CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Multi Are You Taking?

+60
popsbaby
CheneyRochon
BajanPrincess82
tamyllia
NaturallyInspired
Napp_Napp_Cat
keeboo
JasLuv
Naturally Nu*
kinksncurls
missartistic
HazelEyes
marquila2007
CrissyQ
lacesonia
CurlsGalore
Gado-Gado Gal
WesternBell
tressedforsuccess
tiffyd
adiaha
Tiffy2
SheaQT
MsLizziA
TwistedKurlzz
Corygentri
Mllebutterfly
Succinctlyso
Tamren
CurlyLeA
tshala
AlxElle
WarriorPrincess
CurlyMo
vonda4b
Nubianactress
d.denise
curlyq145
curly+kinky+fierce
BrownSkinDiva
KDiva430
bella gee
ShyCurl
jlowman1
curleetricee
NhappyJackie
TerraD
nmoultry
natural83
Keisha
LovelyCurls
xtremelyperfect
A85
tiashaunteƩ
robinlouise
nalena
opheiliamath
so1913
crvng4mr
*CurlyNikki*
64 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Multi Are You Taking? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Multi Are You Taking?

Post by bella gee 2nd December 2009, 8:40 pm

Ive read that if you take a B vitamin in combination with Biotin you shouldnt get the acne problems...I recently (like a week) started taking 5000mcg, and dont have any problems yet.

I have Super B Complex vits by Nature Made ,but I have to find them! I already have trouble with acne in my t-zone, and Ive finally gotten it under control, so I defintely dont want any problems from biotin!
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyCurl 2nd December 2009, 11:27 pm

thanks bella gee, I will have to try that!! Your hair is amazing honey.
ShyCurl
ShyCurl

Back to top Go down

Post by KDiva430 2nd December 2009, 11:29 pm

Biotin can cause cystic acne (big ugly bumps) but if you drink enough water you can counteract it. I take 1000mgs with 500mgs of niacin for hair growth. It works but it also means I have to wax/shave everywhere else twice as much .
KDiva430
KDiva430

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 3rd December 2009, 11:03 am

Im currently taking the Active multi from GNC, its a twice a day vitamin and Im about to start taking a whey protein shake...primarily because I workout alot...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th December 2009, 11:12 am

@kdiva..im glad u said that bc i take biotin and when i wasnt drinking enough water i did notice i would have like a big pump out of nowhere !

I take Women's one a day, Biotin , and Vitamin C...
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 5th December 2009, 5:38 pm

@kdiva..was wondering why i was starting to get them since I don't eat as much fried foods as much and if it was cycle time(which is usually when I get both).

@curlykinkyfierce...gotta increase my water too!
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 7th December 2009, 1:21 am

Trader Joe's/Darwins Crusade are very reasonably sized... like the size of Tylenol caplets. Indpendent studies have been conducted on this product and all the ingredients check out!

I now take this: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Vibrance-Vibrant-Health-Ounces/dp/B000NDME6C

in place of everything. I drink one tablespoon in V8 Fusion Light every morning. That provides me with like 7 servings of fruits and veggies plus lots of other stuff.... and the vitamins and minerals aren't lab produced, they come from whole foods Very Happy Check it out!

I purchase from Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 7th December 2009, 1:21 am

*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 7th December 2009, 10:27 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:Trader Joe's/Darwins Crusade are very reasonably sized... like the size of Tylenol caplets. Indpendent studies have been conducted on this product and all the ingredients check out!

I now take this: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Vibrance-Vibrant-Health-Ounces/dp/B000NDME6C

in place of everything. I drink one tablespoon in V8 Fusion Light every morning. That provides me with like 7 servings of fruits and veggies plus lots of other stuff.... and the vitamins and minerals aren't lab produced, they come from whole foods Very Happy Check it out!

I purchase from Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods.

Thanks for the link Nikki and will be trying it and reporting back!
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 5:19 am

here are mine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

couldnt remember the name of them for the life of me so I found them...lazy. because I clearly could have walked to the kitchen and picked up the bottle lol. But it had the best mix of everything I wanted and its 100% natural. I stood in Henry's for about an hour trying to figure out which one I wanted!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubianactress 9th December 2009, 3:39 am

I stole some Incredible Hulk gummie multivitamins from my little sister ( she wasn't using them) ...they haven't worked as good as other multivitamins I've used but they we free and taste damn good.
Nubianactress
Nubianactress

http://www.krystelmcneil.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 9th December 2009, 5:32 pm

Ok. on the Biotin I have noticed that my acne has gotten worse. I've been taking the Hairfinity's healthy hair complex for a little over 2 weeks now and I have noticed my acne is worse. I'm already very oily in my t-zones and I can't seem to get it under control. I will have to check out the supplement you are taking, Nikki.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 9th December 2009, 6:32 pm

D Denise, that's an excellent brand. It was in the top 25 in the independent study on multi effectiveness/ingredients.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 9th December 2009, 11:02 pm

I take woman's one a day with an extra Vitamin E, B 12 and B 6 at night I may throw in a Vitamin D LOL I know right!!! hahah .
If you don’t want to take the Biotin then take Horsetail its basically the same thing "Silica"...I take my horsetail in a herbal tea form and add in 20 drops of marshmallow and 20 drops of nettle for my hair...

Last edited by Curlymo on 9th December 2009, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 9th December 2009, 11:11 pm

BTW.....I was watching a Dr OZ show and he said if you want a test to see if you are taking a good Vitamin put it in water if it dissolves in 15 min its good...I tested a few and the only one that dissolved in that time was the woman's one a day...He also mentioned cutting it in half and taking half in the morning and the other in the evening...Something about the releasing of the whole vitamin all at once and that it would be best to splitting the release through the body 2 times a day...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorPrincess 10th December 2009, 10:21 pm

I only take multivitamins and supplement manufactured by a company called TwinLab. They are one of the few very well researched and reputable supplement companies out there. If I'm looking for a supplement, I want to first check if Twin Lab makes it. Anywho, for those who are into taking prenatals before you are natal [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , they have a prenatal capsule, I just found. I will be switching to this one as I usually take this one.

Most manufacturers make the horse pill type and you have to take 6 pills a day to get the daily allowance. You only take one Twinlab and they come in capsules for easier absorption.

Because I juice almost every day and take a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil almost daily (high vitamin D and A in this oil), I'm getting most of my vitamins and minerals directly from the source. So I have to be careful with my multivitamins as I don't want to get too much of what is needed in a day.

For example: if I have my cod liver and juiced that day, I may not even take my multivitamin. That's too much vitamin A in a day as carrots are my base in my juices.

Or if I have both cod liver and multivitamin on hand and DID NOT juice that day, I'll take cod liver in morning and multivitamin at night. This way, by the time night comes, I would have used up or released (going to bathroom) some of those A and D vitamins.

I try to take some supplement at night because I've been told by some health professionals that, that is the best time to take them because at night during sleep your body is replenishing and healing itself. So it's good to have those nutrients available at this time to facilitate this repair/rejuvenation process.

Also, it follows the logic that during the day you should be eating well to fuel and nourish your body and supplements are to "add" to what you are already doing--not replacing. Anyhoo, hope this info was helpful. In addition, I have keep on hand and take:

1)Protein (whey)
2)Pancreatic Enzyme (Twin Lab) to aid digestion
3)CoQ10
4)Twin Lab Stress B Vitamins. I keep these on hand and take them during my menstrual cycle to help support my nervous system and emotions at that time. I don't take these daily as I get enough B vitamins in the multi but when my cycle hits I need extra support.

Oh! This may gross you guys out and I don't expect any of you to ever try this, but almost every morning I mince and swallow a couple cloves of raw garlic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (I don't chew just chase like bad medicine). I kill garlic breath by chasing it with fresh lemon, ginger, or chew some basil. I'm hardcore with my health and it don't have to taste good. I've trained myself to eat to live not to live to eat. Although I do favor food tasting good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm not a vegetarian either. I like to get stuff straight from source so then I know what I'm getting. I rarely get sick and when I do it is short lived. Yea garlic! Read about it here. Google it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WarriorPrincess
WarriorPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 11th December 2009, 1:17 pm

Ok. Tisha. I just thought I would share this with a friend/co-worker. She's really into her health and she just asked me why I don't take a multi because I mentioned one day that I could not remember how old my daughter was 5/6 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ? I had to ask her. I really need to take something for memory, immunity, calcium, joint health..etc. Can you recommend some things?

I haven't quite arrived at the eat to live yet, but i have managed to keep off 30lbs for over a year. I'm >180lbs now but I really need to get down to 164lbs.

When you say you juice everyday does that mean that is all you have as your meals? breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch, dinner?
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubianactress 11th December 2009, 4:54 pm

I just started taking boitin and Women's One A Day...and I'm apparently going to have to start drinking even more water because I dont wear makeup unless I'm on stage and the last thing I need is skin problems.
Nubianactress
Nubianactress

http://www.krystelmcneil.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorPrincess 11th December 2009, 10:38 pm

Okay guys,

forgive me if I'm overwhelming. I try to just get on here and be brief but I can't. I want you know all I know and I want to know all you know. LOL! Conciseness Help! Okay

@vonda. As far a brain function I did some research on a nutrient with a huge name called phosphatidylserine. But don't worry just by this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I recently found out Twin Lab made a version. I used the one by a manufacturer called Jarron (also reputable). So I will be using the Twinlab one. I only used the Jarron product for one month and I believe it takes a little while to get in your system to prove effective. I can't say I noticed any improvements.

Phosphatidylserine could be a good question for ajewel--the resident chemist. Wonder what she knows about this nutrient and if it really supports memory as it is advertised. I have the same issue w/ memory and I know a great much of it has been stress related--and working 3rd shift for over a year. Messed me up.

But as soon as I'm employed I will be buying this again and adding this to my regimen. I only put above what I'm currently doing right now.

Also Omega fatty acids and B vitamins are good support for brain function. So just doing that consistently should be good. But I need extra support. I am seeing some improvement in my mental clarity though.

Also Vonda, you said:

When you say you juice everyday does that mean that is all you have as your meals? breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch, dinner?

Cracking up. Child, no! Just first thing in Am. Here is how my eating looks if I'm on point.

Pre-breakfast:
2oz of freshly juiced aloe (from plant) and lemon with garlic. The aloe/lemon is my chaser.

Then I do about 6-8 oz of carrot/beet/parsley/apple /ginger--or whatever I feel like juicing. Usually carrot beet parsley are my staples.

Breakfast
Protein shake w/ a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts
Or Protein shake w/ 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal

2-3 hours later (usually post workout)
Another Protein Shake or protein bar and something light, like fruit or nuts or maybe just the shake.

Lunch
Some form of protein w/ something green (chicken fish bean/salsa broccoli, spinach) and some carb if I feel like it. I really liked sweet potato fries. But will get down with some french fries if I feel like it!

Dinner
Some form of protein with something green

What I forgot to add to my list yesterday was WATER. It is almost second nature to me that I forgot to add it.

On days I workout I can get about 100 oz of water. On normal days I get about 50-80 oz.

Because I'm into my 30s, I notice that I have to work harder. Although, I'm thin by most standards, I see fat depositing in my midsection (I contribute to stress hormone cortisol and SUGA). I can't eat like I use to when I was 25 LOL! So I started researching was to help me rebalance my stress (sleep is huge, btw) and manage my suga cravings. What did I find?

CINNAMON. Benefits of Cinnamon I just got an order of pure cinnamon, aka CEYLON (read about the difference).And also the spiceTUMERIC. Regarding brain function, if you scroll down the Tumeric link there, there is talk of it improving BRAIN FUNCTION as well. And how research is or has been conducted at UCLA relative to its potential affect on Alzheimers. The jury is till out. But yo! I've been taking it a bit over a week and I swear I almost immediately felt a boost in my mental clarity after sipping on Tumeric and hot water. I was like oh my! I wasn't even expecting it--so it was not being hyper suggestable (placebo affect). I was turned on to it for skin care! Anyhoo....

It does not taste good though-you gotta get in that eat to live mode to get with this Tumeric. Now the Tumeric, milk, and honey is good. And when I drank it this way, I did NOT notice a boost in mental clarity. This is a good bedtime elixer. Very relaxing. And I was sick thanksgiving with a bad head cold. After the first day of this tumeric (bot elixers) I was dried up. Within about 3 days--phelgm completely gone! So don't sleep on these herbs and spices. Science may simply need to "catch up" See tumeric recipes here. Oh don't touch it as it stains your hands for days/weeks.

Finally, consider doing the cinnamon and honey tea as prescribed in these links. It has been researched that it assists diabetics control blood sugar levels and there are many testimonials of it aiding in weight loss.

I hope this was helpful.

Whew [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WarriorPrincess
WarriorPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 12th December 2009, 1:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]LOL...wow. ok that was a lot to take in but I need to really get serious about my health. I will admit if it's nasty I won't fool with it. I have heard about the benefits of cinnamon and honey but have yet to try it. This was some good information you gave and I will take a gander at the links provided. Thank you, girl. I will probably have more questions.
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

What Multi Are You Taking? - Page 2 Empty Exotic Allure Hair Vitamins

Post by AlxElle 12th December 2009, 10:38 am

I take Fast Grow by exotic allure. I LOVE THEM. While I was transitioning I started these and got about 4 inches of growth in 2 months. After about 4 months of use I was able to finally BC. :-)

Id highly recommend these.

http://www.exoticallure.com/
or Amazon.

I also take MSM and Super B complex along with Beta Carotene.
I know thats a lot lol... but they work well for my hair, skin and nails! Very Happy
AlxElle
AlxElle

http://healthyghb.blogspot.com or safihaircare.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tshala 12th December 2009, 11:48 am

I take the DailyPlus powder and Proanthenols 50 mg from Life plus and as far as now I am pleased with the results. I just started and at this time I don`t see an effect in my hair but on my skin (much clearer) and my overall energy ( now, I have some)
tshala
tshala

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 14th December 2009, 11:17 am

@Tisha~

Great info!!!...Can you please advise on the best Cinnamon to purchase i want to give the cinnamon and honey a try

Ceylon Cinnamon
Indonesia Cinnamon
Cassia Cinnamon

Thanks in advance!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyLeA 14th December 2009, 9:23 pm

@ ShyCurl
I've taken Biotin for the longest and i have pretty clear skin... never had an issue. Maybe it depends on your skin type? You should give it a try and if needed stop taking it.
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 14th December 2009, 10:34 pm

@curlylea how long did it take before you saw results from biotin?
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next