CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

+27
thetiffany
Freestyles
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
jeanlouisangel
priceless
jlowman1
BlondeByDesire
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
predestined010
Intelligentbeauty
QuietButterfly
Juices-n-Berries
NubieNatty
poeticlyspkng
sweetdrk1
DivaDreamgirl
Nikcoils
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
Lynnieluve
Sebastain13
krazy coils
CocaColaCutie
funkyhairchic
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! Empty FunkyHairChic formerly CurlsGalore

Post by funkyhairchic 3rd December 2010, 2:01 pm

Hey ladies!

So something weird happened with my original account. It's not recognizing my username anymore so I registered under a new name. This will be my new alias from now on. Besides starting fresh is not entirely a bad thing. CurlsGalore was when my hair was in the beginning stages of the journey. FunkyHairChic is the stage my hair is in now. Big, funky, flirty hair is the name of the game! It's all good! Smile

Last edited by FunkyHairChic on 3rd December 2010, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Username)
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by CocaColaCutie 3rd December 2010, 2:56 pm

FunkyHairChic wrote:Hey ladies!

So something weird happened with my original account. It's not recognizing my username anymore so I registered under a new name. This will be my new alias from now on. Besides starting fresh is not entirely a bad thing. CurlsGalore was when my hair was in the beginning stages of the journey. FunkyHairChic is the stage my hair is in now. Big, funky, flirty hair is the name of the game! It's all good! Smile

I saw the avi in some other thread and was like hey...she changed her name and ain't tell nobody. LOL. glad you're going to keep posting!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics!

Post by krazy coils 3rd December 2010, 3:10 pm

I noticed the name change also. Like the new name and I'm always a fan of Big Hair!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 3rd December 2010, 3:11 pm

Hair looks great I will be there one day
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 3:16 pm

I noticed on another thread that your account name was your email address. That may be why you could sign in. I like the new name though...It describes you perfectly!!! afro
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd December 2010, 3:30 pm

Hey FHC...I like the new name! ;-)

Your avi is the biz! What did you do to your hair...I need the scoop!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd December 2010, 3:49 pm

Hey Chica!
Love the new name and your avatar is the bizness!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 3rd December 2010, 5:10 pm

Yeah I noticed that too! At I thought maybe she put her email address as her user cause she leaving CN. But the new name fits you!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 3rd December 2010, 5:11 pm

Hey! Love the avi!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd December 2010, 5:12 pm

Love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd December 2010, 8:41 pm

LOVE IT! Yes, you have morphed into FHC! Most def! 2 thumbs up!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd December 2010, 9:40 pm

ok yea stop confusing me and dont mind me if i just so happen to still call you CG, it takes me awhile to remember. i think it took me at least a good 2 months before i started calling crissy her new name, lol.

well yes honey...change is good **snaps** and as usual...ur hair is FIYAH!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th December 2010, 1:39 am

I like the new name!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th December 2010, 2:48 am

I like the new name and your avi!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th December 2010, 5:12 am

Hey curlytwin,

I love the new name and that profile pic!!
Did you do another blow out to get that fly twist out pic? BEAUTIFUL
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 8th December 2010, 12:14 pm

Thanks ladies! I'm loving it too! My avatar was by far one my best hair days. It was a stretched braidout. I kept the braids in for about 3-4 days and then let it loose!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 8th December 2010, 2:32 pm

Hey Sweethearts!

Thank you all! I'm so glad you guys are digging the new name! I'm loving it, too! I have so much to catch up on with you guys! I hope all is well with all of you. I'm so looking forward to the upcoming Christmas holidays! I'm in countdown mode to my next two week vacation! We will be out in the next 8 days and I'm marking days on the calendar like I'm in jail. Isn't that sad??? Anyway, I wish blessings to you and your families as you celebrate the holiday season. For there is much to be thankful for and much more to look forward to in the new year ahead!

Skincare:
Well, let me start with my skincare update! I'm happy to report that I finally found the right combo of oils to use for my OCM routine. I've been doing this routine for about 2 months, 2x a day, and so far so good. It's gone from good to much better now that I've switched up my formula. I now use 60% castor oil, 20% grapeseed oil, and now 20% jojoba oil. I had hazelnut oil in my previous mix. I've also added a few drops of lavender and tea tree oils for an added touch. My skin is truly thanking me for this routine. It's glowing, dewy, and super soft. I'm so thankful for The MopTop Maven for the in depth breakdown of skin types and oils. I did a little more research of my own, too. I'm still dealing with the occassional breakout in my chin area, but I'm treating them as they come and keeping the at bay.

Haircare:
My hair has been on its "act right" for a minute! The more it grows the better it gets. In my downtime, I've been really watching a lot of protective styling vids and although the twist pinups are cool, I'm bored with it! BORED!!! My hair is finally at a length where I can bun it! Yay! When my hair hair is stretched, I can pull it into a low bun. In the next few weeks, I'm going to try some new styles with bunning, and I don't necessarily mean the donut. Nothing wrong with a donut, but I want to kick my PSing up a notch. CN had a list of YT vids on her page yesterday and I'm a new fan of msvaughn! All I can say is WOW!!! Definitely loving her style and her hair is too funky fabulous!

In the meantime, I'm really loving the results of my twistouts here lately! Thank you Lynnie for hipping us to the Naptural85 twistout method! My hair has never looked more defined from my roots to my tips! Here are some results from my twistout using her method.

Monday:
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! DSCN5450
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! DSCN5451
I'm in love with my twistouts more now!

Oh, I forgot to share my hair from last Saturday! I did a side twistout/fro.
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! 2010-12-04124754_Wylie_Texas_US
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! 2010-12-04124448_Wylie_Texas_US
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! 2010-12-04123830_Wylie_Texas_US

Here is my hair during Thanksgiving weekend:
FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! Dscn5314

FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! Dscn5315

Lately, I've been using rosewater to moisturize before styling and my shea butter/coconut oil mixture (Naptural85 recipe) to detangle. I'm starting to like it more than my commericial products. My hair is crazy soft and not too greasy. A little goes a long way. My twistouts are bouncier and lighter. Curls are defined beautifully! I had this recipe stashed among my plethora of products and I forgot I had it. I'm so glad I revisited it.

Last but not least, I wanted to share a mini length check. The last time I checked my length was August. I'm knocking on 18 months natural. I'll check into the Natural Challenge thread and post my official length stats, but here is a comparison from Month 14 to Month 18.
[img]FunkyHairChic: Taking A Hiatus and mini update w/pics! LCMonth14-18[/img]

Looks like I'm about to hit APL! I stretched my hair in the back at my nape and it's just barely past my tattoo on my back. I'll post pics later. I try to do a comparison every 3-4 months.

Well, I think that covers it, ladies! That's what happens when I don't post regularly! I'll post more as it all comes to me! TTYL, lovelies!!!.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th December 2010, 3:35 pm

Looking fab as usual! Great update and I love the new name! Did I say that already?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 9th December 2010, 11:29 am

I just want to say your twistout is FAB! Iam so curious to know what is Natural85 twistout method on the twists ?just beautiful! I look forward to you and lynnie's curlstreet updates keep a sista motivated.
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 2:00 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Looking fab as usual! Great update and I love the new name! Did I say that already?
Thanks Sweet! You can't ever say that enough! You're so Sweet! (literally)

predestined010 wrote:I just want to say your twistout is FAB! Iam so curious to know what is Natural85 twistout method on the twists ?just beautiful! I look forward to you and lynnie's curlstreet updates keep a sista motivated.
Hi Predestined! Welcome to my thread! Thank you so much! You can find Naptural85 on Youtube and she has video on maintaining a twistout. My twistouts are thanking for this technique! Check her out! AWWW!!! I'm so humbled by that compliment! *blush* We love to keep each other motivated! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 2:03 pm

Hey Sweethearts,

I just wanted to clear up the confusion about the two threads. Please post all of your comments in this thread, as this is the one I'll be using from now on! Thanks, lovelies!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th December 2010, 2:42 pm

Lovely hair as always! I loved the side twistout fro! I like the tip of adding tea tree and lavender oil to the OCM I think I might try that one.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by predestined010 9th December 2010, 2:48 pm

Your so welcome when I seen your hair I was OMG if that is what I have to look forward too I'll keep going... I almost thought I was going to just give up and seriously consider getting locks or just grow my hair out and flat iron it... But Thanks to you and Lynnie that is no longer an option.
predestined010
predestined010

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th December 2010, 2:59 pm

FunkyHairChic is all that, I love you it.

You never cease to amaze me. Your hair looks FAB dahrling *Zsa Zsa Gabor*!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 9th December 2010, 3:22 pm

Im loving the big hair You look GREAT
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next