CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm taking the Henna plunge -

+2
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Bosandi
6 posters

Go down

I'm taking the Henna plunge - Empty I'm taking the Henna plunge -

Post by Bosandi 30th January 2010, 6:52 pm

Okay, I've lurked on the henna pages too long and have decided to take the plunge. Well, really, I spotted a new Indian grocery store near my home. Part of my procrastination was going to an area of town that I hate in order to buy the henna - this was an easy spontaneous drive by.

You'd swear I'm about to perform surgery with the knots in my tummy and I'm only preparing to mix it.

I'm gonna let it sit a few hours then place it in the restroom while I shower. I was too lazy to make it last night. I plan to sleep with it and rinse sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I'll post before and after picts.

I don't know why this is so nerve-wracking. Before I went natural, I'd slap a relaxer in my head without a second thought.
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

I'm taking the Henna plunge - Empty Re: I'm taking the Henna plunge -

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 30th January 2010, 7:13 pm

Who u tellin'...I JUST bought mine and dont know what to do.....I'm lost
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th January 2010, 8:13 pm

@Bosandi Yayyy for you! Glad u decided to do it girl...its soooo worth it! I just henna'd for the 3rd time Thursday night, and my hair was GORG yesterday! Im actually thinking about stepping it up to henna every 4 weeks maybe! Hahaha, maybe! LOL! I just get so amp'd after I do it and my hair turns out so great!

I noticed you are in Houston too...what indian store did you purchase your Henna from? I keep saying that whenever Im near the Harwin area, I was going to shop around for some Henna, but I always forget. So I end up ordering my henna online.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosandi 31st January 2010, 3:31 pm

@natural83 I live out hwy 6 in Missouri City. The store is on 6, right b/f you cross over into Sugar Land. It's in a strip center across from LA Fitness and Spec's liquor store. BTW- were you at the meet-up a few weeks ago?

I hate Harwin and avoid it at all costs so it would take an act of god to get me over there. I'm more spontaneous when trying new things (I do it b/f I change my mind) so ordering the henna would require that I plan too far in advance. I may order henna for my next go round.

Hey 3C...finally - it's not bad at all - just do it!!!!

I'm DC'ing while I type this. Washing the henna out wasn't so bad and I could tell the difference in my hair instantly. It's stronger, has fewer tangles, and my curls were more defined. My curls were popping all over the place when I got out of the shower. I can see the reddish color too. My hair wasn't even dry like some people said. I guess the honey helped.

I'll post pics of my results. I finally got my avatar up. That's my hair right before I put the henna in. It was a twist and curl gone wrong.
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 2nd February 2010, 4:38 am

Glad it turned out so well for you!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 3rd February 2010, 9:53 pm

Hello Ladies, OMG I got my Henna Saturday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so exciting. well I finally used my henna Yesterday.. I am loving my Hair, have found a new love for my TWA. I was a bit nervous though due to after big chop in Oct I dyed my hair Honey Blonde(dark and Lovely).But I took the plunge applied the henna and Amla mix 1st then Indigo..(Thanks to R2D2 for the info). after aplying the henna mix to my hair it turn this beautiful arburn/red/brown. I should have taken a picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had to talk myself into using the indigo (not sure want the final result was going to be) so I applied the indigo.. I love it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It even colored my grey [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] which never happen with the boxed hair dye. Thanks to all the ladies on this site who share!! I am going to try to post some before and after pictures.Ater pic then Before then after pic..... trying to get the hang of posting pictures [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [img] After Henna: [url=https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/83/00/58/p9260210.jpg[/img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/83/00/58/p9260210.jpg[/img][/url[/url]]
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosandi 5th February 2010, 6:10 pm

@Mspla - your hair looks great!

Okay, I have a confession. I haven't posted any pictures b/c I didn't like the color of my hair. Not a big fan of how red looks on me. Otherwise, I love how my hair feels and there's little to no shedding. I didn't even have the drying out that many people complained about.

So, I'm 6 days post henna and I can tell that the color is deepening and I'm starting to like it - not love it. I'm gonna do a henna treatment next weekend and add some indigo. The results are too good to let a little red stop me.

So just when I decide to post my 2 day post henna pict, I realized that I need some type of public folder to link it to. Once I set that up I'll post my pics.

So any ladies who are considering henna but are leery about the red be sure to add some indigo. I think Alma helps too (anyone who knows please chime in).

Bosandi
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 5th February 2010, 8:59 pm

Hi Bosandi,

I am sitting here with henna in my hair as I type. Glad you mostly love the results. I am REALLY hoping I do as well especially since I've been sitting here worrying about the results. I decided not to over night the process. Since it snowed here and I came home early, I put it in as soon as I got home, will remove it around 9, then deep condish for awhile with heat. I should have taken a before. Hoping the AFTER pic turns out well!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 5th February 2010, 11:23 pm

Hey! I henna'd last weekend for the 1st time(love) I used Amla with mine and let them sit mixed for 2 hours then applied to my hair for another 2 hours...my hair was kinda black in places/brown/red(all this from bleaching & perm dye) and can I say I have THE most gorgeous auburn(warm brown red) color....I LOVE it!!! I knew my hair would take all that red because it's naturally sandy brown..thats why I added AMla and I always will everytime I henna. So I definitely recommend the Amla/Henna mix.
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 6th February 2010, 1:28 am

Well, I did it. Now it's sitting in twists til tomorrow. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair has a slight brownish tint. We'll see tomorrow... Wish me luck!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 6th February 2010, 8:04 pm

@ Bosandi, Thanks I love your hair... I so love my hair But next time I think i will leave the indigo on longer in hopes of darker hair alothough it is no longer honey blonde it does have a dark brown tint to it in sun light.
This is the info I used to post my pictures Curly Niki posted this info: -Click on the image above that looks like a polaroid with a blue computer disk in front of it
-Browse your hard drive for the image, and click 'host it'
-Copy the 2nd (middle) code that says 'image', and paste it into the body of the text
-Click on the image above again to close the box

That's it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I hope this helps!
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down