CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Vent Thread!

+118
MelMelBee
Nali1987
msoverproof
Jazzmatazz
Cassiedagoddess
Cupcake415
JessiWantsCurls
Sebastain13
yacoomba
anz30
naturally.yours
MissyCee
nikmuch
Stephy0306
Emartini04
J.S.M.
vivacious00
DerbyDiva
drmsd
naturallychelsea
bludini1
Myeka33
Umph
kinksncurls
iculukin
DreamMerchant
queenshakirah
BajanPrincess82
FloridaSunshiny
Mz. CiCi
TheRYL1
gigihaitiancurly
preciouslady
CrissyQ
Napp_Napp_Cat
Ebbz
tnictay
Chef Lucy
Nikcoils
TiseeBabee
goombagirl
nikkinixnicole
Curly_Aquarius
tashafawn24
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
NylaCoils
Raytay
HisBeauty
Karyn
AdriEm
ChrsLvsBks
mverde3
PaganWifey
ElleX
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
stargazer4801
classyPINK
Cherry: extraordinary!
Vee
Heart2Worship
KeetaRay
DeNaturelle
deeply_rooted_chick
Mrsafro
HAMPTONSFNST
MaameYaa
allicat36
KinkySheaPT
jlowman1
Islander3906
new-naturalle
p_nuttie43
Moonwalker733
Neems
LadyMika
PyreFli42
CocaColaCutie
BrownSkinDiva
Mz. Thang
SheaQT
Keisha
IF IT COMES nATURAL
msjakkia
Moni
PanaR3dd
nikki0507
StacyB
quake_19
PoliBohoGlam
Notthecoolmom
PoisonIvy
TruBeautyPrsprs
curly_danni
loveself247
Lioness_Mane
hayylee
afroseoulista
Iomer
Mzbush
krenea
SheeTacular
LuvMeLuvMyFro
nmoultry
lena73
CurlySpeechTherapist
bevyboo628
*CurlyNikki*
NaturalNurse04
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
MissCurly
gammainme
sweetdrk1
dajewel
Beautifully Human
122 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

the Vent Thread! - Page 9 Empty Re: the Vent Thread!

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 24th March 2010, 3:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I want to rant so bad that i have a headache [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] URG!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 24th March 2010, 9:06 am

Dear Jerk,

A lie is a lie. period. A half-truth is a lie. A white lie is a lie. If you left out some details on purpose or because you forgot then IT IS A LIE!

...now back to your regularly scheduled programming
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th March 2010, 11:40 am

Dear Mika,

Please stop getting bent out of shape every time someone mentions gaining weight. Seriously. You've known since you were FOURTEEN that your metabolism is too high to make gaining weight easy. And while I know you're 27 and irritated to high hell that you STILL fit your jeans from high school, you're GENETICALLY BUILT to be thin. Don't ask me how you missed out on the big backsides and breasts that everyone else in your family has. You don't have it, YOU WON'T HAVE IT, so you need to accept it and MAKE IT WORK. Yes, I know you don't feel as though you "look" like a woman. But you ARE one...just a different SIZE of woman.

Please to be picking your feelings off the floor now, and go buy a dress to wear to your friend's wedding.

Sincerely,
The Scale, Your Metabolism, and The Jeans From High School That Still Fit.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 11:53 am

LadyMika wrote:Dear Mika,

Please stop getting bent out of shape every time someone mentions gaining weight. Seriously. You've known since you were FOURTEEN that your metabolism is too high to make gaining weight easy. And while I know you're 27 and irritated to high hell that you STILL fit your jeans from high school, you're GENETICALLY BUILT to be thin. Don't ask me how you missed out on the big backsides and breasts that everyone else in your family has. You don't have it, YOU WON'T HAVE IT, so you need to accept it and MAKE IT WORK. Yes, I know you don't feel as though you "look" like a woman. But you ARE one...just a different SIZE of woman.

Please to be picking your feelings off the floor now, and go buy a dress to wear to your friend's wedding.

Sincerely,

You are not alone. The most I have ever weighed in life was 120lbs and that was in high school. I am barely that now and just getting out of the jrs dept. I used to get teased for being so small, I had not self esteem, and cried often. Now at the age of 28 I have accepted it and other ppl can just kick rocks - I like myself, little butt an all. My man likes it! LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th March 2010, 12:51 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

You are not alone. The most I have ever weighed in life was 120lbs and that was in high school. I am barely that now and just getting out of the jrs dept. I used to get teased for being so small, I had not self esteem, and cried often. Now at the age of 28 I have accepted it and other ppl can just kick rocks - I like myself, little butt an all. My man likes it! LOL

Being thin has always been the ONE THING I have trouble accepting. I was teased for it in school (all the way to college AND in the military), and my family harped on me about it for YEARS. I still get embarrased when I shop for clothes (once in a blue moon). I'm always having to put things back on the rack because they're too big or I can't "fill it in". (I have NO formal outfits for this reason...) My boyfriend constantly tells me that there's nothing wrong with me, that I'm still beautiful but I don't see what HE sees. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm letting this bother me more than I should...
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 1:34 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

I'm right there with you both. After 3 kids I am still a size 0. I get tired of people claiming I starve myself. I used to cover up in big clothes. I never go above 110. I remember eating red beans and rice and peanut butter sandwiches every day in an attempt to get thick, lol. I, too, finally learned to love myself and embrace my size. Wouldn't have it any other way now. Like Tia said-- they can kick rocks (barefoot).
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 3:27 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

I'm right there with you both. After 3 kids I am still a size 0. I get tired of people claiming I starve myself. I used to cover up in big clothes. I never go above 110. I remember eating red beans and rice and peanut butter sandwiches every day in an attempt to get thick, lol. I, too, finally learned to love myself and embrace my size. Wouldn't have it any other way now. Like Tia said-- they can kick rocks (barefoot).

We are beautiful and made without mistake!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 24th March 2010, 7:17 pm

omg im so eff'n wishy washy when it comes to him...one minute i dont want to see his stupid face..then the next i miss him uggggghhhh curse these damn emotions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 25th March 2010, 12:22 am

If my grandmother asks me one more time when I'm going to comb my hair I very well may snap and smack her.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 25th March 2010, 12:46 am

AdriEm wrote:If my grandmother asks me one more time when I'm going to comb my hair I very well may snap and smack her.

Please don't smack granny. If she is anything like my grandmothers-- she will kill you. Literally.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonwalker733 25th March 2010, 9:36 am

tiashauntee wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

I feel so much better now that you all got that off of your chests! I hate that so many people think that just because we're Black women, that we need to be "thick" with big lips, hips, and all that other stuff, and if we aren't, there's something wrong with us. NO, there is NOTHING wrong with being thin, small, size 3, 1, 0, or 00! (I'm a 3, by the way.) Just because I'm not as big as every other girl around does not mean I still can't be concerned about watching my diet and exercize. Being thin doesn't make us less susceptible to health risks. If I wanna be thin and healthy, let me! I've been told that I don't have any "junk in the trunk" by my family members, and that used to upset me. but I also have to remember having "Angel Bassett" arms, and nice legs aren't so bad either [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
God made us in HIS image, and therefore, we are BEAUTIFUL!
Moonwalker733
Moonwalker733

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 25th March 2010, 3:48 pm

Moonwalker733 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

I feel so much better now that you all got that off of your chests! I hate that so many people think that just because we're Black women, that we need to be "thick" with big lips, hips, and all that other stuff, and if we aren't, there's something wrong with us. NO, there is NOTHING wrong with being thin, small, size 3, 1, 0, or 00! (I'm a 3, by the way.) Just because I'm not as big as every other girl around does not mean I still can't be concerned about watching my diet and exercize. Being thin doesn't make us less susceptible to health risks. If I wanna be thin and healthy, let me! I've been told that I don't have any "junk in the trunk" by my family members, and that used to upset me. but I also have to remember having "Angel Bassett" arms, and nice legs aren't so bad either [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Im glad im not the only one with this problem. Honestly, im ok with the way i look, its the PEOPLE who got on my nerves. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I got every thing from " you need to eat some cornbread" to "i never noticed you had breasts before" REALLY?!? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] People these days (im a 00)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 25th March 2010, 9:28 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
AdriEm wrote:If my grandmother asks me one more time when I'm going to comb my hair I very well may snap and smack her.

Please don't smack granny. If she is anything like my grandmothers-- she will kill you. Literally.

Lol. You might be right about that; it's been a while since I've had to cut a switch so I'll just try and control myself.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 25th March 2010, 10:00 pm

Hey, you skinny peeps up there can take my weight! I have no idea where it's going, but I'm somehow like 125 lbs and it makes me uneasy (I had some eating issues last year). I'm a size 2/size 14 in kids, but ya'll can still take it lol.

I have nothing to vent about Smile I'm just glad that I have accepted what happened to me (a freaking year later!) Ah well.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 25th March 2010, 10:07 pm

Sincerely,

THIN GIRLS ROCK!!!

I'm a 2...4 somedays. This is the "thickest" (LOL, that term cracks me up) I've been in my 32 years. You're beautiful girl!
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th March 2010, 10:09 am

Cherry: extraordinary! wrote:
Moonwalker733 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

Im glad im not the only one with this problem. Honestly, im ok with the way i look, its the PEOPLE who got on my nerves. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I got every thing from " you need to eat some cornbread" to "i never noticed you had breasts before" REALLY?!? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] People these days (im a 00)

I think we just created a support group!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th March 2010, 12:35 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

Sincerely,

OMG!! Get out of my head ladies! lol Before getting pregnant with my son I was fitting my size 7 jeans very nicely. (My sister and best friend still don't believe I was ever a 7 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) I don't know if it was how the jeans were made or what but I was a 7 damn it and proud of it lol Anyway, immediately after having my son I was back in my size 7's. The 7's turned into 5's which have now turned back into my size 3's. I believe its due in large part to my son being breastfed. While I know I should accept it I do miss my size 7s. That was the "biggest" I had ever been and I was content there. Hubby joked the other day that we need to do something about my butt because I had too much room in the jeans I was wearing. Says the man who buys size 34 jeans but is really a 32 so he has to pull his belt tighter than he would have to if he bought the right size lol I told him he's right...we do need to do something about it. BUY ME A NEW WARDROBE! That shut him up. I know he still likes it cause he can't keep his hands off lol

I say we are beautifully made and fabulously fit! Haters can go play in 5 o'clock traffic!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 26th March 2010, 12:47 pm

erm, I'm size 14/16 and 5' 8". Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum but can I get a support system too?
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 1st April 2010, 9:08 am

Random Thought: For a true pisces like me, sometimes its REALLY hard for me to grasp onto the fact that there are people who act as though they are your friends, but really arent. I always try to see the best in people, and right now, im noticing that there are some folks in my life who are not true friends....its time to let go....
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 1st April 2010, 9:59 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Random Thought: For a true pisces like me, sometimes its REALLY hard for me to grasp onto the fact that there are people who act as though they are your friends, but really arent. I always try to see the best in people, and right now, im noticing that there are some folks in my life who are not true friends....its time to let go....

Me (I'm a pisces too) and you both...I have had my feeling hurt by "friends" way too many times.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st April 2010, 12:26 pm

AdriEm wrote:erm, I'm size 14/16 and 5' 8". Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum but can I get a support system too?
I can relate. I have never been thin. The smallest size I remember is size 5 in seventh grade. I am hoping to get some hips though--have the breasts and butt. I am a size 14 now and hoping to lose 78 pounds by the time I turn 40 (February 2012). I am finally under 200 pounds [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Why does my face have to act up while on vacation, AAARGH! I L-O-V-E the ocean/salt water, and I think it causes me to break out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Note to self, remember to bring red clay on vacation next time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 2nd April 2010, 2:11 pm

I hate that I have to wear shoes at work!!! Or anyplace for that matter. I need to live on the beach.
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 2nd April 2010, 4:23 pm

i hate the fact that someone had the bright idea to make a birth control pill(that sucks) with my first name and nickname..so when i introduce myself some dumb dumb with a big smile always says oooooh like the birth control pill [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th April 2010, 1:28 pm

I am so TIRED of people coughing and sneezing without covering their doggone mouths! That is gross and you are NASTY!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 7th April 2010, 2:58 pm

Ok folks! We are all grown here so why don't you wipe the BLASTED toilet seat when you are done?!!!!? I now you saw it before you left out of the restroom. OMG!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next