CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild grow hair oil

+97
QueenSheba
Ashespeak22
shemara2009
manefreeme
ChocBeauty
JaliseH
GlamBlam83
Kemali727
Hart-4-Naturals
Bebbe
cagebird
Naturalee4Me
mrscoutrmmm
slimwithabs
beautynthadark
gotcurls?
BlacknGolden
Leelo
curlya
mokacoffey
Sexi*Junior
HealthyHairLover
misskris
over40fab
butterfly_sandy
tareace
rvalent2
curlygirl13
creolebeauty1
Ravie11
NaturalMahogany
Butterfly125
Stephy0306
curllover2012
mitchellzee
Silver7eyez
nebula
Brainiac
ljkelly
jenerett
darcellie
NaturallyPrecious
MissQueen
NaturalTina
Estiscurls
Sebastain13
DEE DUBB
napturaldelta
adamseve
brandiitneka
Peggy
jaylin20032003
curlygirlinastraightworld
MicaiahTy
Myeka33
Mzbush
vcoutureex3
TerraD
pouterblu
agore07
Peachtree
NaturallyLovely
Songwriter88
knatural
serendipityzchild
naturalnanz
redbonegirl97
vonda4b
NickyMay
CreoleLady88
besona
70's BabyGirl
Janique
reggiestr
neethair
Tiffy2
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
BlakButterfli
shaybutta24
cocoachanel
likethemoon
meeksj1
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Succinctlyso
CurlyLeA
tiphani
KinkySheaPT
svrbrownsuga
ydr
AfrikanLatina
labon10
natural83
Amneris324
cdcoles
so1913
Maricopa
CurlyMix
101 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wild grow hair oil - Page 4 Empty Re: Wild grow hair oil

Post by reggiestr 11th June 2010, 10:21 am

TerraD wrote:I have sensitive skin/scalp. So, for me when a product makes my scalp itch, it's too strong and I have to stop using it. Itching is usually caused by dry skin or an irritant, never heard of growth causing itching, but it could be a possibility.

I too have a sensitive scalp. Sometimes growth products do make my scalp itch. I tried the Wild Growth Oil on a very thin spot on the front my head and that's exactly what happened. I figured "oh maybe it just waking up my follicles or whatever". So I kept a close watch on my hair's progress. I'm glad I did because it was making what hair I did have in the front fall out! I stopped using it immediately.

However, for those interested, I did find a product for hair growth that does not have a bad smell. Hydratherma makes a product called Follicle Invigorator.
http://healthyhairjourney.com/contact.html
This one is a water based product that you spray on your scalp.

It too did make my hair a little itchy in the beginning. But not as bad as WGO. I used it twice a week for my scalp to get used to it. And now I can use it everyday. And yes it works. The thin spot in the front of my head is gone after just 6 weeks!

So there are alternative for people who can't stomach the smell of the Wild Growth Oil

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by DEE DUBB 16th June 2010, 10:46 am

I bought the WGO (light formula) yesterday, and I just use it to moisturize my hair. It has all the ingredients of a good oil spray, but it does smell odd. It is so light that you can spray it out of a spray bottle. I am not sure about the growth potential, because I've only been spraying it on the top of my hair (but not my scalp), but I will keep you posted!
DEE DUBB
DEE DUBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 16th June 2010, 11:35 am

I jus bought some WGO n tha light formula as well

Tha odor is not good at all I apply it at night only It doesnt make my scalp itch at all but wen I did start using it;it did make my edges feel different I cannot descibe it but other than that I have been applying it nightly on my edges & all ova my head

Will let u know tha results [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 20th June 2010, 3:41 am

knatural wrote:I use the Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer in the yellow bottle. The smell is a lot better. I mix it with Sulfur 8 and I have gotten phenomenal results. I was bald in the temple area since 2004. Now I have hair in those areas. You can see my pics here
[url=http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com/search/label/hair%20length%20check
http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com/search/label/hair%20length%20check[/quote[/url]]

Whoa!! Your pictures have sold this product for me. You're right - your results are phenomenal!!
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 20th June 2010, 3:28 pm

I'm gonna try this out! I'm striving for a BAA!!! lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by MissQueen 25th June 2010, 10:12 am

I have used wild growth hair oil from time to time, when my mother was trying to thicken and grow my hair. My experience....
Its a great product of course the smell can be a little bit overwhelming, but I suggest as others have done on here to use it before bed and not as a grooming aid, if you dont want to deal with the smell.
Its like one of those things for certain people would you rather have something that smells good and doesn't work, or a really strong herbal smell that does work Smile It doesn't stink, lol it just smells like spices that should not go together
Here is a page with a little more information on its ingredients and more info

Wild Growth Ingredients and FAQ's
MissQueen
MissQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 26th June 2010, 5:38 pm

Ladies, my experience with this oil has been successful. As for the smell, yeah can't argue there. What I've done was put a good few drops of Peppermint EO in it and that seemed to help a whole lot. I also only put it in at night as suggested. But to combat the seeping into your pillow, I just baggy my hair and place my satin cap over it. I don't put too much oil in either (neither do I apply it every day)and I also massage it in to help distribute it without having the "overflow" so to speak.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 26th June 2010, 7:25 pm

@NaturallyPrecious How much growth did you get from this product, and how long did it take for you to see results? BTW, your avatar is fierce! Love it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 28th June 2010, 12:24 am

natural83 wrote:@NaturallyPrecious How much growth did you get from this product, and how long did it take for you to see results? BTW, your avatar is fierce! Love it!

Well put it this way. I was having issues with my hairline thinning and a very thin patch of hair along the sides of my hair. All because of micros. After a few months when I noticed the areas weren't growing back with anything else I did, I tried the WGHO and started massaging it into the area and before I knew it hair started growing there again. I did although add a little sulfur to the mix and idea I got from LHCF. So I didn't get an abundance of growth so to speak, but rather thickening in troubled areas and such.

Thanks for the compliment. This is the length I pray my hair reaches by my b'day in Nov. when I'll be 18 mths post. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by darcellie 30th June 2010, 2:01 am

i LOVE Wild Growth, the smell doesn't really bother me (my boyfriend thinks it smells like cold meds lol). Has anyone tried to use it as a hot oil/ leave in, I heat it up for maybe 30 secs before i put it in root to tip put my hair in 4 big sections and go to sleep when i wake up my hair is soft and has a great sheen
darcellie
darcellie

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcellie

Back to top Go down

Wild grow hair oil - Page 4 Empty the "smell" and more

Post by jenerett 2nd July 2010, 7:51 pm

I bought wild grow a couple days ago. After all I read about the infamous smell, I expected it to be unbearable. The fear of the smell actually almost kept me from buying it but I took the plunge anyway. No it doesn't smell like a pina colada fruity dessert that you would want to eat but it doesn't stink either. I'm not sure if the formula has changed but my bottle has fragrance as the last ingredient so maybe that's why mine isnt super stinky. I also use lavender oil in hair on the days I'm not using wild grow so maybe that masks the smell. I've smelled it directly from the bottle and it's a weird aroma but not bad. I'd decribe it had a mixture of menthol (eucalyptus) and soy sauce (slighty fishy). When I smell it I can faintly tell the menthol smell is covering up a slight fishy aroma but its very faint.

Aside from that I've applied it twice. No itching but it did make my scalp feel warm. I'm not sure how else to describe the warm feeling, its like the temperature of my scalp heated up. My scalp drunk up the oil quickly so it seems that my scalp really likes it. Other than that its too soon to notice any differences however my roots feel thicker than normal.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 6th July 2010, 2:01 am

how much peppermint oil is "safe"? cause that smell.... Mad everytime i use it my girlfriend goes to sleep on the couch smh
i'm bout to put the whole thing of peppermint oil in there lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by ljkelly 6th July 2010, 10:23 pm

I found this forum last night & ran out and bought the oil today! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Can you say, PJ? I am going to try it out tonight & hopefully I will find some success!
ljkelly
ljkelly

https://www.facebook.com/ljkelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 7th July 2010, 5:24 pm

OK so I finally got the Wild Growth Oil today from Sally's. When I opened the cap I thought the smell was going to be horrible. But to me the smell is not bad at all.

I'm going to apply this to my scalp 3x a week for a month and see how it goes. I hope I get good results like most of yall. Wish me luck.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 7th July 2010, 5:34 pm

Updates. I've applied wild grow four times. I bought it last week. I apply in Monday, Wednesday, Friday and repeat each week. No joke. My hair is thicker already. So thick I might have to cut back to only using it once or twice a week. I noticed the thickness after the 2nd application but I was skeptical that a change would happen that soon. But it did! I already have super thick hair as you can tekk from my baby picture, lol. So the thought of it getting even thicker is scarey.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 7th July 2010, 7:24 pm

Ok so do i have take out my twist for this product to work or i can still apply it to my scalp while wearing twist?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 10th July 2010, 1:40 am

I've used "Hair Fertilizer" since December 2009, it's been 7 months and my temples have grown back in. I only applied it to my scalp and rubbed it in. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's a pic of my left temple in Jan 2010: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's a pic of my left temple in Jul 2010:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now I'm using Wild Growth Hair Oil and will be watching for growth. Even though the directions say to apply it to all the hair, I only apply it to my scalp. This time I am putting it on my entire scalp, not only the hairline. Yes, it smells AND, for me at least, it itches and I'm thinking that that is the oil doing its stuff. Since I've only been washing my hair with conditioner my dandruff has disappeared!! But when I did get dandruff I noticed that my hair would have a growth spurt. So since I don't have any bumps or breakout I am thinking that this itching is my hair follicles getting busy!
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainiac 12th July 2010, 3:03 pm

Should I combine the Wild Growth Oil with another oil I use? I've been using the hair Nourishment oil from komazahaircare.

Should I put both of them in a bottle and use as one?

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 12th July 2010, 7:57 pm

I would try it both ways - pour some WGO in another bottle and mix it with the other oil and apply it and see if the smell is better.

Then try putting in the WGO first and rubbing it end will good and then put in the other oil and rub in.

Compare and decide. Then let me know.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by nebula 16th July 2010, 12:12 am

I just bought some of this. Honestly, I kind of like the smell LOL. It reminds me of my great great grandmother. Maybe its the castor oil.
nebula
nebula

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver7eyez 20th August 2010, 7:33 am

I LOVE this oil. It's mostly all natural and it there is no chemical X or magic. It's simply the oils that that benifit your hair the most in one bottle, and it's the greatest. I have gotten use to the smell, and it no longer bothers me at all. After a few days use your hair will feel much softer and it will miss it if you stop. Not everyone experiences itching, and of course results may vary. dance
Silver7eyez
Silver7eyez

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchellzee 3rd September 2010, 1:02 am

I just bought a bottle today and am looking forward to using this as part of a hair growth challenge. I will be using it 3x's per week on my scalp. I'm hoping for growth and filling in my edges.

Oh, for the smell, I'm probably going to add either an essent. oil or fragrance oil from my soapmaking stash to disguise it. We'll see! Wink.
mitchellzee
mitchellzee

http://www.curlyincolorado.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curllover2012 8th September 2010, 11:11 pm

Ok, so you ladies almost scared me from buying this because of all of the complaints about the smell! lls But I am so desperate to grow my edges that I bought it anyways and call me crazy, but I kind of like the smell! lol I asked my SO if he thought it reeked and he said that it wasn't so bad either (and trust me, if it was stank, he would have told me!)

I will admit, the smell is a little weird, but you stop smelling it after a while.

So anyways, I have been using it for a while, but not long enough for me to tell you to run out and buy it. I am tracking my progress to see how well it works here:

http://public.fotki.com/curllover2012/growing-my-edges-1/

I will try to post pics once per month so that you can see how well and how quickly it works (for me). HTH!!!
curllover2012
curllover2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 17th October 2010, 12:36 pm

okay i gotta try this stuff lol while im transitioning even tho i didnt do the big chop.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th October 2010, 5:19 pm

Thank you, thank you! I just found it at the Sally's here in Vegas for $5.79. I too have a small bald spot behind my ear from pulling out a braid, and I have a little thinning around my hair line. Can't wait to see how it works!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next