CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+59
nattyblog
QuietButterfly
Serenity23
curlsunfurled
priceless
Notthecoolmom
coilykinks
swoodward
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
jamaicacurl
NylaCoils
iri9109
krazy coils
TMS
.:Eden:.
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
crvng4mr
Curly_Aquarius
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
newcurlieque
Nikcoils
missmoriah
sunbaby
AfrikanLatina
tashafawn24
tiashaunteƩ
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
DvaAuNaturel
traveljunkie08
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
Karyn
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
neethair
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
Blackbeauty
FierceNerd
NubieNatty
63 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

nubienatty - Page 40 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by ktoliver5303 10th June 2010, 6:18 am

what no no no!! It is not international I am on a US military base so it is US shipping and sometimes free. I have an APO address so the rates are lower. There is a flat rate box for like three buck! WHERE IS THE LUV NUBBIE nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_sad !! Since I was tooo late, where can I get the Qhemet products from?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th June 2010, 6:21 am

i guess their still out of stock cuz they still shippin out from the last sale in May nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_scratch but i JUST looked at the website and everything is back in stock now!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th June 2010, 7:02 am

awwwww Nubie Sad I really don't have that much stuff!! Well... I think its kinda cool what you are doing. I have so much going on right now, but when I get back from this trip I'm going to do the same thing. I really don't have a lot to get rid of, because I really like what I'm using right now!!

Yesssssssssssss......I like all of it!! lol!

Anywho...I'm not buying another thing until I can save the amount I've purchased in products since my big chop!! So I will make my final purchases when I get back from my trip next week, then it's no more new products for me. I will only replace what I need..conditioner, shampoo and oils!!

Care to join me!!! LOL

I thought I was the only one up posted at 4:30am...what are you and LaToya doing up this early!!!

I love Cooley High..LOL

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 10th June 2010, 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th June 2010, 7:44 am

Ok I am on it now. What is good to use that you loved that made your hair feel super lov-e-ly?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th June 2010, 7:47 am

***shame***

Ok I will only purchase what I need and that has already been done.. KNH opened my eyes I am done..
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th June 2010, 8:33 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:***shame***

Ok I will only purchase what I need and that has already been done.. KNH opened my eyes I am done..

No shame KT, but I have got to get a grip. If someone mentions a product...there I go to the website or store to buy. I've found what works...so why do I keep searching? I realized about 5 years ago I was an emotional shopper. I was doing good with traveljunkie's stash your cash challenge...then my nephew got killed and I'm been shopping since!! Embarassed

So...I need to reel myself in to save me from myself....LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 10th June 2010, 8:39 am

Wow I am sorry to hear about your nephew. I am doing the same thing, as soon as someone says something about a new product I am on it! I do to need to slow down since I am trying to come home for good and this money will be decreased significantly.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 10th June 2010, 8:48 am

i just saw ur waves pic...i like em...i think a scarf/tying your hair down (while its wet/moist) is the key to proper poppin waves lol idk why but it works everytime for me
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 10th June 2010, 9:03 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:***shame***

No shame KT, but I have got to get a grip. If someone mentions a product...there I go to the website or store to buy. I've found what works...so why do I keep searching? I realized about 5 years ago I was an emotional shopper. I was doing good with traveljunkie's stash your cash challenge...then my nephew got killed and I'm been shopping since!! Embarassed

So...I need to reel myself in to save me from myself....LOL

I was watching Oprah yesterday, and it was one of her debt diet shows, and the debt expert said a lot of times we just because we feel "less than" and feel that having more stuff will make us feel better, or something like that. I'm trying to think if I do that, I usually stop shopping for a particular item once I find something that works, the problem is sometimes that thing stops working and then you're shopping again (like face stuff). ~shrug~

Hi Nubie!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 10th June 2010, 12:19 pm

HEY Nubie!!! I have to catch up on you girl but just wanted to say hi first lol
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th June 2010, 4:32 pm

Hey Nubie!

If it is available i wouldn't mind that yes to cucumbers. I've always wanted to try it. I always keep coming across yes to tomatoes or carrots.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th June 2010, 11:02 pm

@kt; dont make me pick just one...i just cant BUT since u asked nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_wink in the order of what i GOTS to have: cocoa ghee, amla and then burdock...well my honey balm is a toughy cuz i could also use it by itself and it could easily be over my amla and burdock but there is NOTHING that compares to the ghee! i say try the sample sizes first then order ur faves!

@knh; i diagnosed myself with bein an emotional shopper years ago. when im mad, dealin wit a break up or just plain ol' down n depressed i shop. so i understand what u mean, i dont judge!

@iri; im tryin to get my waves like urs, lol

@muz; i seen that debt diet show on oprah too and when suze orman shows us she scares me cuz i feel like she's talkin to me. i totally can relate to what she meant cuz u see celebrities who have all the money n access to material things we dream of and still arent happy and commit suicide. its definitely somethin within ourselves we have to search for. i remember growing up and not having so i always told myself when i grow up n get money and job im gonna buy whatever i want when i want! by any means necessary i did whether it meant robbin peter to pay paul just so i'd have it.

it was these jessica simpson shoes that i've been comin across since maybe March. i seen em in black at marshall's for $40 but they didnt have my size; i seen em a few wks later in tj maxx in brown for $50 but i didnt want to drop that on it cuz i knew i'd be ordering hair stuff...well i last seen em, same color at the marshall's in va and im thinkin...fate n destiny MUST keep makin me bump into em after i keep turnin em down so i MUST get them...well i had tried em on, they felt like love and i was ready to spend my $50 on em. i sat there wit them shoes in my hands for 20 min pondering....do i REALLY need these? i wear a uniform to work 4 days, maybe 5 days out the week...i dont go out and i got a pair of JS i dropped $50 on last summer that i've YET to wear. **sigh** i have a problem!!! i got shoes i got while preggers i havent worn so i passed em up.

nubienatty - Page 40 51eDrDBzAPL._AA300_

so thanx laydeez for lettin me step outside myself to recognize my own problem, lol. i need to do it more often than not. my girl was offering me a job in her dept but i turned it down becuz 1. i HATE dc gub'ment!!! i actually left dc gub'ment to work here and they left a bad taste in my mouth. black folks always think oh if u get u a good government job, you'll make soooo much money n have stability n etc. WELL, to be honest...i have no degree and its not what u know its WHO u know. As far as the money part...please, you do ur job description and everyone elses and they'll drag u on thinkin you'll get another grade (higher salary) and u steady seein new people takin up the budget for ur "new grade" nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_rolleyes .

Then not to sound like i was better than them, but its just a certain type of ignorance i canNOT tolerate in black folks. dont come act me callin me bougie and sayin i "sound" white (which i never understood) becuz i dont walk around a professional office in flip flops n a tight tank top n jeans. i dont know where in the world folks be gettin their office dress codes from but i wasnt raised like that. there is nothing professional about wearing a low cut top to show off ur babydaddys name tatt'd on ur boobs or wearing hot pants n fishnets and expect me to conduct BUSINESS wit u...all the while ur poppin gum in my face or painting ur feet at ur desk! nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_mad

so needless to say...they left a bad taste in my mouth but it wasnt just that. the job she offered me was a grade 11 but it would clearly be a paycut for me by a good 20k. since workin here i cant really imagine goin back to a 9 to 5 job with wknds off becuz the wknds go by soooo fast. i enjoy my 4 days off and whats even better is...while everyones at work i can peacefully enjoy a quiet day of shopping or a me day without the hustle n bustle of the wknd crowds! but anyhoo, im just blessed to be able to have an option of a job cuz i know how hard it is tryin to FIND a job.

On to other news, my little sister just called to tell me she got a call from a long distance "relative" mind you i dont have a big fam on either my mom or dads side so i dont know of any other monagan's other than my dad (who married n has 2 kids). so this relative invited us to a monagan family reunion in july in alabama nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_eek

i have many places on my bucket list to visit and alabama wasnt one of em (no offense), what is in alabama? shopping? i have no clue but i will take the chance n travel there this summer. normally i wouldnt care but as i get older and have kids i'd like to know an extended family cuz i always admired my friends or people who tell stories on big families!

on to hair news...im still in a puff and hopefully tomorrow i can find time to do the works!

glad to see u mel and YES np, u can take the ytc off my hands, pm me ur info!

FYI; i did say earlier i wanted cherry n karyn to have first dibs on my list and karyn made her picks so im waiting on CHERRY!! i want to be a woman of my word so im givin her til next week to claim her prize and from there u guys can have ur picks! nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_biggrin
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 11th June 2010, 12:19 am

Good for you passing up on those JS's. They are cute but if you already have shoes in there collecting dust why add to it right? This coming from a recovering shoe addict. I can NEVER and I mean NEVER find cute shoes in my size at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc. Uggghhhh curse of having big feet(size 9) lol

You are definitely fortunate to have a job and still have options coming your way. I'm sure you'll do whats best for you and Mr. Mason. Speaking of Mason, it would definitely be nice for him to be able to meet an extended family. I love that both my hunny and I come from big families so when Taj hits that age that he wants to start "smelling himself" as my folks say we can send him to somebody for the weekend, summer, etc. lol

PS. If Cherry doesn't claim the KBB hair milk I'd love to take it off your hands. I could use it on Tajs fro as a moisturizer and detangler cause those curls and his busy bodyness(yes thats a word) give me a run for my money most days when I'm trying to detangle.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th June 2010, 1:01 am

Hey AL; yes i'll put ur name down for it...and umm size 9 is NOT big feet. i thought u were about to say like an 11 or 12 nubienatty - Page 40 Icon_eek . even i wear a 7 1/2-8 1/2 myself.

yes im mainly traveling down there FOR mason. i'd love to ship him off down south somewhere cuz i always enjoy the country myself. since we're gonna drive i want to take off 2 days (+my 4) so we can make a stop in NC and ATL before hittin up alabama!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 11th June 2010, 1:14 am

those shoes are badddddd...idk if i could've resisted lol i would have found a really good excuse somewhere as to why i need them in my life lol...and i feel u about ignorant and unprofessional ppl i cant stand them...i went job interview once and it was like a group thing & u wouldnt believe how many females showed up in jeans, sneakers or flip flops, hoodies, and one even had a scarf on her head (not a head wrap, a literal i'm-about-to-tie-my-hair-up-and-go-to-sleep scarf!)...smh...also i never been to a family reunion but i'd love to go to one...i dont forsee one in my future tho cuz i dont think nigerians have family reunions lol and my mom's side barely gets along with in the brother/sisters/neices/nephews circle &i dont think they know alot/any extended fam or how to contact them...i hope you and mason have a good time !
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th June 2010, 2:22 am

I feel you on that. We've got to stop with these stereotypes. Acting like you've got sense is not acting white! And acting ignant does not mean you're acting black. And the worst part is, it's our own people who say and think this way.

-------

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4886
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum