CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time Henna

2 posters

Go down

First time Henna Empty First time Henna

Post by 1NaturalVaCutie 6th September 2010, 12:11 pm

Hello! Last night I used henna for the first time. thank you for those who posted their henna recipes in the forum. I used a coconut milk recipe that someone posted and it turned out wonderful.. any suggestions on how i can sleep with henna in without it turning into a hot mess in the morning? I used saran wrap and a towel last night. As soon as I took the saran wrap off, the henna was dripping all over the place.
thanks!

1NaturalVaCutie

Back to top Go down

First time Henna Empty Re: First time Henna

Post by Niqui36 6th September 2010, 12:51 pm

You might try making the henna thicker so it won't be as drippy (if that's a word). lol! It can get pretty messy. You can also unravel cottonballs and place it around your hairline. I also tie a scarf around my head after the saran wrap PLUS a plastic cap. Did you take pictures?
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

First time Henna Empty added picture...

Post by 1NaturalVaCutie 6th September 2010, 1:22 pm

thanks! "drippy" is definitely the term i would use as well. i didn't take pictures. it just occurred to me when you mentioned it. lol.will post a picture after styling it. i let it air dry and there is definitely some 'curl" loosen but i think its from all the flat ironing i've been doing this summer. i will be trying the flexi rods this afternoon. wish me luck! here's a picture..used flexi rods after the henna process. not sure if i like the hair style but it was different. lol.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1NaturalVaCutie

Back to top Go down

First time Henna Empty Re: First time Henna

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down