CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

+36
jlowman1
LaToya28
misskris
CurlyChefRobin
cutephantasm
neethair
TerraD
MahoganyCurls
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
d.denise
Freestyles
adiaha
BindyMac08
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
CocaColaCutie
Erica5417
CurlySpeechTherapist
jamaicacurl
A85
rebelrocks
Free2009
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
Maria Antoinette
Blackbeauty
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
nmoultry
dajewel
40 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Empty Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 12:13 am

hey, guys!!!

i was lazy and i wanted to keep my hair in a protective style. so, i wore bantu knots today: 3 on the left, 3 on the right. i didn't moisturize until after work. i undid the knots, moisturized with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter to moisturize, and redid the knots. i usually try use the butter when my hair is in a fro. the more i use it, the more i realize i don't like the smell. i like that there are patchouli , ylang ylang and cedarwood in the product, but the smell reminds me of medicine. also, i don't like there is a beeswax in the product. its mostly because of the beeswax that i only use this once every other month or so. i want to find a better butter (i.e. more moisturizing, better smell, a little thicker, no beeswax), and i am looking to try one from KBB.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Empty Re: Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 5:20 pm

hey, guys! am just wearing my hair in bantu knots again today. am supposed to go to happy hour tonight, and so, i dunno how am going to do my hair. we shall see...
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 5:23 pm

Can't wait to see results, be sure to post pics

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th November 2009, 7:02 pm

Hey dajewel i see you up and running....lol. (after the old folder went bye bye) I have to go through and check on all my peeps. I'm Henna'ing the weekend. I'm sooooo stoked. Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ 678474
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 9:02 pm

mmoultry, i decided to stay home and study. i have a biochem exam tom(yup, on Saturday), and i want to make sure i know this stuff! drinks and hanging with the girls can wait another day.

sheetacular!! thank you for checking up!!! i will FINALLY shampoo and DT with the AOHR this weekend, and put in my two strand twists. i am excited to try the AOHR as a DT, as i haven't do so yet. i will post my results here and in the corresponding products thread.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 9:25 pm

Great idea!!! I finished grad school a year ago and I said I'd never go back but I kinda miss school. I had better time management skills then. Good Luck on your test

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 9:49 pm

thanks!!! at this point, am studying/reviewing, and am feeling more and more confident with the material i hope to go to bed at a good hour tonight (and that should be before midnight, i hope). am looking to pursue another degree after this, and that will be my LAST degree.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th November 2009, 5:31 pm

hey, guys!!!!

so, i haven't shampooed my hair since October 8th. i usually shampoo about once or twice a month. The reason why I am emphasizing that i haven't shampooed for a while because this past month was the first time that I have ever co-washed. Although my scalp is telling me is shampoo time, my hair still feels and looks (IMO) great!!

i took out my two strand twists earlier in the week, and i pretty wore this style for the first two days of the week:

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Img00213

this is how my twist out looked when i took out the twists:

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Img00114

i then wore my hear in bantu twists for the rest of the week. i used bantu twists primarily to protect the ends. also, i was too lazy to shampoo and DT. oh, and i found that doing bantu twists on twist out hair DEF helps preserve the twist out style!!!

remember when i said i had issues with CArol's DAugther Hair Milk? Well, not so much anymore. I find that if i moisturize my hair with the Carol's Daughter Hair Butter first and then follow-up with the Hair Milk, that my hair did indeed seem softer, shinier, etc. actually, the results are very similar to the Pink Lotion, but without all those chemicals in the Pink Lotion. Regardless, am putting an order for the KBB butter and hair milk tonight, and will do a comparison.

I do have to say that I am very iffy on some of the ingredients used in CD Hair butter and milk, especially the soybean oil, glycine and beeswax. I will get back to you on my findings shortly.

So, i went out last night, and I loved my hair do!! the hairstyle wasn't anything new, but i am super thrilled with how i was able to achieve it, despite 1) being lazy to wash my hair during the week and 2) i had a crazy work, studying and activities schedule for the week. the style is the same in my present avator. the differences are that i was able to achieve the look without having to shampoo or co-wash and i only did 6-8 twists on each side to achieve the look. i used the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk to help twist, but the hold was non-existent (but i was fine with it not having much hold). maybe this doesn't seem a big deal to you, but i thought it was huge because i thought i had to always cleanse my hair before i do my twists and i couldn't work a hairstyle with few twists. here is a pic:
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ 15834_10

also, i would like to add an observation: i noticed that my hair is getting longer in a short amount of time!! i don't remember my hair being this length a month or two ago. i want to say co-wash made a world of a difference!! its not only the moisture benefits from the co-washing, but i want to say its also the vigorous rubbing/massaging of the scalp while co-washing that made a difference. anybody noticed this with their hair??

Last edited by dajewel on 18th November 2009, 1:33 am; edited 3 times in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 15th November 2009, 5:42 pm

I heart your hair!!!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th November 2009, 5:45 pm

thank you, mmoultry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2009, 6:27 pm

OMG! I am not sure how I missed this thread but your hair!! Lawd have mercy is beautiful!!! The versatiltiy on this forum is amazing!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th November 2009, 7:46 pm

thank you for the compliment, sweetdrk1!!!!!! where is your thread???? naturals are so fierce!! damn!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2009, 8:38 pm

dajewel wrote:thank you for the compliment, sweetdrk1!!!!!! where is your thread???? naturals are so fierce!! damn!!!!

I am too new to have a thread! I am soaking up the information from you all!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 17th November 2009, 12:17 am

hey, guys!! hope all is well!

first and foremost: am super duper psyhed that i won the EO shampoo!!!!!! thanks curlynikki!!!!

i will try to make this quick, as i am soooo exhausted (suffered from insomnia last night) and i finally shampoo-ed and DC my hair tonight...well, i will edit this post about my thoughts about my shampoo and DC later. i can say that right now am pretty frustrated because my hair tangled!!!!! yikes!! i am in the middle of finishing my two strand twists. i believe i am more than 1/2 way done. i mostly shampoo, DT, co-wash my hair in 6 sections, and the tangles weren't ever this bad. i always detangle before i wash. actually, i didn't have any problems detangling my hair before i shampoo-ed. i don't know what it is: maybe my hair is getting thick, my method of shampoo (i try to be very gentle in cleansing the hair strands in each section), maybe i just need to wash my hair in twists for now on, or maybe its not as bad as it sounds (because i am really tired). actually, am really thinking about putting my hair in twists before i shampoo because i don't have problems when i co-wash my hair in twists ( i know, i am kinda slow to come up with this revelation).

more than 1/2 way done with the twist. notice my face...i really want to be done so i can go to sleep. patience is a virtue:

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Img00214
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 17th November 2009, 2:11 am

Love your hair!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antoinette 17th November 2009, 2:38 am

Congrats on the WIN!!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Now fro the tangles..try Pravana Intensive Hydration leave in conditioner...It is the truth!!!!

-Hope that helps you can find it on line or if you have a friend with a cosm license they can get it for you!!!
Maria Antoinette
Maria Antoinette

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 17th November 2009, 2:49 am

congrats on winning! love ur hair and the faces! Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Icon_biggrin And i also noticed a diff when i started co washing...im 1month and 17 days post bc and my hair (imo) is growing quickly....

anywho..sweetdrk1 u need a thread!

@ maria antoinette wowza ur fierce!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 17th November 2009, 10:58 am

Congrats on the win Chica!!!! You will have to use and post before and after results. LOL, I know I request a lot huh

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 17th November 2009, 1:13 pm

thanks, guys!!!

maria antoninette: thank you for the product suggestion. i am doing my research on the product. i would like to use it on my next shampoo which would be a month or so from now.

mmoultry: i am very intrigued about trying it, as i have the EO conditioner, as well. However, based on last night, I think am kinda scared of shampoos:

So, after finishing last night's temper tantrum, I had to soldier up and get down with the get down. i re-assessed the situation with a clear mind, and realized that the tangles are not all over my head (THANK GOD). there wasn't much tangles (none if any) in the front or back. it seemed that the tangles were in the left and right center of my head. funny how the same tangles occurred in the same place on both sides.

I have always been patient with my crown of glory, and i wasn't going to let this break me. So, I constantly worked on untangling the left and right center. I just took my time to pull as much hair from the knot as much as possible. So, that meant separating one hair at a time. When I felt frustration ready to set in, I would go to other parts of my head to twist my hair. This gave me perspective that not all my hair is tangled, and boosted my ego. Finally, most of the hairs were free, but i still had a small-medium prominent knot on each side. I guess most would take the scissors, but i refused to do so. my work is not done in vain!!

So, I was getting really really sleep, and the knots still didn't untangle. What did I do? Because I have faith that I can get these knots out, I twisted all my hair except the hairs with the knots. YUP!!! YUP!!! I sure did!!! i have two long pieces of hairs with a knot in their strands chillin' while all the hairs are resting in the twists. I have them pinned in such a way that no one is the wiser. I am going to get the knots out!!

so, what caused these knots??? Good question!!! I shampoo-ed with CD Tui Herbal Shampoo and DT with AOHR. I haven't had a problem with AOHR before, as I have used it as a co-wash while washing my hair in sections. I noticed i was able to twist my hair in record time! I did notice that the CD shampoo left that "too clean that its on the verge of squeaky clean" feeling, and I have had similar experiences in the past that my hair being more prone to tangle with shampoos that do this. AOHR didn't leave a squeaky feeling; it just left my hair feeling nice, soft and clean So, I do believe using CD Tui herbal Shampoo when my hair is not in twists is the culprit. This is very interesting, as I have always shampoo-ed with CD, and haven't experienced this. Maybe my hair was really getting used to doing the co-wash. So, I guess unless i wear my hair in twists when i shampoo with CD, I need to find a moisturizing clarifying shampoo when i need to shampoo. Or maybe I can put baking soda in AOHR to use as a shampoo? I have to think about it...i have time because I don't plan on shampooing for at least another month.

oh, i also decided to try out the aloe gel from Jason Cosmetics in my shea, EVCO, castor oil mix...I purchased it because i was curious and also i do need aloe gel when i travel. i twisted half of the hair with aloe gel from the plant and the other half from Jason Cosmetics. So far, the twists look good, but the feel is slightly different. the gel from the plant makes my twist feel softer than the gel from Jason Cosmetics. We shall see about the twist out; i won't be wearing the fro out until another month from now, though.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 18th November 2009, 1:59 pm

i would like to draw attention to my added pic of me out with the girls this past Saturday. this pic, IMO, speaks plenty, in that this is proof that men, albeit he a white South American, do find naturals attractive!!! he and i danced alot together that night.

nothing really new to report today. my twists are looking ok. i moisturized with my water/condish mix and sealed with shea butter. i believe i will have to redo the twists tomorrow. in the meantime, i was able to salvage them. i will post a pic later tonight.

ttyl
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 18th November 2009, 10:20 pm

just wanted to let all know that i have severe HIR tonight!! loves it!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 10:41 pm

Congrats on winning the EO!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:08 pm

I want to say Happy Garifuna Settlement Day!!

thanks, chrslvsbks!!!

not much to share today. hair still feels moisturized from moisturizing and sealing yesterday. i have serious HIR today!

i haven't tried VO5, HH, LTR, but I really really getting curious...especially when i pass them all the time in the stores and they are super duper cheap!! i don't like a lot of the chemicals in the products, though. maybe i should pick one up, and keep it for emergencies (ie i ran out of condish and need something asap for co-wash). dunno

Last edited by dajewel on 19th November 2009, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : big up Garinagu massive!!)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th November 2009, 12:13 pm

dajewel wrote:hey, guys!!!!

so, i haven't shampooed my hair since October 8th. i usually shampoo about once or twice a month. The reason why I am emphasizing that i haven't shampooed for a while because this past month was the first time that I have ever co-washed. Although my scalp is telling me is shampoo time, my hair still feels and looks (IMO) great!!

i took out my two strand twists earlier in the week, and i pretty wore this style for the first two days of the week:

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Img00213

this is how my twist out looked when i took out the twists:

Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ Img00114

i then wore my hear in bantu twists for the rest of the week. i used bantu twists primarily to protect the ends. also, i was too lazy to shampoo and DT. oh, and i found that doing bantu twists on twist out hair DEF helps preserve the twist out style!!!

remember when i said i had issues with CArol's DAugther Hair Milk? Well, not so much anymore. I find that if i moisturize my hair with the Carol's Daughter Hair Butter first and then follow-up with the Hair Milk, that my hair did indeed seem softer, shinier, etc. actually, the results are very similar to the Pink Lotion, but without all those chemicals in the Pink Lotion. Regardless, am putting an order for the KBB butter and hair milk tonight, and will do a comparison.

I do have to say that I am very iffy on some of the ingredients used in CD Hair butter and milk, especially the soybean oil, glycine and beeswax. I will get back to you on my findings shortly.

So, i went out last night, and I loved my hair do!! the hairstyle wasn't anything new, but i am super thrilled with how i was able to achieve it, despite 1) being lazy to wash my hair during the week and 2) i had a crazy work, studying and activities schedule for the week. the style is the same in my present avator. the differences are that i was able to achieve the look without having to shampoo or co-wash and i only did 6-8 twists on each side to achieve the look. i used the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk to help twist, but the hold was non-existent (but i was fine with it not having much hold). maybe this doesn't seem a big deal to you, but i thought it was huge because i thought i had to always cleanse my hair before i do my twists and i couldn't work a hairstyle with few twists. here is a pic:
Dajewel's Hair Challenge^_^ 15834_10

also, i would like to add an observation: i noticed that my hair is getting longer in a short amount of time!! i don't remember my hair being this length a month or two ago. i want to say co-wash made a world of a difference!! its not only the moisture benefits from the co-washing, but i want to say its also the vigorous rubbing/massaging of the scalp while co-washing that made a difference. anybody noticed this with their hair??

I thought it was my imagination, I can see a difference with my length in two to four weeks
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2009 19th November 2009, 12:17 pm

dajewel wrote:thanks, chrslvsbks!!!

not much to share today. hair still feels moisturized from moisturizing and sealing yesterday. i have serious HIR today!

i haven't tried VO5, HH, LTR, but I really really getting curious...especially when i pass them all the time in the stores and they are super duper cheap!! i don't like a lot of the chemicals in the products, though. maybe i should pick one up, and keep it for emergencies (ie i ran out of condish and need something asap for co-wash). dunno

i dont remember who suggested it, but this website, www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, tells u exactly how harmful certain ingredients are in a particular product.... for example, HE Totally Twisted Condish is a 5, i think (on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the most harmful).... but my hair LOVES that stuff!
Free2009
Free2009

http://www.mathhtutoring.com, www.fotki.com/Free2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next