CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

+27
thetiffany
Freestyles
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
jeanlouisangel
priceless
jlowman1
BlondeByDesire
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
predestined010
Intelligentbeauty
QuietButterfly
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
poeticlyspkng
sweetdrk1
DivaDreamgirl
Nikcoils
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
Lynnieluve
Sebastain13
krazy coils
CocaColaCutie
funkyhairchic
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by FemmeFox 10th December 2010, 8:49 pm

Hey FHC!

Can I say that I want to get on your level? All your styles look fab and your skin is glowing! I may have to checkout that twistout method that you and Lynnie are raving about!

Luck you with two weeks vacay! We're off for 10 days starting on 12/23 and I'm like you ticking off days! Have a good weekend!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by funkyhairchic 11th December 2010, 1:26 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:FunkyHairChic is all that, I love you it.

You never cease to amaze me. Your hair looks FAB dahrling *Zsa Zsa Gabor*!!!
LOL! Thanks dahrling!

Sebastain13 wrote:Im loving the big hair You look GREAT
Thanks Sebastain13!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 11th December 2010, 1:28 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hey FHC!

Can I say that I want to get on your level? All your styles look fab and your skin is glowing! I may have to checkout that twistout method that you and Lynnie are raving about!

Luck you with two weeks vacay! We're off for 10 days starting on 12/23 and I'm like you ticking off days! Have a good weekend!

Hey Femme! Thanks, lovely! That TO method is a godsend. My hair has never looked this good in a twistout, seriously! I'm so ready for this break. I just have one more week and I'm back to freedom! Enjoy your holidays and get you some deserved TLC! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 11th December 2010, 2:30 pm

Happy Saturday lovelies!

I think I'm finally caught up with most of you and I must say, I'm so impressed with the progress all of you are making on your journies. It was only yesterday when we joined this site and we were just starting out on our hair journies; now look at us! I'm so proud of how far we've come! I guess it's safe to say, some of us are veterans in the natural hair game now! LOL!

Anywho, as you all know I've been doing this new Naptural85 TO method on my hair. I will never do my twistouts any other way from this point forward. To be able to stretch a twistout up to 5 possibly more days, is just too awesome! That's never happened before. All this week, I wore my hair out, and Nina just got bigger and bigger by the day. By day 5, she was still holding! What???Pics for your viewing pleasure!

Day 1 is on the previous page. Day 2 (no pics) my hair was bigger, but got a little frizzer. I kinda slept on it, too; trying to sleep like a princess. It still looked pretty good, though. Before bed on Day 2, I had retwisted my hair and started over. This is my Day 3 hair.
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Day3_r10

Day 4 Hair:
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Day4_t10

At night, for stretched hair in the morning, I would flat twist it in 4-5 chunky twists and go to sleep. Compared to day 3, look at my hair by Day 5 (yesterday)!
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Day5_t10

This how I did my hair for my nightly routine to keep my hair stretched and bigger the next day.
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Dscn5510
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Dscn5511

Needless to say, this will remain my tried and true method from now on. I'll try it with braidouts, too. In the meantime, I'm going to switch things up and try more protective styles from now until the new year. I've been studying lots of vids and I'm excited to try some new stuff. I'm not going to wash this weekend. I'm going to try a simple cinnabun on my old TO and wear it for a few days. I'll be back to post updates when I do it! That's all for now.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

TTYL!! xoxo
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th December 2010, 2:30 pm

Enjoy your break beautiful! You deserve it! I love that twist method it is truly a winner! Your hair is always beautiful! I love how it got bigger and big! Big hair is so beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 11th December 2010, 10:28 pm

Wow...your hair looks very defined on day 5!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th December 2010, 12:37 am

HEY CURLYTWIN,

I wanted to try Naptural85's twist method also. Because I think our hair is similar to hers (very coily). I am so glad it worked out for you. It looks great cheers . I will be trying it soon. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th December 2010, 2:04 am

Your hair looks amazing as always!!

Love, love, love Day 5 hair!! It was big, and fluffy!!

Go head FunkyHairChic!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th December 2010, 12:28 pm

Your hair looks great ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th December 2010, 12:44 pm

Look at you getting 5 day hair! I'm still working on day 2 lol

It looks great, I love Naptural85's vids!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th December 2010, 4:54 pm

Hey girlie! I've been experimenting with her method too! And I love the results. I'm still scared to sleep on my hair for fear of failure the next morning. But I'm going to try it in the coming days. I figure I can put it in a puff if it doesn't work out. I like the simple way you preserved your twists. I'll be giving that a try as my own method is less uniform!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th December 2010, 5:19 pm

Hey i found you i was like what happened i know i was gone for a little while but i see you had to change the name and sign up again. I love the new name and everyone else stated it is definitly a fit for you big fab hair. the styles are great as usual and i am still trying to get there. I will get there one day
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 13th December 2010, 6:35 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Enjoy your break beautiful! You deserve it! I love that twist method it is truly a winner! Your hair is always beautiful! I love how it got bigger and big! Big hair is so beautiful!
Thanks Sweet!

CocoEuro wrote:Wow...your hair looks very defined on day 5!!!
Hey Coco! I'm very pleased with this method! It's a winner!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HEY CURLYTWIN,

I wanted to try Naptural85's twist method also. Because I think our hair is similar to hers (very coily). I am so glad it worked out for you. It looks great cheers . I will be trying it soon. Smile
Hey Twin! Give it try, I think you'll be pleased!

Lynnieluve wrote:Your hair looks amazing as always!!

Love, love, love Day 5 hair!! It was big, and fluffy!!

Go head FunkyHairChic!!!
Thanks Lynnie!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your hair looks great ....
Thanks BBD!!!

jlowman1 wrote:Look at you getting 5 day hair! I'm still working on day 2 lol

It looks great, I love Naptural85's vids!
Hey J! I know right?! Never happens like this. She has great vids.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey girlie! I've been experimenting with her method too! And I love the results. I'm still scared to sleep on my hair for fear of failure the next morning. But I'm going to try it in the coming days. I figure I can put it in a puff if it doesn't work out. I like the simple way you preserved your twists. I'll be giving that a try as my own method is less uniform!
Hey PS! That's how I felt after my Day 1 hair. I had no clue how to keep it looking fresh so I slept like a princess that night. Then I saw how she flat twists hers down overnight for stretched hair and it did the trick. Not has much definition over the next few days, but bigger hair at least.

priceless wrote:Hey i found you i was like what happened i know i was gone for a little while but i see you had to change the name and sign up again. I love the new name and everyone else stated it is definitly a fit for you big fab hair. the styles are great as usual and i am still trying to get there. I will get there one day
Hey Priceless! Yea, I switched up the name on you guys. I had an account issue and just opened a new thread. So here I am. Thanks P! You're doing your thang with your mane!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 13th December 2010, 7:54 pm

I love that each day that you wore your hair it looked different I dont like wearing the same style
Thanks so much for the inspiration I know during the past 8 months there has been some days I wanted to go back to the CREAMY CRACK but I know it was a bigger picture & I got through it and Im glad that I did I am loviing my hair more & more every day She really has grown up alot
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 13th December 2010, 10:41 pm

Sebastain13 wrote:I love that each day that you wore your hair it looked different I dont like wearing the same style
Thanks so much for the inspiration I know during the past 8 months there has been some days I wanted to go back to the CREAMY CRACK but I know it was a bigger picture & I got through it and Im glad that I did I am loviing my hair more & more every day She really has grown up alot
Thanks S13! I'm so glad you're loving your hair! It's such a wonderful experience, not to mention fun!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 13th December 2010, 11:25 pm

Good evening beauties!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm proud to announce that today I have been natural for 18 months!!! I just looked up and realized what day it is and it's so crazy to think I've been natural for 1.5 years! Shocked All I can say is WOW!!!! Geeez, time flies!

As you know, I told you all that I'm experimenting with PSing. I tried something new yesterday to jumpstart my mission. I watched a video by YTer Sunshower143, and I did a cute cinnabun style minus the hump, inspired by her yesterday morning. Here's what it looks like!
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! - Page 2 Cinnab10

This is the first new style aside from my commonplace twisted pinups, and I really like it. It's very elegant, simple and chic for any occasion. All I did was put my hair in puff, part into two sections (top and bottom), took smaller sections and twirled/tucked and secured with a hair pin. Here is the link to the video if you're interested in trying it for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN4DVwg5kLY

Not sure how long this style will last. I just put a satin bonnet on it and if it was flat in the morning, I just unpinned that small section and retwirled and tucked it again. I've also been dabbling in perfecting my two-strand flat twisting. I starting to get the hand of it. Not so much for me to post pics, but I will when I'm 100% confident in my skills! lol

SN: I received my KBN Sweet Almond and Mango butters!!! OMG, they smell soooooooo good! I can't wait to try them. I also got her Lavender gel since I've heard such raving reviews about it. I'm excited they finally came in today! Now I get to see what all the fuss is about! LOL! Anywho, I'll be back to update you guys later this week! 4 more days to my vacation!!! YEEEEESSSSS!!!!

Smooches!! xoxo
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2010, 11:35 pm

That is the cutest cinnabun I have seen!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Very chic!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th December 2010, 12:25 am

That cinnabun is Gorgeous and I agree it looks very chic! I have the KBN butter in Sweet Almond and I love it! It smells so good I ended up using it as a body butter and it definitely works on the skin this time of the year!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 12:27 am

Since you vacation is right around the corner, I would love to see a tutorial on how YOU do your cinnabun.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 14th December 2010, 12:32 am

FHC....that is a beastly style...You are crazy ill with the styling..(and that all translates as beautiful, you are magnificent with the way you style, love it lol!) Blessings flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:33 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Since you vacation is right around the corner, I would love to see a tutorial on how YOU do your cinnabun.

I got you covered! LOL!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:34 am

Lynnieluve wrote:That is the cutest cinnabun I have seen!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Very chic!!!

Thank you, doll!!! *blush*
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:35 am

krazy coils wrote:That cinnabun is Gorgeous and I agree it looks very chic! I have the KBN butter in Sweet Almond and I love it! It smells so good I ended up using it as a body butter and it definitely works on the skin this time of the year!

Thanks, KC!!! I'm already in love with the smell! I'm going to try tonight before bed.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:37 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:FHC....that is a beastly style...You are crazy ill with the styling..(and that all translates as beautiful, you are magnificent with the way you style, love it lol!) Blessings flower

Thanks JAngel! LOL!!! I'm glad your diggin' it!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th December 2010, 5:20 am

Love, love, love the cinnabun. It is a very chic and elegant style. Unfortunately when I did mine, I had no pics Sad . But it can last a while. I slept on my sides so I didn't disturb the back too much. Make sure to moisturize the sides, back and front that are pulled up daily and tie it down at night.
Love it, chica!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next