CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow/Re-Grow Hair??

2 posters

Go down

Grow/Re-Grow Hair?? Empty Grow/Re-Grow Hair??

Post by Koily_K-Lo 12th January 2010, 12:03 am

Hello All.... This is my first time in the forum, but this question is actually for my Mommy .

My Mommy (yes I said Mommy!!) is a mixed race woman who has always had long beautiful hair. She is now a breast cancer survivor (THANK YOU GOD! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) who has been through surgery and radiation but sadly, lost all of her beautiful hair.

Since then, almost 5 yrs now, (WOO WOO!!) her hair has come back in patches, and very thin at that. She mostly sports wigs and now cute hats and scarves since I bought them for her and threw out my fathers ratty old ball caps (UGH!).

My question is this: Does anyone out there know of a product or even product line that could help her grow/re-grow hair all over vs in patches??? I don't care the price because my Mommy is OH SO WORTH IT.

Any and all advice/ suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Besos,

~Karen
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Grow/Re-Grow Hair?? Empty Re: Grow/Re-Grow Hair??

Post by LilMsPuddles 12th January 2010, 12:33 am

Congratulations to you and your mother! I had two aunts with breast cancer and while neither of them died from it the one kept getting cancer and the last time it metastasized into her stomach and liver, killing her. I'm not sure of a product line to recommend. In my opinion nouritress works but it has some not so hair friendly ingredients in it. I would suggest seeing a dermatologist though if she hasn't already, they can possibly help diagnose the extent of damage on her follicles and give you advice on repairing/regrowing the hair.
God Bless & Good Luck!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Koily_K-Lo 12th January 2010, 12:44 am

Thanks for the advice. I don't believe she has seen a dermatologist, but I'll be sure to talk to her about it tomorrow. She'd feed me to the wolves if I called her at this hour!

Sorry to hear about your aunt. It's hard on the patients but it's h*ll on the family. No matter, we'll keep on fighting and praying through it all.

I appreciate your help.

~K
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down