CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+59
nattyblog
QuietButterfly
Serenity23
curlsunfurled
priceless
Notthecoolmom
coilykinks
swoodward
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
jamaicacurl
NylaCoils
iri9109
krazy coils
TMS
.:Eden:.
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
crvng4mr
Curly_Aquarius
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
newcurlieque
Nikcoils
missmoriah
sunbaby
AfrikanLatina
tashafawn24
tiashaunteƩ
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
DvaAuNaturel
traveljunkie08
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
Karyn
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
neethair
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
Blackbeauty
FierceNerd
NubieNatty
63 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 19 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd April 2010, 5:20 am

Yes he is! You keep going you are on the right path.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 8:17 am

Hi Nubie...

Your twists are holding up well!!! Stay focused girl your hard work will pay off in the end. Just wait you will be running past all those old men in about 6 months just wait and see!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd April 2010, 10:01 am

NubieNatty wrote:thanx guys **sniff** i really appreciate it! yall keep me motivated!! THE DEVIL IS A LIIIIIIE!! nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_evil

LOL

Anyway like everyone has said say motivated and reap the rewards. So besides the exercising I may have missed this, but have you changed your diet any? This was key for me moreso than excerising. I changed the way I ate and what I ate. It paid off big time. I lost 30lbs last year doing Weight Watchers at Work. I have maintained my lost since Sept. 09. I have to get motivated again to exercise. My husband and I have bikes and also I like to walk more than ride. Just being lazy.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd April 2010, 12:26 pm

Hey Nubie!

Keep it up!! I swear I have to start walking. When I had my doggy that was the way I got my walking in, I too am just lazy! The food is key...when I simply cut down on the amount of food AND walk..it helps.

Thank you for keeping me laughing when I want to scream. You are a blessing!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd April 2010, 12:30 pm

Hey Nubie,

Just stopping by to say hello and make sure you are on your best behavior. nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_biggrin
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 23rd April 2010, 12:36 pm

Nubie....just wanted to say don't give up!!! I'm on a weightloss journey myself and it's not alway easy. My husband is a certified personal trainer so I have complete access to so much knowledge and information but yet I still have a hard time with it. But I got sick of myself and not being able to fit into my clothes and decided to do something about it. I started on March 27th and so far I've lost 5lbs. Just remember, it mostly lies in what you eat. I have my moments like a few minutes ago when I wolfed down some caramel popcorn from Garrets lol but hey I'll work it off tomorrow! Some days I don't feel like working out but I push through and do it anyway. I can be lazy! But I just wanted to encourage you to keep at it!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd April 2010, 12:42 pm

NubieNatty wrote:whew!! ok so i just finished my WALK around the block and after this im gonna do my round 2 as a jog/run before i head off to work tonight. i really wish i could just get lipo and be done with this! nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_rolleyes

last night i retwisted some (w/pooka butter), which basically stretched em out. my twist in the front were acting ugly so i had to add some extra marguerites magic and then just pinned the front back just in case i feel like adding a headband.

nubienatty - Page 19 Todays10

for the most part my twists are holding up better than expected. probably cuz i keep it under wraps at all times! they've only itched a little, i dont know if its all in my mind cuz i been readin how everyone else has been itchin or what nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_study but i make sure i spritz enuff in the am/pm and whenever it starts itchin!

im gonna do a blowout this wknd and i have no idea of what kinda blow dryer to get nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_scratch . im so clueless cuz i havent had one since high school; the good ol gold n hot!! do they still make the ol' school bus yellow handheld ones??? please let me know!

Throwback pic of the day:

i had know idea that a month later i'd do an amber rose to start my natural journey **sniff**
nubienatty - Page 19 Lovin_10

Hey Nubie! Looking hot in the purple! (Would it be too much to do a clothing swap thread?) Stay motivated hon! I am right there with you on the weightloss journey. I'm hitting the gym everday after work with my GF and sweatin my butt off! Ok not off but higher lol nubienatty - Page 19 879602 . Keep at it and you will feel so accomplished when you're done! Next week I am eating vegan to help kick start my weight loss and naturally detox. I'll def let u know how it goes. Stay strong hun!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd April 2010, 8:27 pm

(ive been missing my updates from you guys nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_scratch ...weird??? i guess my gmail is mad cuz im always so overloaded from watching basically everything maybe they needed resting nubienatty - Page 19 Sleep )

Thanx guys! that definitely helps keep me motivated. i think i was so excited when i got off work this morning, i got a few hrs of sleep and woke up to SHOP!! eeeeeeek!!! nubienatty - Page 19 Affraid . I went to target and got me a blowdryer so i could do my blowout this weekend, now im EXTRA excited about this only becuz im really curious to confirm my twa or baa nubienatty - Page 19 Confused . At the same time this is the first time im using heat and yes i know to blow on cool but still im nervous! I did by pass the curiosity to purchase the CURLS line and it was right in my grips...i even put it in my basket but then i thought about it....I said...SELF..why are you gonna buy this when clearly your on the 30 day challenge for using products and its all mapped out basically for the next 4 months, well into the fall nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_scratch ??? That curls line aint goin NOWHERE and i can come back and get it whenever. So i listened to myself and put it back with no hesitation. **standing ovation** im learning slowly but surely to curb my PJ nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_bounce . When i think of how this 30 day product challenge is helping me, it makes it easier. im on a pursuit to finding a simple reggie and to also not jump the gun so fast to run and purchase products. My next challenge is to get rid of all these poo bottles i have and find ONE or 2 good poo's to stick to.

Since i've had my twist in all week im takin em out tonight (since im at work) and doin my twist out for my police test tomorrow! EEEEK!! then tomorrow night or sunday im gonna do my blowout. I will confess however, to snatchin up a sample size of YTCarrots condish. Im not ready to drop $8 on a bottle right now and clearly thats not goin anywhere either! The CG method isnt on my agenda right now becuz i've yet to really sit down and study the method of what to use and why; so i prefer to use the carrots...plus i LOOOOOVE their hair mask!

i'll post pics of my twist out later tonight and im gonna fluff it out w/hair milk, untwist w/tui oil on my fingertips, spritz w/water after im done and grease my scalp w/pooka butter.

**throwback pics of the day**

nubienatty - Page 19 Myside10

nubienatty - Page 19 Myman10

Have a good wknd laydeez!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 23rd April 2010, 9:22 pm

Good for you and the self control you possessed at Target!! OK now tell baby boy that I want those beautiful eyelashes of his. Why does that happen? Why do baby boys and grown men get the best eyelashes???? He's super handsome Nubie.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd April 2010, 10:12 pm

Thanx AL!! i normally have NO CONTROL at target in any section!

I thought i was the only one who noticed boys have the longest lashes! im so jelly. i gotta put like 10 coats of mascara on to see mine! I still he's switched at birth cuz i was put to sleep for my c-section and when i woke up i see this white looking baby staring at me wit big hazel eyes nubienatty - Page 19 Affraid !!! i just knew his daddy was gonna take me on maury. mind u his dad is like as dark as...kimora's husband!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 23rd April 2010, 10:51 pm

YOUR SON IS SO CUTE! Giving birth still don't seem worth it though lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd April 2010, 11:01 pm

yes karyn...u keep that in mind honey!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd April 2010, 11:57 pm

nubienatty - Page 19 Other_10

nubienatty - Page 19 Other_11
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th April 2010, 12:20 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Good for you and the self control you possessed at Target!! OK now tell baby boy that I want those beautiful eyelashes of his. Why does that happen? Why do baby boys and grown men get the best eyelashes???? He's super handsome Nubie.
I totally agree and want his lashes!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th April 2010, 12:46 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:Good for you and the self control you possessed at Target!! OK now tell baby boy that I want those beautiful eyelashes of his. Why does that happen? Why do baby boys and grown men get the best eyelashes???? He's super handsome Nubie.
I totally agree and want his lashes!!!

I agree. Both of my sons eyelashes are ridiculous. The oldest one's eyelashes hit the top of his eye brow scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th April 2010, 7:17 am

Nubie...

I like your twist out...too cute!!! I agree with the ladies....your son has eyes to die for!!! My sister-in-law has contacts that color and she looks like Michael Jackson from Thriller!!!

I asked my brother why doesn't he tell her that she looks crazy, but I guess he just wants to live in peace!!! LOL Gotta love her...she's interesting!!

Anyway....do well on your test today!! You look so innocent on the picture at the top!!! But we all know better!!! lol! (hugs))

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 24th April 2010, 10:54 am

NUBBIE!!!

Just checking on ya!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th April 2010, 2:22 pm

You and Mason look great in the throwback pictures.

ITA about sons and eyelashes. Both my sons eyelashes are super long. I cut my youngest son's because like IB's they were past his eyebrows and kept hitting his glasses when he was younger.

Yeah, I think you are past the TWA phase. Your hair looks healthy, shiny and soft. Keep treating her well and you will continue to reap the benefits.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th April 2010, 2:53 pm

KNH...omg, not mj from thriller, lmaooooooo!! im still scared of that movie!!

@sweet, girl he be using those eyes to his advantage FOR REAL!!! nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_rolleyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 25th April 2010, 3:18 pm

OMG your son is Such a beautiful boy. Those eyes are so gorgeous. Good work mommy! lol
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th April 2010, 11:58 am

happy monday! its raining on and off which puts me in lazy mode. i did NOT pass my police test nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_neutral which i was so upset cuz i didnt make it by ONE MEASLY FRIGGIN POINT!!! nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_mad i was almost mad becuz the test was like easy...but i guess not easy enuff for me to pass by an extra point nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_redface . however, i didnt get down about it becuz i just gotta take it as...its not time for me to be there right now. god is so good all the time and he has somethin better around the corner for me, i know it. so im gonna proceed to go for my security clearance and see where that leads me! i just know i NEED to be in my career by 30 so i can work on my lil madison by 31..ish!

anyhoo, so this wknd i went to target (again) and engaged in a convo by the natural hair care display (mj, curls n shea moisture) which was fun. im curious to try mj's curly pudding after hearin the one girls results but its not even close to bein on my agenda. i passed up on the curls line AGAIN...but after smellin shea moistures stuff i WILL be puttin that on my wish list. that coconut n hibiscus stuff...omg!!! BUT...my 30 day product challenge is holdin me down, so im good for now!

ok so let me stop running my mouth cuz i need to take a quick run, drizzling or not (plus i dont need to hide from the rain) and i need to get a pedicure cuz my feet or lookin like i climb mt everest wit no socks on. now i could break out my lil foot spa n do em myself but my feet are so far gone right now, they need a fresh start. i mean when u grease em down wit some shea after the shower and they STILL looking like u just came out a mike vick fight and UR dogs lost...its a problem!! sooooo i did my blow out right...EEEEK!! i was nervous!

i was thinkin of doin it the way jnb did hers but i didnt have time PLUS i spent like $20 on my blowdryer for this purpose alone. This morning i co-washed w/my sample size YTCarrots, i had no problem detangling and it was nice n soft. i cant really claim it like i want to becuz my hair was already soft from my cd (which i will resume tomorrow wit my twist challenge). so i cant really say or know if my softness is due to my ytc, but i will definitely try it on my "off" days. i left wit naked hair and was all up in my head on the way to take mason to school. i figured im gonna blow it out later so i might as well let my hands rummage throughout.

my naked hair BEFORE my blowout
nubienatty - Page 19 Fro110

(sorry i write so much nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_rolleyes ) so i get home, break out my new blowdryer (i wanted the old skool bus yellow one wit the comb, but i looked at them teeth and KNEW i would end up takin it back WITH missin teeth. im guessin they no longer come wit the wide tooth nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_scratch ), i put some IC Fantasia heat protectant stuff (pink) in 4 sections of my head, and hair butter (from subtle essence) on top and blow dried away...on cool of course. Sometimes i kept my thumb on the extra cool button (the snowflake button) for a blast of cold air. i switched the nozzle part to the diffuser to get my roots good but its so big! i'd rather just brush n dry! After it was done i put on a dollup of pooka butter on and VOILA!!!

excuse the bigness of my forehead
nubienatty - Page 19 Fro210

gettin my lionel richie on..."hellooo, is it me ur looking for"
nubienatty - Page 19 Fro310

i tried to evenly shape it as best i could nubienatty - Page 19 Suspect
nubienatty - Page 19 Fro410

So overall, i like it, at first i thought maybe i can slide and still be a twa..but uh...i dont know, im still in denial. i just cant wait til my fro is lookin like oops! the next time i do a blowout will be for fro day in july! nubienatty - Page 19 Icon_rr awwww shizzle!!! Im happy with my results and surprisingly i didnt lose as much hair as i thought i would. im thinkin cuz i detangled even after my co-wash for it to air dry a little. i used the vent brush to blow dry as well...**shrugs**

nubienatty - Page 19 Fro510

ok off for my pedi...i was thinkin of gettin a gel overlay for my nails but wonderin if it will hinder my twisting skills... nubienatty - Page 19 Confused ...sweets confirm?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 12:04 pm

LOL!!! No you were not singing Lionel Richie! nubienatty - Page 19 Lol

The nails dont hinder at all. I keep them a natural length, I don't like them really long!

Sorry about the 1point, but you said it right, it was not your time! HE is in control and always know all things unfold as they should! *smooches*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th April 2010, 12:35 pm

nubienatty - Page 19 Lol @ your whole story Nubie. I always feel like if something doesn't fall through it is just God's way of saying its not time for it yet also. With you personality I'm sure all of your cards will fall in line by 31 for ms. madison's debut. Your blow out is awesome. Your hair has grown soo much. I think you passed twa about an inch ago lol. Then again did you measure again? How many months has it been since your Amber Rose?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 26th April 2010, 12:46 pm

Nubie, sorry to hear about the police test, but as everyone has already said it'll happen when it's time. I read somewhere (maybe on here/maybe not) that rejection is God's protection. Who knows maybe if you got that extra point you would have ended up protecting and serving in SE?!?

Anyway, blowout looks good. And congratulations on your willpower. CD and pooka are doing you just fine--so don't cheat on them. LOL.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 26th April 2010, 1:06 pm

Nubie-

LMAO, you are off the hook, too funny. I know you will do well in whatever God has FOR YOU. Im hating on your hair it looks great.

CCC- Nubie patrolling the southside, I see a lot of people getting a good ole a** beating. She is too fab to be in jail for police brutality.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum