CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

+38
misskris
Ambitious_Tiff
Butterfly126
FloridaSunshiny
SummerSkye
FalconTress
blkbeauty2010
The Raw Twinkie
abradley002
Lovely_Curls
aduke1989
natalie24
rvalent2
naturallynola
Dannibeau24
BriaBeauty
Sebastain13
jazzwife
belleaenca
vonnluv
CurlsofGlory
curl_Gurl
Ebbz
eastsidegirl
Beautifulyfe
simplysloan
nbella
tiashaunteƩ
Karameldiva1978
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
Afronique
DerbyDiva
dajewel
Treece
naturalblkbeauty10
luvluvmynaturalhair
HappigocurliJenn
naturallychelsea
42 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by naturallychelsea 31st October 2010, 8:46 pm

Love the hat ideas naturalblkbeauty10 and will add you.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter 4M Challenge/ Hiding your hair- UPDATE END OF CHALLENGE

Post by Treece 1st November 2010, 12:15 am

I just took my twists out today, may put them back in after a DC this week. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 1st November 2010, 12:51 am

Yay time to start the challenge! Ok so here's my plan:

Shampoo- Shea Moisture
DC- ORS Replenishing or ORS Hair Mayo, and oil
Leave-in- Kimmaytube
Moisture- Spray mix (water/jojoba/olive oil/KCKT) or Shea Moisture Hair Milk
Seal- Olive/Castor/Coconut or jojoba oil
Hot Oil Treatment- One or a mix of some of the above oils
Protein Treatment- egg/mayo/Tresseme naturals condish/olive oil/honey

Regimen:
Shampoo once a week
DC once a week with heat (wash day)
Apply leave in and seal
Moisturize & seal twice daily (morning and before bed)
Sleep in a bonnet
Castor oil scalp massage 2-3X/week

Hot oil treatment once a month
One protein treatment (Dec.)

Protective styling:
Wigs
Head Wraps
Hats
Bantu knots
Cornrows

I'll post some pics of my starting length tomorrow. Oh yea, and does anyone know if wig caps are damaging? Should I wear one underneath?

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st November 2010, 11:04 am

my regi: look in my signature
my hairstyles that i plan to wear: two strand twists. i may experiment with three strand twists if am not lazy. i plan on doing lots of styles with my twists.

starting length of hair in two strand twists:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

starting length of hair 'stretched':

how i have been wearing my twists this past week:

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 1st November 2010, 12:29 pm

great plan ladies and love the twists dajewel

My starting lengths:

Nearly 11 months into my transition
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by eastsidegirl 1st November 2010, 2:44 pm

So glad I found these forums! I used to follow CurlyNikki on the CurlTalk boards. I'm considering this 4 month challenge as I was thinking about wearing wigs for awhile to kick the thought out of my head of going back to a relaxer. Plus, I think a protective style in the winter is a great idea. I wore a wig years ago after my hair was damaged by a relaxer and actually loved it. But, my hair is much longer now which brings me to my question.

My hair is a little longer than should length if straightened and thick. Is there any way to wear my hair under the wig that does not involve cornrows? Thanks!

eastsidegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 1st November 2010, 3:31 pm

Well I have never worn a wig before and by no means am I an expert but you could try twisting or boxbraiding and pining them up. But you could also try flat twisting the hair instead of cornrows for a nice twist out when you want to take a break from the wig. HTH

What do you think ladies? Quite a few of you mentioned you would wear wigs for this challenge? So is it possible for eastsidegirl to not cornrow her hair underneath?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st November 2010, 4:34 pm

I am in! I don't know if I will last until the end of Feb. but I will go until I can't take it anymore! I bc'd in July and I would really like to see some growth in my TWA so that it will be easier to wear twists and do twistouts/braidouts.

I just installed yarn braids so this will be my first style. I may do kinky twists next. Other styles I plan to do include:

twists
hats/beanies
half wigs

I am researching washing and taking care of yarn braids so I will come back and post my wash regimen for them once I figure that out. I plan to keep them in until the end of November. Right now I am moisturizing them using a mix of water, condish, and oils.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 1st November 2010, 7:05 pm

Regimen & Hairstyles:
Right now I shampoo and condition and DC once a week. And co-wash throughout.
My hairstyles will be 2 or 3 strand twists, and twist outs, updos, and head wraps.

Here's a picture of a twistout: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current Length:

Last edited by Treece on 2nd November 2010, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st November 2010, 7:37 pm

@naturallychelsea thank u
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 2nd November 2010, 12:42 am

Hey forum wish I was starting with the rest of you guys but I have protective styling since the summer and I needed a break. Below I will show my progress since April. Although I cut it in June an inch. You can see how healthy my ends are!!! I am super psyched and looking forward to the end of this challenge to see my growth.

Oct 2010
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

April 2010

Will repost in 2 weeks
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd November 2010, 11:48 am

Starting length

Today's Style

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 2nd November 2010, 5:34 pm

Hey ladies I originally posted this thread in the transitioners thread before I realised that there was a thread dedicated to hair challenges Embarassed. So after receiving awesome feedback from you ladies I have decided to simply use this thread.

Sorry for the confusion.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 2nd November 2010, 5:44 pm

Okay, I got wet and wavy medium micros about 2 weeks ago for my first protective style for this challenge.

Hair Regimen:
Moisturize my scalp about 2-3 days a week w/Devacurl Mositure lock
Wash every 2 weeks w/Aussie Shampoo for dry locks but I dilute w/water
Oiled my scalp with tea tree oil right after shampooing to relieve itching/flaking
Use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing daily on braids
Sprayed my scalp a few times with tea tree oil spray

Some before hair length pics

Relaxer Days

Transitioning Days (My Hair is really shrunken in these pics b/c at that point I hadn't blow-dried or flat ironed my hair in about 3-4 months)

Protective Style 1

Hello fellow curlies, good luck to everyone with their hair growth!

Last edited by curl_Gurl on 4th January 2011, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deletions)
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 2nd November 2010, 5:47 pm

@CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) love your curls
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd November 2010, 7:37 pm

@curl_Gurl thanx, ur hair looks great too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afronique 3rd November 2010, 8:46 am

Hey everybody.....just did a two strand twist on my hair after co washing,moisturizing and sealing with oil (coconut)..... Plan to use hats for the next few days Laughing

Afronique

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 3rd November 2010, 2:20 pm

Ok so I'm back and here is my regimen...I think (LOL)
I've had my hair in this twist/cornrow hairstyle for a few days now, but I plan on putting my braids in sometime this week..Hopefully before friday.
-I wash my hair with herbal essence hydralicious reconditioning shampoo once a week (my hair loves this stuff it is the best shampoo I have ever used it really mositurizes you hair).
-I co-wash/condition hair with aussie 3mm
every 3-4 days
-I apply optimum oil therapy every day( it has coconut, olive, avocado and jojoba oil in it) my hair likes it
That's about it! I have limited resources and my hair basicly likes simplicity. I wash it alot because my hair loves water Very Happy
Here are some pics of my recent hair style.

I wore this style for church on sunday (took the picture later that day)

I'm so excited to go through this challenge with you ladies Very Happy
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 3rd November 2010, 6:50 pm

CurlsofGlory I love your hair, I wish I could do that with mines!

So I wash and DC'd last night and I put on a silk scarf When I woke up my hair was flattened so I put on a headwrap to go to class in and now I have on a... beanie I guess you could call it...CurlsofGlory is wearing one I think lol. The one I have I think i s too small but I can never find these!
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 3rd November 2010, 7:30 pm

im in for the challenge. im already rocking flat twists and two stranded twists on top! Feb 2011 baby!
vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by vonnluv 3rd November 2010, 7:39 pm

vonnluv
vonnluv

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 3rd November 2010, 9:13 pm

Welcome vonnluv
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifulyfe 3rd November 2010, 11:29 pm

Wish I could rock a head wrap like you @CravingCurlz but my forehead is too big. Or maybe its the combo of forehead and a peanut head the wraps wont stay on lol
Beautifulyfe
Beautifulyfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 3rd November 2010, 11:46 pm

@ beautifulyfe- lol girl i bet it would look just fine on you! An lets not even tlk about big heads cuz that's not even a real head wrap on my head...its an old maternity shirt that i made into a wrap! Now THATS a big head lol

Back to top Go down

Post by DerbyDiva 4th November 2010, 3:27 am

ok, so i took my sew in out. long story, lets just say me and weave have never been friends Rolling Eyes. anywho, i dont want this hair to go to waste so i washed it &have it hanging on so hangers (dont judge me) & im gonna glue it on to some stocking caps (doubled up) to make a nice wig out of it. underneath i plan on keeping my hair in coils &braids or twists if sheeba (my hair) will let me. my hair is really short so braids have not been staying in my hair too well (the reason the weave came down). however, we will try whatever works because i cannot have my hair out especially since this cold front came through!! currently my hair is out to give it a rest from the sew ins pulling on my hair. i pre-pooed, shampooed with a neutralizing shampoo, then DC'ed, and sprayed with homemade rosemary leave-in. i am goin to *try* to put my hair up in a protective style tomorrow until i find the strength Razz to get this wig together!

happy hiding ladies!!
DerbyDiva
DerbyDiva

http://www.twitter.com/Venus_Arising

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next