CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly CoCo- and the journey begins

5 posters

Go down

Curly CoCo- and the journey begins Empty Curly CoCo- and the journey begins

Post by CurlyCoCo 28th April 2010, 3:39 am

I love this site and this forum! I have worn my hair in its natural state for three weeks now and it is all because of this site. I haven't worn my hair curly like this in 11 years. A flat iron was like air-- a necessity. I decided to go natural because in the past 11 years I have never been able to grow my hair past my shoulders. As I get older I see the damage that the constant heat has done to my hair and I realize what further damage will be done if I continue flat ironing daily.

Where I grew up, a biracial girl in the 90's was not seen often. I got made fun of constantly, so I learned to flat iron my hair to conform to societies standards. I thought I should be ashamed of this hair that god gave me. NO MORE!! I am going to embrace myself and this hair!

I have been tempted to grab the flat iron recently. After experimenting with KCCC and shrinkage i got discouraged. But when I get discouraged I come on this site and see all of these beautiful naturals I find it easier to keep my eye on the prize--beautiful hair.

Last edited by CurlyCoCo on 28th April 2010, 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There were typos and info I left out. It is late and I am half asleep :P)
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Curly CoCo- and the journey begins Empty Re: Curly CoCo- and the journey begins

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 7:24 am

WELCOME CURLY!!!

There is definitely alot of motivation and determination all up on this forum. were such sisters!! dont get discouraged cuz i feel ur pain. i've been natural 7 months and not one time have i thought of grabbin a perm, these ladies keep me goin strong. good luck on your journey and take advantage of these veterans around here becuz they carry a plethora of knowledge. you'll get it right, its all on trial n error!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 28th April 2010, 3:27 pm

Thank you so much. You are so pretty. Amazing skin and hair.
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 28th April 2010, 3:32 pm

I am computer illiterate and I do not know how I am supposed to post pictures on here. Can somebody help? Thanks Smile
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Curly CoCo- and the journey begins Empty Oh the natural hair--what a challenge!

Post by CurlyCoCo 30th April 2010, 2:03 am

I am taking in soo much information. I have tons of new products that I will try in time. I keep reading Nikki's interviews and I always hear the people say that it is best to "keep it simple". So, that is what I decided to do, "keep it simple". HA! That isn't really working out so well. It sounds simple to find a product with no silicone, but it simply isn't. I was interested in Cantu pomade, but I hear that has cones. I tried KCCC and as I stated earlier that was a nightmare. I liked the KC Spiral Spritz, but I went through so much of it so fast. I am all over the place. I ordered some KBB, but I hear it won't come for ages. I think I may just stick to my cones until the product arrives.

On the super plus side of my natural journey the edges of my hairline are growing back! They haven't been this long since I was 21! Also, I have been moisturizing often and I must say my hair has never felt this soft and supple. So, despite my confusion and my natural hair culture shock I am ecstatic that my hair is happy. I think I may even get these curls BSL (my ultimate desired length)!
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 30th April 2010, 3:09 am

Welcome to the BNB side!!! The ladies and motivation and advice they provide are AMAZING!!! lol

What are you using to moisturize right now? I'm need of something to keep my hair soft for more than a few hours.

As for the picture thing here's a link:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/how-to-post-a-picture-t310.htm

HTH
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 30th April 2010, 3:32 am

Thanks so much! lets see if this is gonna work. Here is my hair after the KCCC debacle:http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?productId=prod2120041&categoryId=cat2190002
It shrunk soooo much and it was crispy. I couldn't stretch it for the life of me.
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 30th April 2010, 3:33 am

picture didnt work. hmmm what did I do wrong?
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 8:45 am

Hi Curly

Just wanted to say welcome. When posting a picture click the icon that looks like a picture with a small disc on top of it!! Then you click upload your image, then click host. Then copy the second link and paste to your thread. This should work. It takes practice so don't get discouraged!!

Also, you will probable go through a lot of products unless you luck up and find something that works. I suggest that if you see someone on the forum that you think has similar curls and texture to yours...look and what they are using.

Ask questions of any of the ladies on this site, and they will be glad to provided you with any help or advice you might need.

Good luck and happy curls!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th April 2010, 9:54 am

**waving**

Hey Curly Coco!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyCoCo 30th April 2010, 12:16 pm

HI! Thanks for the advice girls! Have an awesome weekend!
CurlyCoCo
CurlyCoCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down