CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Vent Thread!

+118
MelMelBee
Nali1987
msoverproof
Jazzmatazz
Cassiedagoddess
Cupcake415
JessiWantsCurls
Sebastain13
yacoomba
anz30
naturally.yours
MissyCee
nikmuch
Stephy0306
Emartini04
J.S.M.
vivacious00
DerbyDiva
drmsd
naturallychelsea
bludini1
Myeka33
Umph
kinksncurls
iculukin
DreamMerchant
queenshakirah
BajanPrincess82
FloridaSunshiny
Mz. CiCi
TheRYL1
gigihaitiancurly
preciouslady
CrissyQ
Napp_Napp_Cat
Ebbz
tnictay
Chef Lucy
Nikcoils
TiseeBabee
goombagirl
nikkinixnicole
Curly_Aquarius
tashafawn24
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
NylaCoils
Raytay
HisBeauty
Karyn
AdriEm
ChrsLvsBks
mverde3
PaganWifey
ElleX
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
stargazer4801
classyPINK
Cherry: extraordinary!
Vee
Heart2Worship
KeetaRay
DeNaturelle
deeply_rooted_chick
Mrsafro
HAMPTONSFNST
MaameYaa
allicat36
KinkySheaPT
jlowman1
Islander3906
new-naturalle
p_nuttie43
Moonwalker733
Neems
LadyMika
PyreFli42
CocaColaCutie
BrownSkinDiva
Mz. Thang
SheaQT
Keisha
IF IT COMES nATURAL
msjakkia
Moni
PanaR3dd
nikki0507
StacyB
quake_19
PoliBohoGlam
Notthecoolmom
PoisonIvy
TruBeautyPrsprs
curly_danni
loveself247
Lioness_Mane
hayylee
afroseoulista
Iomer
Mzbush
krenea
SheeTacular
LuvMeLuvMyFro
nmoultry
lena73
CurlySpeechTherapist
bevyboo628
*CurlyNikki*
NaturalNurse04
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
MissCurly
gammainme
sweetdrk1
dajewel
Beautifully Human
122 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

the Vent Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: the Vent Thread!

Post by dajewel 1st November 2009, 9:23 pm

i don't feel like doing any hw, but i have to....boo!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 1st November 2009, 9:35 pm

i agree, being a single parent sucks.
having ms sucks even more than that.

but i'm still the bomb..lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 1st November 2009, 10:05 pm

Lena, you are the bomb chica! Good to see you here Smile

I should be doing one of many things...but I'm not Wink I'm thinking of calling it a night...grabbing a candy bar and headed to the bed to watch an episode of Snapped.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 1st November 2009, 10:18 pm

Thanks...watching Snapped is the ultimate Vent...LOL
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 1st November 2009, 10:32 pm

haha, i was thinking the same thing. Hubby always gets worried when I watch a marathon. He's like, 'you ain't thinking about snapping on me are you?' Wink Chris Rock said if you haven't plotted your significant other's death, you're not in love...hilarious!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bevyboo628 2nd November 2009, 2:31 am

the past 2 times my older stepsis has come over she has asked my 10 year old sister when is my mom going to put a perm inher hair. WTF why does she HAVE to have a perm??? I'm trying to get my lil sis to love her natural hair now that I am learning more about maintaining it and styling it for her. Teaching my mom some tricks too which is all thanks to all you ladies and blogs like CurlyNikki.
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 2nd November 2009, 3:00 pm

Why is it win you think you've won the bidding war on Ebay some bidder comes in at the last 5 seconds and out bid you? That shouldn't even be possible!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 2nd November 2009, 3:15 pm

Why is it that people feel the need to force their ideas of happiness upon you? I understand the importance of higher education and I completed my four year degree but I have no interest in that field anymore. I am perfectly content with doing hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd November 2009, 3:25 pm

I love my mother but she really don't understand that when I'm sick I just don't want company or anyone hoovering over me......
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 2nd November 2009, 3:32 pm

People dressing up as African Americans this Halloween was out of control. A caucasian associate of mine just sent me photos of a Halloween party she attended and one of the dudes was in Black face, pretending to be RUN-DMC. I emailed her an earfull and told her how and why that's offensive. Are any of you offended by the "costumes" that are supposed to be AA's? I HATE that.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 2nd November 2009, 5:00 pm

@krenea, at the small liberal arts college I attended for undergrad (in rural Missouri), one of the White frats had an annual 'Pimps and Hoes' party. Which was literally a pass for them to dress 'Black'. The guys wore baggy pants, chains, and backward caps...used ebonics... others wore typical pimp gear. The girls wore skanky skirts, revealing tops, dooky braid wigs, and padded their butts. They used their hands to talk...like the epitome of Black stereotypes. I remember the Kappas spoke out against it...but nothing ever changed. It's probably still going on to this day.

I'm highly offended by the above, and if they were in Black face, I don't know what I'd do. Not cool.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 2nd November 2009, 5:07 pm

Why do people feel the need to ask “what do you do to your hair to make it look like that?”
I Breathe!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 2nd November 2009, 5:33 pm

@krenea & CurlyNikki--what about the French Vogue model that was featured in blackface? I try not to overreact so much but really.. There are plenty of articles discussing this but here is one.

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/10/13/french-vogue-blackface-model-lara-stone/
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd November 2009, 8:35 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:Why is it that people feel the need to force their ideas of happiness upon you? I understand the importance of higher education and I completed my four year degree but I have no interest in that field anymore. I am perfectly content with doing hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hey, neighbor!!! what part of florida are you in??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd November 2009, 8:41 pm

@krenea: i dunno if i should be offended or not....but i do have to say i saw more the usual black faces for halloween and i had to stop in my tracks...maybe they were really dressing up in character...i dunno...its something to make you think, though
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

the Vent Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Iomer 2nd November 2009, 9:50 pm

krenea wrote:People dressing up as African Americans this Halloween was out of control. A caucasian associate of mine just sent me photos of a Halloween party she attended and one of the dudes was in Black face, pretending to be RUN-DMC. I emailed her an earfull and told her how and why that's offensive. Are any of you offended by the "costumes" that are supposed to be AA's? I HATE that.

Oh my gosh yes!!!

My main thing against it is you don't see black people going around with white paste on their faces as a joke. We take those things seriously because for so long we have lived in a society with "Skin Whitening Cream" commonly found on shelves, color contacts of blue and green frequently worn, and harmful chemicals to straighten our hair while burning many of our scalps on a monthly basis; essentially to look more "white". I have nothing against any of these products, but what they represent is very detrimental to our self-image as a minority. They represent the deep seated self-hatred that has been embedded in the minds of black people. They represent the fact that many of us don't restrict our efforts to look a certain way to one holiday as a joke like Black face. I feel like this "Black Face" thing is done in, a hopefully unconscious, but mocking way. But I can't expect the people who do it to be sensitive to how it makes many of us black people, who are not OK with it, feel because they have never been and will never be a black person in America. I emphasize the America part because I don't think there is any other country that has the same level of twisted superficial values as America.
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 2nd November 2009, 10:16 pm

@pwaterm: a very similar thing occurred on some show in Australia about a couple of weeks ago, and harry connick jr got really upset with it. The Aussies didn't see any harm...

what i have noticed that a lot of white Americans seem to not have an idea of the ramifications of being black in America. I don't think they don't want to know, but alot of them just had no clue. I see this more and more when white women stop me about my hair, and they always bring up the movie "Good Hair." The common denominator that is spoken is that they had no clue, and now they want to know everything since their eyes have been open to the topic of black hair (and everything it brings with it).
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by afroseoulista 3rd November 2009, 12:52 am

@Dajewel- I feel you completely…I want to be doing something mindless with, like you said, a glass of wine in hand…not sitting at SBux (wher everyone literally knows my name!) writing all day.

@Sweetdrk1- I can only imagine the difficulties of being a single parent …I am happily married but my husband works looooong hours…leaves before kids wake and returns many times after they are sleep so in a way I feel like a single parent…and yes, it does suck!!!

@Tia- my husband has shrunk $80 tee shirts that are DRY CLEAN ONLY and put merino wool sweaters in the wash so I feel your pain. And sometimes instead of folding it and putting it away, he would rather just throw it back in the wash! Ay yay yay!

Word up @ beautifullyhuman! Can we please stop instilling fear into folks for the sake of consumption? "Go out and buy face masks, all the purell on the shelves…" and here in Cali they had an issue with stores jacking up the prices on the coveted items…$10 for some hand sanitizer? Really?? I personally am not getting the shot for me or my kids. I have two small boys and we are not a Tuskeegee experiment…and I know vaccines are not supposed to be linked to autism but if it isn’t necessary I’m not trying to take any chances!!

Mzbush-models in blackface? WTF???? Thanks for sharing this!!!
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 3rd November 2009, 9:54 am

hey, neighbor!!! what part of florida are you in??[/quote]

Saint Petersburg but I am from Orlando! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 3rd November 2009, 10:05 am

Most "southern gentlemen" are spoiled by their "southern belle" mommas. I guess it is a part of our culture.[/quote]

I totally agree about southern mammas and their sons. My husband falls into this category and his mother is the epitome of hospitality. Whenever we visit I will not eat anything before arriving because she starts cooking after she gets all of her hugs and kisses. I love her but I think my husband was a little taken back by the fact that this southern girl isn’t quite as hospitable [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th November 2009, 11:10 am

Can anyone tell me why grown folks go to work and act like children??? If you get up of your own accord and come to work then damn it work!! I am not paid to be a babysitter!! This ish is getting old and I am not happy today...folks better pay attention!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 4th November 2009, 1:06 pm

Underpaid and overworked! I am going to go on strike today!!
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 4th November 2009, 1:31 pm

I can't post any pics today because the batteries in my camera are low [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 4th November 2009, 2:26 pm

I'm in college and live on campus ( Rolling Eyes ) and the dorm I'm currently living in is....small. Why in the world does my roommate have one of her friends living in here?? I dont want to be a b*tch and say somethin to the RA's but I'm getting annoyed. This room is barely big enough for 2 ppl...EERRRRRRRRR, I hate this!!!!

And from now on....everytime I leave I'm locking the door!!
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioness_Mane 4th November 2009, 4:32 pm

I hate being single, but I hate more is when married men try me. Yes, I'm single but I will NOT be second to anything.

HAVE A NICE DAY SIR [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lioness_Mane
Lioness_Mane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next