CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

+20
Curliana
naturally Nubian
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
PaganWifey
Nessa101
Princess
Talisa3636
TheRYL1
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
gmAKA1709
missmoriah
thetiffany
MsJay1121
cha_phylicia
jaylin20032003
natural_nance
newcurlieque
Thinice
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 5 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by Thinice 28th October 2010, 8:45 pm

One more week ladies. So far how do you think your hair did? I am glad I did the challenge. Kept my hands out of my hair and found new ways to pin it up. I am not going to do part 2, I want to try bantu knots for a month. But knowing my hair, I will likely end up twisting again.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 5 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by cha_phylicia 29th October 2010, 11:05 am

LOL once this is over... I won't know what to do with my hair!!! But like you I will probably resort to twists Razz
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 29th October 2010, 12:25 pm

i really want to try roller sets but i dont have the patience. i will probably still twist or twist n curl
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 5th November 2010, 3:24 pm

things are going quite well, im so glad i did this challenge! at first i thought 6 weeks was a long time, but it really flew by! i think my hair thrived from being twisted, washed every sunday night and retwisted...i actually just created a post on here asking for links/photos/fotki/youtube of cute twist styles. i plan on continuing to twist!!! cheers
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 5th November 2010, 3:26 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Looking good ladies! NN I love your hair! You said you had your twist done? That is my issue I can't stand doing them myself....I am currently twisted up, not sure how long they will last. I did the last challenge and need to do this one...but I am not sure. I will be back!

i loveeeeee your hair color!!!! what color is that? in my relaxed days, i had something similar, and i do miss it every now and again. i do plan on coloring again, but it'll be awhile.
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by SportySpice 8th November 2010, 5:08 pm

I have a question for the ladies who leave your twist in for a week...Are you not afraid of product build up? I think with the amount I sweat everyday combined with the everyday moisturizing and sealing that it would be too much for the scalp, right? Or, maybe thats jut me.

SportySpice

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 8th November 2010, 5:13 pm

Sportyspice, do u wash your have every couple days? I don't notice any issue with product buildup and I leave ny twist jb sometimes up two 2 weeks. Granted I don't apply as much product to maintain as I would to start a style
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by SportySpice 8th November 2010, 5:24 pm

thetiffany wrote:Sportyspice, do u wash your have every couple days? I don't notice any issue with product buildup and I leave ny twist jb sometimes up two 2 weeks. Granted I don't apply as much product to maintain as I would to start a style

Well I feel like I should since I workout for a living. Since winter is coming I co-wash on Wednesday and wash with a gentle shampoo on Sunday. How do you keep your twists moisturized and not get product build-up?

SportySpice

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 8th November 2010, 7:02 pm

O I see. I use shea butter and spritz with water/ jojoba oil and rotate each night. I dont use a lot just enough to make my hair feel mosit n soft. My hair tends to be very dry and just eats up whatever I put in it in just one day. How do you style your hair?
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by SportySpice 8th November 2010, 7:12 pm

Hmmm...maybe I am using too much product? I will have to experiment with my regiment a little. I usually were twists and pin them up in the back since my hair isnt long enough to bun yet. I feel like if I left my twists up for more than a week I would have a hot detangled mess! Do you experience increased tangles when you take them down?

SportySpice

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 9th November 2010, 11:07 am

SportySpice wrote:Hmmm...maybe I am using too much product? I will have to experiment with my regiment a little. I usually were twists and pin them up in the back since my hair isnt long enough to bun yet. I feel like if I left my twists up for more than a week I would have a hot detangled mess! Do you experience increased tangles when you take them down?

Yes! I def have a lot more to detangle the longer I leave them in. I'm so not looking forward to my next wash because my hair hasn't been detangled in about 4 weeks. Smh
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 14th November 2010, 3:13 pm

I can't believe I missed this challenge! I've been twisting my hair and wearing it under wigs for a week, then rocking a twistout on the weekend and retwisting on Sundays. I will keep my eye out to join you all for the next 6 week rotation. Right now I'm rocking cornrows up into a mohawk and all the middle hair out is in two strand twists. HHG ladies! And I'll be with you next go around.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5