 2010, 2:43 pm

Hey ya'll!

Thanks for all of the love on my bun! I hope you guys will give it a try. I'll make a quick tutorial on how I did it in the next week or so. Hopefully, I'll get the same results or similar, but it's a very easy style to do.

I plan to wash on Thursday night. I'm knocking on two weeks without washing. Actually, it's two weeks today. Not sure what my next style will be. I'm may try a cute "I Love Lucy" style that I saw on a YT video a couple weeks ago. The results are too adorable! I also want to learn to braid upwards. There is a style MsVaughn did that I love. She did a french braid upwards with a hump on top. It's just something about these vintage hairstyles that I just really love alot. They all just happen to be protective styles, which is even better.

Tonight, I'll be going ice skating with our Senior Class! I haven't ice skated in years, so I'm likely to bust my tail on the ice a few times. This should be interesting. I'll be back to post pictures later tonight of my hair and from the party. Smooches, lovelies!

funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 15th December 2010, 3:40 pm

love that cinnabun! i did one a few months ago i seen on glamazinis website. i kept mine in for a few days but it could have easily lasted a week or more. I just put a scarf on and bonnet at night.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th December 2010, 4:41 pm

-Reese afro

CocoEuro wrote:Your cinnabun is the best I've seen!!! I usually don't like them but yours is SUPER cute!!!

ITA with these ladies I love you I love you I love you I love you the cinnabun. I wonder how I can achieve one half as good. I may try it for a masquerade party I am attending Friday. That is so pretty sunny
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 15th December 2010, 6:52 pm

Just saw the pics of the cinnabun It looks great You looks so good Very elegant & sophicated
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th December 2010, 5:19 pm

Ok I'm a few days behind but WOAH!!! That cinnabun is hot fire dear! And OMG a year and a half?! That is crazy!!!! I feel you though because today is my nappiversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I transitioned for about a year and then I cut off the relaxed ends December 2009! So exciting!! Geez time really does fly ...

I adore your hair I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 16th December 2010, 10:21 pm

thetiffany wrote:love that cinnabun! i did one a few months ago i seen on glamazinis website. i kept mine in for a few days but it could have easily lasted a week or more. I just put a scarf on and bonnet at night.
Thanks thetiffany! This will definitely last you a few days. It's so convenient.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:

-Reese afro
Thanks Reese! I'm glad you like it!

Thanks Coco!!! Ya'll make a girl feel so good! Smile

ITA with these ladies I love you I love you I love you I love you the cinnabun. I wonder how I can achieve one half as good. I may try it for a masquerade party I am attending Friday. That is so pretty sunny
Thanks Chrs! You know your are bunning queen! I was stalking your thread and swooning over all of those beautiful styles! You're inspiring me, chica!!!

Sebastain13 wrote:Just saw the pics of the cinnabun It looks great You looks so good Very elegant & sophicated
Thanks Sebastain13! I'm glad you like it, doll!

bholmes87 wrote:Ok I'm a few days behind but WOAH!!! That cinnabun is hot fire dear! And OMG a year and a half?! That is crazy!!!! I feel you though because today is my nappiversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I transitioned for about a year and then I cut off the relaxed ends December 2009! So exciting!! Geez time really does fly ...

I adore your hair I love you
B!!!! Where have you been, lovely! Thanks so much, sweetie! Congrats on your nappiversary! Your mane is fabulous as always!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 16th December 2010, 10:28 pm

Good evening Curlfriends,

Just small update:

I'm about to do a wash on my hair and I decided to do an 18 month length check. I wanted to see the progress made from the August to December. I haven't been keeping up with my length checks lately. I've just let my hair do its thing and haven't really been focused on length.

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 3 Comp_p10

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 3 Comppi10

I don't do exact measurements. I just pull and compare. Looks like I'm on track for average growth. I should reach APL by the summer. We'll see!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th December 2010, 5:59 pm

oh yea you'll hit APL by the summer most def. doesnt it feel good to start from nothing and end up with something. im glad i started fresh cuz u can really track the difference and look back at pics like woooow, i've come a looong way. its such a proud moment. your doin a superb job at retaining!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 17th December 2010, 6:12 pm

great job on the length retention. i can't wait to see what your styles will look like by summer!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 17th December 2010, 8:19 pm

FHC you are a definitely a Hair Idol! Your retention is great and your hair looks so strong and healthy! You will definitely hit apl by the summer.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next