CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 12 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by BriaBeauty 12th January 2011, 1:03 pm

Mom doesn't want my pictures on the web :/

Last edited by BriaBeauty on 12th January 2011, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My mom >,<)

BriaBeauty

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 12 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by naturallychelsea 12th January 2011, 2:36 pm

nice bri
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BriaBeauty 12th January 2011, 4:39 pm

Thank you! They took forever :/ lol I think I'm ready to take them down tho... I miss my hair

BriaBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 17th January 2011, 3:55 pm

Hey ladies,

Just checking in... Smile

My hair is still in twists (another two weeks and I will take them down, measure my hair, wash, DC, and put my hair back into a protective style.

Looking forward to your updates!
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 18th January 2011, 4:55 pm

This is a great idea @NaturalChelsea, my "hide my hair plan" is my lace fronts, and since i did the bc YESTERDAY! this should be easy for a few months! go ladies!!
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 18th January 2011, 11:16 pm

OMG gotcurls you did it!!!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 19th January 2011, 1:15 am

i know!!! if those relaxed ends can't meet to form a pony tail anymore, it's like why even bother?? so i co-washed and while it was wet i got the chopping lol
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 20th January 2011, 8:30 pm

Love your hair inspirations
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 21st January 2011, 12:14 am

Beautifulyfle- Thanks! they keep me going, i know my hair wont get that length tomorrow, but i am planning for it to be big curly and beautiful for my wedding so either my boyfriend is going to wait, or i'll be patient lol
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 21st January 2011, 10:51 am

Ok ladies,
I put braids in my hair again for the 3rd time now. I think that I'm getting pretty good at it. It only took 7 hours this time. I now use Herbal essence hydralicious reconditioning shampoo and conditioner and I love love love them! I have also put together my own braid spray/leave-in. It's a mix of water, castor oil, aloe, tea tree and olive oil. I also put coconut oil in every morning. I've been taking my vitamins and I have great hopes. March 8th is the date of my BC so I'm super excited. I've been looking into making my own hair clips and head bands so we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone is doing ok with the challenge. So far so good for me Smile Keep curls alive!
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by The Raw Twinkie 21st January 2011, 8:06 pm

@CurlsofGlory, That is awesome! I didnt know your BC date was that close. WOW!! You should have some nice growth before you cut by keeping your hair braided. I am still learning to do that.
The Raw Twinkie
The Raw Twinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 21st January 2011, 8:42 pm

The Raw Twinkie wrote:@CurlsofGlory, That is awesome! I didnt know your BC date was that close. WOW!! You should have some nice growth before you cut by keeping your hair braided. I am still learning to do that.

It is getting close. I wanted to wait until the challenge was over. So far it looks like my growth is good so I'm pretty excited. I actually think that it will grow even better once I get rid of the relaxed ends. I don't even feel connected to them anymore ( I'm sure that sounds wierd, but I really don't). I planned on transitioning for 1 year, but I'm sick of the two textures and the hubby always wanted to see me with short hair so I figure I'll give it a go Very Happy
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd January 2011, 8:25 am

I hear ya cg. Whenever u cut we'll b here for you.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 22nd January 2011, 9:27 am

Thanks naturllychelsea!
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 22nd January 2011, 1:43 pm

I must say that I am losing my mind. I am getting tired of doing protective styles especially the same ones I've been doing. I am itching to blow my hair out just cause I don't want to deal with styling and restyling every week. This week at work I looked like "who did it and ran" lol . I didnt have the patience to twist or braid it up. And it doesnt help that I have a sprain wrist. Sorry to vent but I need too.

Hope I can make it the remaining month of this challenge
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 22nd January 2011, 2:56 pm

HappigocurliJenn wrote:What do you mean by 'hiding' our hair? like with hats and stuff or by just pinning up our braids and twists? I want to do a wig but I'm so self conscious about it?

wigs aren't a bad idea, if you choose the right one. if you dont want to look super "wiggy" try a short curly one that looks well on you! dont be afraid to try them on before you buy them if youre getting it from a BSW. I wear lacefronts, they are natural looking, take little time and last. i have 4 so i don't use the same one all the time. then at night you can take it off, tend to your natural hair
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 24th January 2011, 6:47 am

Beautifulyfe wrote:I must say that I am losing my mind. I am getting tired of doing protective styles especially the same ones I've been doing. I am itching to blow my hair out just cause I don't want to deal with styling and restyling every week. This week at work I looked like "who did it and ran" lol . I didnt have the patience to twist or braid it up. And it doesnt help that I have a sprain wrist. Sorry to vent but I need too.

Hope I can make it the remaining month of this challenge

I feel you beautifulyfe...If I didn't put these braids in I know I would BC...dealing with the two textures plus trying protective styles that usually last about a week maybe two if your lucky(that doesn't include braids of wigs of course)! It's a good thing i figured out how to braid my own hair because I would be broke and frustrated!
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th January 2011, 10:54 pm

hey, curlies!!! i have finally put my hair back in twists! finished them last night. i am pleased to say that my hair has definitely grown since my last set of twists that i put in October 25 and left them in till the beginning of December. i plan to keep them in for at least a month. i do plan on cleansing, dc-ing with ayurvedic herbs (i am partaking in moptop haven's hair challenge and have done two dc's of the like thus far), untwist, de-shed and retwist.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 3rd February 2011, 9:03 pm

Wow I can't even believe it! I just BC'd today...I kinda lost my mind and just let the hubby do it. He cut way more then he was supposed to, but hey what can ya do. It's definetly not like I thought it would be, but hey it is what it is.
I'm suprised that I don't not like it(if that makes any sense), but it's not bad... it is going to take some getting used to. The hubby loves it though. Maybe tomorrow I love it once I've dolled myself up afro
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 8th February 2011, 5:41 pm

Congrats on your BC
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 8th February 2011, 11:45 pm

Congrats!! Your avatar pic looks cute Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 9th February 2011, 7:00 pm

Congrats on your BC Curlsofglory! You look fab in your avi!

Just to update I'm not sure the exact date the challenge is over but I took out my last sew in and put in another one on Monday...and I def see the growth! I loved my natural hair and I kind of didn't want to get another sew in and just rock my curls, but I know that the cold will dry them out too much! So once the spring comes no more weaves for me! And as of February 2, 2011 I'm 9 months natural! Very Happy so happy and proud of myself for sticking it out and now I love my curls!!! Here's a picture of my hair after my sew in before I got another one put back in...I'll probably leave this sew in in my hair until March or April.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also I did the bentonite clay treatment on my hair in this pic and it really made my curls pop and they retained moisture much better! I'm gonna do those more often! woot!
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 9th February 2011, 9:03 pm

Thanks everyone! I really do love it, but I have been having a hard time with protective styles. It's getting warmer here though. So I've just been wearing a lot of beanies to keep the hair coverd...oh and I put in finger coils every 3 days. I love saying that I'm all natural Very Happy
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 10th February 2011, 4:47 am

CurlsofGlory congrats congrats congrats!!! Wow i know it must be super exciting to be fully natural now! I understand what you mean about not feeling connected to your relaxed ends anymore. Everyday I look at mine with disgust lol. If it weren't for my phobia of short short hair, I'd just be thru w/ the whole transition and do my BC. But...im in it for the long haul!

As for my update i got a little bored with the buns so i've been doing variations of braid out updos. Idk but twist outs just WILL NOT work on my hair! I also have noticed that my ends are starting to look very very thin in comparison to the roots and length of my hair. I think this is why my styles aren't lookin their best...

Overall im just a bit frustrated with my hair and product let downs, so i decided to get individual braids in a few days just so my hair can rest but still be protected. I am gonna trim off about 1/2 - 1 inch and do a series of DC treatments as well as one protein before i get braided up.

Sorry for the long A rant...

*exhales*
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 12th February 2011, 6:48 pm

@Naturelle, I am with you on the thin relaxed ends, they are absolutely my enemy. I am getting tired of my buns too, but I think I hate seeing the relaxed ends more, and I LOVE my natural hair.

Twist outs also don't look right on me (of course my natural hair holds the curl pattern very nicely, but my relaxed ends ruin everything Mad) The fact that they are so long is making it even worse, but I don't know how much cutting I am prepared to do.

I feel sort of stuck right now.
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next