CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Vent Thread!

+118
MelMelBee
Nali1987
msoverproof
Jazzmatazz
Cassiedagoddess
Cupcake415
JessiWantsCurls
Sebastain13
yacoomba
anz30
naturally.yours
MissyCee
nikmuch
Stephy0306
Emartini04
J.S.M.
vivacious00
DerbyDiva
drmsd
naturallychelsea
bludini1
Myeka33
Umph
kinksncurls
iculukin
DreamMerchant
queenshakirah
BajanPrincess82
FloridaSunshiny
Mz. CiCi
TheRYL1
gigihaitiancurly
preciouslady
CrissyQ
Napp_Napp_Cat
Ebbz
tnictay
Chef Lucy
Nikcoils
TiseeBabee
goombagirl
nikkinixnicole
Curly_Aquarius
tashafawn24
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
NylaCoils
Raytay
HisBeauty
Karyn
AdriEm
ChrsLvsBks
mverde3
PaganWifey
ElleX
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
stargazer4801
classyPINK
Cherry: extraordinary!
Vee
Heart2Worship
KeetaRay
DeNaturelle
deeply_rooted_chick
Mrsafro
HAMPTONSFNST
MaameYaa
allicat36
KinkySheaPT
jlowman1
Islander3906
new-naturalle
p_nuttie43
Moonwalker733
Neems
LadyMika
PyreFli42
CocaColaCutie
BrownSkinDiva
Mz. Thang
SheaQT
Keisha
IF IT COMES nATURAL
msjakkia
Moni
PanaR3dd
nikki0507
StacyB
quake_19
PoliBohoGlam
Notthecoolmom
PoisonIvy
TruBeautyPrsprs
curly_danni
loveself247
Lioness_Mane
hayylee
afroseoulista
Iomer
Mzbush
krenea
SheeTacular
LuvMeLuvMyFro
nmoultry
lena73
CurlySpeechTherapist
bevyboo628
*CurlyNikki*
NaturalNurse04
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
MissCurly
gammainme
sweetdrk1
dajewel
Beautifully Human
122 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

the Vent Thread! - Page 10 Empty Re: the Vent Thread!

Post by NylaCoils 7th April 2010, 3:04 pm

I hate meddling family members- who are jealous of you when they shouldnt be!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th April 2010, 3:32 pm

Heart2Worship wrote:Ok folks! We are all grown here so why don't you wipe the BLASTED toilet seat when you are done?!!!!? I now you saw it before you left out of the restroom. OMG!

They must be related to the nasty folks in my workplace
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 7th April 2010, 3:48 pm

@tiashauntee--Yeap!!! It just irriates me that folks can be sooo NASTY! Not covering your mouth is a pet peeve of mine, also. And don't let the person be standing in a position where I can see the back of their throats ANDtheir breathe is hot! OH LAWD!!! I just wanna start slapping folks.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 8th April 2010, 1:22 am

Why do I work here?

Because unlike YOUR spoiled ass, Mommy and Daddy aren't paying for ANYTHING. THAT'S why.

Now STFU and get away from my desk before I EAT YOUR SOUL.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 9th April 2010, 9:01 pm

Me: Yeah, your kids need summer clothes.
Him: Oh, I just paid my rent. I won't have any money until the 20th. Maybe I could reimburse you. Send you a few dollars then
Me: sure because I'm really confident in that given that you have NEVER bought them a pair of socks in their entire 16 and 14 years on this Earth. I am fully confident that suddenly you are not a loser. Except...I'm pretty sure you are STILL a loser. I mean, the fact that you just had your 5th child and just got your FIRST job says that you are someone whose word I should trust. Why was I ever with you? Oh wait...I was 14! Thank God some of us grow up
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 9th April 2010, 9:22 pm

Erica5417 wrote:Me: Yeah, your kids need summer clothes.
Him: Oh, I just paid my rent. I won't have any money until the 20th. Maybe I could reimburse you. Send you a few dollars then
Me: sure because I'm really confident in that given that you have NEVER bought them a pair of socks in their entire 16 and 14 years on this Earth. I am fully confident that suddenly you are not a loser. Except...I'm pretty sure you are STILL a loser. I mean, the fact that you just had your 5th child and just got your FIRST job says that you are someone whose word I should trust. Why was I ever with you? Oh wait...I was 14! Thank God some of us grow up

He sounds a lot like my father did once upon a time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Men like him make all the GOOD men look bad.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th April 2010, 1:47 am

Why do people pretend like they are doing you a favor when in actuality they are only trying to make themselves feel good. Stop patronizing me!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 10th April 2010, 10:19 am

Boys need to stop texting me at four am asking me "are you up?". OF COURSE NOT! After working I dont need some guy pretending that he wants to talk when I kno it's something else. LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 10th April 2010, 5:38 pm

How in the HELL is an apartment building going to turn off the hot water and NOT post a notice!? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And I should smack my boyfriend for saying "boil water". YOU BOIL WATER. WE PAY OUR RENT EVERY MONTH. IF WE PAY, WHY THE F*** SHOULD WE HAVE TO BOIL WATER!?!? DON'T MAKE ME GO DOWN TO THAT DAMN OFFICE. *TOO MANY bad experiences with landlords/supers.*
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th April 2010, 12:48 am

Why didn't I see this thread sooner. Ya'll know I always got sumn to say lol.

LadyMika wrote:Dear Mika,

Please stop getting bent out of shape every time someone mentions gaining weight. Seriously. You've known since you were FOURTEEN that your metabolism is too high to make gaining weight easy. And while I know you're 27 and irritated to high hell that you STILL fit your jeans from high school, you're GENETICALLY BUILT to be thin. Don't ask me how you missed out on the big backsides and breasts that everyone else in your family has. You don't have it, YOU WON'T HAVE IT, so you need to accept it and MAKE IT WORK. Yes, I know you don't feel as though you "look" like a woman. But you ARE one...just a different SIZE of woman.

Please to be picking your feelings off the floor now, and go buy a dress to wear to your friend's wedding.

Sincerely,
The Scale, Your Metabolism, and The Jeans From High School That Still Fit.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My mom is a DD. I'm barely an A. Black people think I'm some type of anomaly and insist that I must not eat. When in fact, I can eat you out of house and home. Everyone always wants to fatten me up. Tellin me to eat cornbread. I was raised on good ol fashioned southern food. I eat rice and bread daily. That ish does NOT work. Oh and the one I hate the most, is for someone to reach their hand around my wrist and go. Oh my gosh, you're so skinny! I know dammit. I looked in the mirror this morning. Next time they do that I'm gonna say oh my gosh you're so fat (regardless of their size) and if they don't move their hand it just might get slapped. And NOT feel bad about it. Grrrrrrrrr. Shopping for clothes is depressing. If it fits here, it's too short. Yea, I have long legs which worsens the problem. Growing up, all my clothes had to be taken in. I wear about a 0, 1, 3 depends on the brand now. But there's still certain styles and things that I can't wear. That don't look good on me.

Sigh... And then there is that feeling that you are less of a woman. Especially when you lack the womanly parts... sigh... I've been very insecure, and it has impacted various areas of my life. But I'm not down with the surgery n alla dat. So maybe I'll get over it one day. It's a journey. I'm more accepting of it that I use to be. I mean, white girls practically kill themselves to look like this. Guess it can't be too bad... Glad I'm not the only one.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 11th April 2010, 1:50 am

deeply_rooted_chick wrote:Boys need to stop texting me at four am asking me "are you up?". OF COURSE NOT! After working I dont need some guy pretending that he wants to talk when I kno it's something else. LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE

I just text back "nope" lol
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th April 2010, 2:44 am

So sick of people telling me, "Your so short!"...

I was 5'0" yesterday, I am 5'0" today and I'll be 5'0" tomorrow. Get over it!

Unless you have some "Miracle Human Grow" in your pocket, I dont wanna hear what you sayin' so stop wasting your breath!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th April 2010, 2:37 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Why didn't I see this thread sooner. Ya'll know I always got sumn to say lol.

LadyMika wrote:Dear Mika,

Please stop getting bent out of shape every time someone mentions gaining weight. Seriously. You've known since you were FOURTEEN that your metabolism is too high to make gaining weight easy. And while I know you're 27 and irritated to high hell that you STILL fit your jeans from high school, you're GENETICALLY BUILT to be thin. Don't ask me how you missed out on the big backsides and breasts that everyone else in your family has. You don't have it, YOU WON'T HAVE IT, so you need to accept it and MAKE IT WORK. Yes, I know you don't feel as though you "look" like a woman. But you ARE one...just a different SIZE of woman.

Please to be picking your feelings off the floor now, and go buy a dress to wear to your friend's wedding.

Sincerely,
The Scale, Your Metabolism, and The Jeans From High School That Still Fit.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My mom is a DD. I'm barely an A. Black people think I'm some type of anomaly and insist that I must not eat. When in fact, I can eat you out of house and home. Everyone always wants to fatten me up. Tellin me to eat cornbread. I was raised on good ol fashioned southern food. I eat rice and bread daily. That ish does NOT work. Oh and the one I hate the most, is for someone to reach their hand around my wrist and go. Oh my gosh, you're so skinny! I know dammit. I looked in the mirror this morning. Next time they do that I'm gonna say oh my gosh you're so fat (regardless of their size) and if they don't move their hand it just might get slapped. And NOT feel bad about it. Grrrrrrrrr. Shopping for clothes is depressing. If it fits here, it's too short. Yea, I have long legs which worsens the problem. Growing up, all my clothes had to be taken in. I wear about a 0, 1, 3 depends on the brand now. But there's still certain styles and things that I can't wear. That don't look good on me.

Sigh... And then there is that feeling that you are less of a woman. Especially when you lack the womanly parts... sigh... I've been very insecure, and it has impacted various areas of my life. But I'm not down with the surgery n alla dat. So maybe I'll get over it one day. It's a journey. I'm more accepting of it that I use to be. I mean, white girls practically kill themselves to look like this. Guess it can't be too bad... Glad I'm not the only one.

You and I are on the same page.

I moved a couple of years ago from a borderline decent neighborhood of mostly Black people to a "mixed" neighborhood (Irish, Spanish, Arab, White, Black). In my previous neighborhood, people stopped me and asked if I was starving myself, if I was eating right, why wasn't I eating. One guy even stopped me IN THE TRAIN STATION and "offered" to take me to breakfast because I "looked" hungry. Another guy asked me if I was half Asian or half White because "only THEY can be so skinny". A former co-worker assumed I just didn't eat. Another told me to quit my job and become a model because "that's all skinny women are good for". (And I did try to get into modeling--I wasn't tall enough. I'm 5'8", same height as Eva Pigford. WTF.) And don't get me started on buying clothes. I actually STOPPED buying clothes for a few years because I felt "too thin" to wear anything nice. I lived in my cargo pants for two years to hide exactly how thin I was.

I'm more accepting of my size, but some days are harder than most. Especially as I near 30. It's like "how old am I, and I'm STILL this size...?". *sigh* Well, might as well enjoy it.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 11th April 2010, 8:11 pm

@LadyMika, women come in different shapes and sizes! Just as long as you are happy with the way you look then everyone else should go kick rocks. When you're skinny they'll talk about you and when you gain weight they'll talk about you. It's a no win situation on both sides of the scale, I know that I am always going up and down the scale because I am constantly trying to get back to my much smaller days but I have to remember who am I losing weight for anyways? If it's for others then I never lose the weight but when it's for me I lose what I need to look good!

Plus I have the "Juicy Genes"; I have juicy thickness running all throughout my family genes so I can't expect to look like my former teen queen years after two babies (some are lucky).
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 11th April 2010, 10:27 pm

Spoiled Kid: My dad only gave me 100 bucks spending money, that's not enough for me. My life sucks, I feel poor.
Me: Poor you. I work on the weekends for 8 bucks an hour (getting paid every 2 weeks), pay for my own gas to drive 45 min to and back from college, get 20 bucks a week for lunch while I'm at school every week day from 8 am to 7 pm studying my butt off to succeed. But no, now wait a minute, you got 100 bucks this week to spend. Man, life must REALLY suck for you. I can really feel your pain -____________-
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th April 2010, 4:10 pm

I can't stand liars and I hate that I can always tell when someone is lying. Sometimes I would just rather not know.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 13th April 2010, 8:03 pm

Why the hell are you worrying about my coming and goings, why must you call me to tell me what my sisters are doing socially like I give a F***!! They never included me anyway. And why you keep asking about how much I lost and you know I got lap band a year ago and lost tons yet and still when I tell you, your reply is if you can lose 50 more pounds you will look better WTF!!! How about you deal with you and let me DO ME?? Also stop giving me the side eye just say what is on your mind and bounce....
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 13th April 2010, 8:07 pm

Is it just me, or do alot men no longer get to know females on a personal level before asking them to engage in some form of sexual behaviour with them? (well no its not just me lol, I've heard too many stories of the failed attempts of waste men lol)

What's always funny is when they're completely amazed, shocked, even bothered by the fact that they received such a rude response (or no response!) after they've posed the question..
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 13th April 2010, 10:20 pm

I wrote about this in the parent thread but I'm still bothered so I had to come here. Why do people feel its okay to have an opinion about me breastfeeding my son for this long (9 months and counting)?? The next family member that asks me, "When are you going to start weaning him?" will not like me at the end of our conversation. Now usually I'm not a hot head but I get the question nearly everytime I speak to a family member. "Are you still breastfeeding?" "Doesn't he have teeth?" BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Stop talking about things that you know nothing about. Okay...I actually feel a little bit better.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinixnicole 14th April 2010, 11:53 am

NEGATIVE NATURAL HAIR COMMENTS! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

their reaction: oh you changed your hair (gives disgusted look)

my response: YOU DAMN RIGHT I "CHANGED MY HAIR" BECAUSE AINT NO WAY MY HAIR WAS GONNA END UP LIKE YOUR HALF DEAD, HAIR THINNING ON THE SIDE AND BACK, BONE STRAIGHT, BORING, CONSTANTLY IN NEED OF A WEAVE, DULL, RELYING ON DR.MIRACLES BECAUSE YOUR HAIR IS IN NEED OF A SOME KIND OF MIRACLE, DESTROYED RELAXED HAIR! ...walking around with scabs on your scalp talking bout "oh you changed your hair".. YOU need to "change your hair" before your ignorance leads you to baldness!
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 15th April 2010, 11:59 am

Sometimes I just want to take a nap at work. It got so bad I wrote about in my blog and entitled the entry The Power Nap
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 15th April 2010, 4:32 pm

Why the hell do I feel guilty for pressing charges on the girls that are bullying my daughter for being natural and wearing what she feels is expression of herself? I should be glad them little heffas in trouble but I feel bad for them. damn my bleeding heart.
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 15th April 2010, 4:40 pm

Dear Boyfriend: please to be not acting like an effin' premadonna. You're hot as you are. Now lace up your Docs and LET'S GO.

Dear cat: You know I love you. But do me two favors while Mommy and Daddy are gone. 1) STOP EATING MY ROSEMARY PLANT. Cleaning up your green barf is annoying. And 2) STAY OUT of the fridge. I'm serious!! DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU SITTING BETWEEN THE MILK AND THE TOFU!! AND IF THERE'S CAT HAIR IN MY TOFU, CAT YOU'D BETTER RUN AND HIDE!!!

Sincerely, the girlfriend and cat owner who can't seem to get a break from EITHER animal.
LadyMika
LadyMika

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 15th April 2010, 6:02 pm

I just had to go and get the braids that the girl in the chair next to me got....all because I'm indecisive-and I HATE the way they look on me. Now I gotta live with it until they grow out cuz hubby wants to get his moneys worth. FML.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by TiseeBabee 15th April 2010, 6:25 pm

jlowman1 wrote:So sick of people telling me, "Your so short!"...

I was 5'0" yesterday, I am 5'0" today and I'll be 5'0" tomorrow. Get over it!

Unless you have some "Miracle Human Grow" in your pocket, I dont wanna hear what you sayin' so stop wasting your breath!

Omg, I'm sick of this sugar honey ice tea too... I've been the same size since 7th grade...I look in the mirror every morning.... Now I haven't grown an inch or a centimeter.... I will grow, however, when I put on those 4 inch heels I got. Now take that, take that.... Ignorant folks.
TiseeBabee
TiseeBabee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next